Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

LunaOsa
Raven
Raven

01 Apr 2013, 12:29 pm

Hello. Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Kirsten Young and as you can see, I am a new member here. I am 17 years old and live in New York. My birthday is April 29, 1995 so I will be 18 soon. I'm not in New York City by the way. I live upstate. My main family is made up of me, my brother, my mother, and my father. Some of my hobbies and interests include anime, manga, zombies, watching tv, video editing, movies, Japanese culture, fiesta online, gaming, learning about the human body, voice acting (although I suck at it), math, foreign languages, music, playing guitar, playing french horn, and more. My favorite anime is Sailor Moon. My favorite TV shows are The Walking Dead, American Idol, Smallville, Grimm, The Client List, What Would You Do?, Betty White's Off Their Rockers, and more. My favorite subjects in school are spanish, math, and science. I really enjoy learning about the human body. I have been fascinated with it since I was little. Hopefully, that does not seem too creepy. I am in 12th grade in case anyone wanted to know and will be going to college next year. I plan to become a nurse or spanish teacher, however, I am afraid of germs so I'm not sure how that will work out. My favorite types of music are rock, heavy metal, anything related to those two genres, a little bit of pop, a little bit of hip hop, a little bit of R&B, foreign music, a little bit of country, classical, and movie or tv show soundtracks. I would like to note I do NOT like dubstep. As I have mentioned previously, I play guitar and french horn. And as for my singing abilities... Well I was in all county choir before so I guess I am alright but I am terrified of singing in front of people.

Anyway, I found this site while researching symptoms and/or signs of Asperger's. I have my reasons for suspecting I may have it and if anyone would like to hear those reasons, I would be happy to share. I have not been diagnosed yet but I do want to get tested. It would be nice to understand why I am so different. Also, I think it would be helpful to hear from others whether or not they think I might have it based on their own experiences or knowledge. Of course they would have to hear my possible symptoms as well. If someone could point me in the right direction as to where to post or ask about that, I would really appreciate it. I know it's not good to self-diagnose or ask around the internet. I'm just trying to make sure I have enough evidence to support myself when asking my parents to get tested. I guess that's it. The people seem very friendly here and it is very nice to meet you all. Thank you (:

P.s. It took me an hour to write this thing. Enjoy.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 12:44 pm

Welcome! :D

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2013, 12:59 pm

Welcome to the site, LunaOsa. I was born in July, 14 of 1995. So I'm also turning 18 this year. But you look like you're one year older than me. Anyways, welcome. I hope you can interact a lot in here. The more people here, the merrier.

writerwill
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2013, 1:12 pm

Welcome from a fellow newbie!

I'm self diagnosed as of a week ago when I discovered AS and everything really clicked! I just told my parents and they were actually really supportive. I found it best to sit down with a list of characteristics and ask if they recognised any from my childhood. They instantly saw that it explained much from my childhood and teens and have accepted my need for diagnosis as well as offering to financially support it!

I wish you the best of luck and hope that your parents are understanding.

LunaOsa
Raven
Raven

01 Apr 2013, 7:06 pm

Thank you everyone!

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 7:10 pm

Welcome :)

LunaOsa
Raven
Raven

01 Apr 2013, 7:11 pm

Thank you (:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 7:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 8:07 pm

Welcome, Kirsten Young :) I'm Manny

LunaOsa
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm

Thank you (:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 12:57 pm

Sweet greetings to WPea

Mick and PeahawkImage

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2013, 9:09 pm

Welcome! Check out the "Books" section of this site for good professional literature.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/books.html