Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Caprice
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2012, 11:01 pm

I'm not actually sure if I'm officially diagnosed or not, I've never had a solid answer on that. I do know that people who know me, relatives, and a few professional special educators agree that I'm almost an exact match for most of the usual aspie traits.

I'm interested in gaming, fantasy and sci-fi novels, and pretty much and thing on the Discovery channel.

For the most part I'm just here for information, but I'm not adverse to a little chatting.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

Hi! Welcome to Wrong Planet! Don't worry about a formal diagnosis as far as your membership here is concerned. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck.

I am self diagnosed, too, and yes, I match most of the symptoms, and you don't need all the symptoms to be on the Autism/Asperger's spectrum. I did take an online test for Asperger's a while back, and did test out as being Aspy, but I already knew I was based on my research.

Finding out what was wrong with me after decades of being different without knowing why, was a relief. It doesn't fix the problems I have, but it solved the unhappy mystery.

I found Wrong Planet about 2 years ago, and lurked a while before joining. It took me a while after that before I would do any posts. But I do like the site. I hope it helps you as it has helped me.

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2012, 11:38 pm

Welcome! This is a great site with a very cool and inviting community. It took me some time to decide whether I belonged here too, but as the saying goes: "If you think you belong here, you probably do." Join in.

Caprice
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Feb 2012, 12:28 am

Thanks for the welcome. ^^

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 2:55 am

Welcome.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 5:17 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

g_mahler5
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Feb 2012, 1:05 pm

hi, :) and welcome to the forum. I know exactly how you feel about not being sure if you're aspie or not, as I was in the same boat for 6+ years, and it was only yesterday that I knew for sure. I'm up for chatting, pm me if you're interested.

Caprice
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Feb 2012, 2:51 pm

I'm pretty sure I am. There's not a lot else it could be. XD

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 3:15 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran