Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ToddleBrights
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

Hello. I joined tonight and thought here was the best place to start.

I am a early 20s wife with a late 20s hubby and a young child. The hubbys AS has never bothered me but latelyas the toddler is turning into a child he is finding it harder to cope. His special interest is computers and thexbox and for the last months,since the kid started nursery, he has wqnted to do nothing but be on them.

This morning he said he doeent want to be overtaken by his obsession and miss his kid growing up.

What im really here for is to find ways and advice onhelping him cope with lifes changes, and also educate myself and my my kid understand how dad is a different version of normal.

Apologies for he long windedness andbad spelling,

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 9:04 pm

Hey.

Yeah, if I had a kid, I'd be very, very worried about the amount of time I spend of time I spend on the computer. I'm not sure what advice to give, though, because I don't have any kids. :cry:

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2012, 10:34 pm

Quote:
This morning he said he doeent want to be overtaken by his obsession and miss his kid growing up.

Does he spend time caring for your child at times when you are not there? If not that may be just what is needed. It's very difficult to limit an obsession using will power alone. But if there is a replacement activity that precludes the the obsessive activity, then it's easier. And in the case of caring for your child alone, he will necessarily interact with his child.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 10:28 pm

Have him put away the screens and get him and your son a ton of legos and other constuction type toys. Only half kidding. :wink:

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 10:42 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Have him put away the screens and get him and your son a ton of legos and other constuction type toys. Only half kidding. :wink:

Though in all seriousness, having toys that both you and your husband enjoy doing might help with bonding. Also tolerating the fact that your husband will probably need frequent breaks from your son will help reduce your stress.

Dannyboy271
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:

Do exactly as he says. Only 100 percent serious. Hide the computer screens or something, and tell em it's for his own good.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 8:39 pm

Welkome to WP

MickImage