Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

isomorphism
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2012, 3:31 am

Hello everyone,

I’ve been coming to this site for a while, and I’ve finally decided to post.

A little about me:

I’m 27 years old and from the US. I was first diagnosed with autism when I was 3 years old. Then when I was 4, the doctors said my problem wasn’t Autism, it was ODD and ear infections. A few years later when I was 7 I was diagnosed with being NT. Then I was diagnosed with dyslexia when I was 14. Almost immediately after that, I got hit with dyspraxia, dyscalculia, and dysgraphia, which was great for me because I finally knew why I couldn’t catch a ball, write legibly, spell, or add 7 & 9 without counting on my fingers. Also, because I can’t stand cold weather, the way Styrofoam feels, or the sound of the water in the Brita commercial, I was diagnosed with SPD. Then when I was 17, I traded in all those diagnosis for Aspergers, and I’ve had Aspergers ever since.

I was an honors student in high school, but because I couldn’t pass the standardized test required by law for graduation in my state, I ended up having to drop out and settle for a GED. Everybody said Id never be accepted in to college with a GED, but I managed to get accepted into a top ten school. I finished my Masters Degree last year. Still cant add 7 & 9 wihtout counting on my finger though.

Aspergers gives as much as it takes. Having Aspergers basically sucks 90% of the time, but being Neurotypical seems worse…..maybe…I don’t know…..

One more thing-My favorite number is 37

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 4:07 am

hiya Isomorphism :)
welcome to our cool club 8)
a masters degree, that is powerful. i feel inferior around people who could function so well in school. :oops:

Trekie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Dec 2012, 10:07 am

Welcome. I love your avatar. I used to watch Daria on MTV and I could really relate to her.

LucindaClown
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2012, 10:38 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet isomorphism!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 5:22 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Tim_Tex
Veteran