Page 6 of 25 [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 1:30 pm

Feralucce wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:
Ah, THANK YOU!! ! This is easily one of the most concise ways to explain a special interest!! ! I really commend you for doing this, Feralucce!! Do you mind if I share your blog as a resource? I know a few people who might benefit from reading what it has to say.

Please, share it... shout it to the four winds... I am writing it as a resource for all, in an effort to improve NT/Aspie relations... and, I would be honored if it was cited as such.

Noted! Again, THANK YOU for doing this :)

Then I have done my job

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 6:34 pm

AScomposer13413 wrote:

It sounds lazy and half assed... but I am actually writing this for people who wish to be in my life... I am going to tell them, "read this... if you really want to understand... read it and take it to heart."

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 7:48 pm

I don't see that as either. I see it as a man who knows himself so well that he isn't afraid to tell the world of what his story is, through film, blogs, and other media. At this point, you've done a lot for other people to get to know you. It's on their hands to take it or leave it. Personally, I like your presence on the forums, so I'm taking it!! Keep up the writing :)

Then I have done my job

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2013, 9:37 pm

It is nice to hear things like that... people don't always like us, and people don't always understand our intentions... but i do try.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 9:26 am

Feralucce wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:

It sounds lazy and half assed... but I am actually writing this for people who wish to be in my life... I am going to tell them, "read this... if you really want to understand... read it and take it to heart."

I thought about that as well, I think a guide like that could help people understand the why's to a relationship with those who have AS.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 12:39 pm

Well, Jaden, I've done it for you

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Well, Jaden, I've done it for you

I thank you :D

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2013, 2:57 pm

I would say you are welcome... but I am... well... writing is one of my SPECIAL interests, so I do it constantly... it's nice to have a constant topic to write about

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 8:41 pm

Anyone wanna read it? lol

Clickable link

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2013, 9:20 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Anyone wanna read it? lol

Clickable link

Very good topic, keep up the awesome work! :D

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2013, 11:05 pm

Here is part 14.

Clickable Link

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 2:04 am

Well said. I am very sorry for your loss, I know how that feels.
Take care.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 4:33 am

So.......to all members of the Feralucce Fanclub (TM)

I started a thread for the mods, to suggest that having this thread stickied might be a good idea for new members especially, to find easy access to a great resource to read up on Aspergers. I know as a newly diagnosed Aspie myself, it has been a huge help already, and very enlightening reading.

They have stated that if lots of people show an interest then that might be possible. So, if you agree, click on the thread below and add your name to the petition. :D

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp5467613.html#5467613

Thanks
Moomingirl

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 12:25 am

Moved and stickied, as explained above

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 8:59 am

JWhen I get home and am not on a tablet, I will post a list of all of the current parts. You all flatter and humble me

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 10:46 am

For those of you just tuning in, I have an ongoing series on my blog called "Care and Feeding of Your Aspie." It is designed to be a guide for the Neurotypicals in our lives. I take many of the topics that people want to explain to their pet NTs (this is not a term of disrespect, but instead, one of endearment) and break it down to the best of my ability.

I have a gift for research, and a level of introspection that I have rarely found in others... These two things, coupled with the fact that I am an Aspie who happens to have writing as one of his life long INTERESTS, have gifted me with the ability to impart this information in a way that can be easily understood.

Most of the topics come to me in the course of my life (Like the pets one, tantrum avoidance and the upcoming work issues part), but I am always seeking new ideas. If you want to suggest ideas, I am more than open to exploring them... Some I will not cover (like the differences between male and female Aspies), due to a disconnect between me and the source material. If I cannot connect to it, I cannot give it the proper treatment.

That being said, Here is an "episode" list.

>>>Part 1<<< - rules for basic NT/Aspie interaction.
>>>Part 2<<< - Sensory issues
>>>Part 3<<< - Aspies and Stress
>>>Part 4<<< - So your Aspie is upset (Warning! PG-13 content)
>>>Part 5<<< - Cognitive Dissonance, Decision Making and Communication
>>>Part 6<<< - Some advice for the parents of young autistics
>>>Part 7<<< - Tantrum Avoidance
>>>Part 8<<< - Autism... it IS a disease (comment on the blog. I made my case there... not discussing it)
>>>Part 9<<< - Comorbidity and your Aspie
>>>Part 10<<< - Food issues
>>>Part 11<<< - Autistic Spectrum Individuals and Sexuality (controversial material)
>>>Part 12<<< - Your Aspie and Special Interests
>>>Part 13<<< - Demystifying Asperger's Myths
>>>Part 14<<< - Pets, the Death of and Grieving

From here on out, I will post future parts in the same (or a similar) format