Post a video of yourself!! !! ! !! ! ! !!

Page 26 of 98 [ 1565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 98  Next

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2006
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,052

10 Mar 2007, 10:16 am

Graelwyn, I enjoyed your video, and identified with a lot of what you said about your experiences.
You have a nice voice too.



ASPowerations
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 8 Dec 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 69
Location: Manhattan, NY

10 Mar 2007, 12:43 pm

This is a video of myself singing a Purim song I wrote, a parody of the song "The road goes on forever and the party never ends" by Robert Earl Keane

A few things which I must review. First, my hair does not normally look like that, I just shaved half of it for Purim, the silliest holiday of the Jewish calendar. Additionally, I realized afterward that I should have changed the a line of the second verse to "She changed her name to Esther and Achashvaerosh took her in" to clarify that Hadassah and Esther are, in fact, the same person. Lastly, the sign I make with my hands at the end is not meant to be the Trekkie sign, it is meant to be the Birkhat Kohanim sign. Though I am not a Kohen, It seemed a good gesture for a Jewish singer to make.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvnFfMcfkvg[/youtube]



Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,601
Location: Hants, Uk

10 Mar 2007, 2:45 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Hmm people must be too shocked by either my seeming lack of intellectual prowess...or my grotesque face, to say anything. :lol:


No my wife is hot! I just been too busy trying to do some hacking on my computer converting some video to play on my nephews dvd player.



:lol: Oh doh, I read this and thought to myself, 'what's his wife being hot got to do with me?', haha. I suddenly remembered that thread... anyway, thanks lol. I don't like the video myself as my face is too stiff... I was totally stressed doing it.


_________________
I am diagnosed as a human being.


Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,601
Location: Hants, Uk

10 Mar 2007, 2:47 pm

Starr wrote:
Graelwyn, I enjoyed your video, and identified with a lot of what you said about your experiences.
You have a nice voice too.


Thankyou... I wish I could have described my experiences more eloquently, but for some reason, my mind seemed unable to form the words quickly enough with a cam filming me... I will definitely have some sort of script thing next time, or at least some 'cues'.


_________________
I am diagnosed as a human being.


SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,899
Location: Chicago, IL

10 Mar 2007, 5:28 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Hmm people must be too shocked by either my seeming lack of intellectual prowess...or my grotesque face, to say anything. :lol:


WOW, that is self deprecating!

You look fine.
Your voice sounds like the average british woman. It isn't deep.
As for intelligence? You don't sound dumb. Actually, unless you have something worthwhile to talk about, or do, intelligence past a certain point probably won't be
that obvious. Be happy you got to that point. 8-)

So HEY, RELAX!

Steve



Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,601
Location: Hants, Uk

10 Mar 2007, 5:32 pm

SteveK wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Hmm people must be too shocked by either my seeming lack of intellectual prowess...or my grotesque face, to say anything. :lol:


WOW, that is self deprecating!

You look fine.
Your voice sounds like the average british woman. It isn't deep.
As for intelligence? You don't sound dumb. Actually, unless you have something worthwhile to talk about, or do, intelligence past a certain point probably won't be
that obvious. Be happy you got to that point. 8-)

So HEY, RELAX!

Steve


Thanks, I just am frustrated that when the camera was filming, my mind seemed to go into panic mode and was simply grasping random words. No idea why that happened, considering I knew rationally that if the video was bad, I didn't have to post it. As to self deprecating... I never like how I look on video, lol, it looks most weird when your mouth is moving as you talk :lol: I remember being on webcam with an aspie friend sometime ago, and we both decided to eat on cam, and ended up laughing at how it looked.


_________________
I am diagnosed as a human being.


maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 946
Location: Denver

10 Mar 2007, 9:29 pm

ASPowerations, you might already know, but the vulcan hand gesture from Star Trek actually comes from the Kohen blessing through Leonard Nimoy. Cool song btw.

Graelwyn, you have an awesome voice. You have the perfect pitch of British accent that alot of Americans find calming.



TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,011
Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

11 Mar 2007, 1:03 am

Graelwyn wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Hmm people must be too shocked by either my seeming lack of intellectual prowess...or my grotesque face, to say anything. :lol:


No my wife is hot! I just been too busy trying to do some hacking on my computer converting some video to play on my nephews dvd player.



:lol: Oh doh, I read this and thought to myself, 'what's his wife being hot got to do with me?', haha. I suddenly remembered that thread... anyway, thanks lol. I don't like the video myself as my face is too stiff... I was totally stressed doing it.


You seemed very honest. You saw the camrea in your minds eye as a real person. Which was why you were abit anxious. Though you did not seem that nervous to me
and displayed typical aspie gaze avoidance with the camrea/person.

Oh no my computer crashed earilar and have yet to restore spell checking :(



Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,601
Location: Hants, Uk

11 Mar 2007, 1:21 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Hmm people must be too shocked by either my seeming lack of intellectual prowess...or my grotesque face, to say anything. :lol:


No my wife is hot! I just been too busy trying to do some hacking on my computer converting some video to play on my nephews dvd player.



:lol: Oh doh, I read this and thought to myself, 'what's his wife being hot got to do with me?', haha. I suddenly remembered that thread... anyway, thanks lol. I don't like the video myself as my face is too stiff... I was totally stressed doing it.


You seemed very honest. You saw the camrea in your minds eye as a real person. Which was why you were abit anxious. Though you did not seem that nervous to me
and displayed typical aspie gaze avoidance with the camrea/person.

Oh no my computer crashed earilar and have yet to restore spell checking :(


You know what made that a hundred times worse? Having to actually speak! On yahoo, I was always ok with webcam apart from the fact I would smirk and giggle just through self awareness...but put my on mic and I wouldn't be able to talk. It makes me so much more uncomfortable. Makes it more real. Had this without voice and just music, I probably would have been able to look in the lens and I plan on trying something like that...but it might look stupid.


_________________
I am diagnosed as a human being.


Starr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2006
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,052

11 Mar 2007, 3:49 am

I think you're very brave, making a video of yourself. I think everyone's here's brave who makes a video of themselves. I couldn't do it. I freaks me out just having my photo taken. Pity really, a vid is a good way to get to know other members a little better.



Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,601
Location: Hants, Uk

11 Mar 2007, 3:11 pm

I have to say... I love your avatars... I find something ethereal and spiritual in them. I find that without photos or video, I tend to build up this sort of image of a member in relation to the impression their avatar makes on me...so often, I have had a shock when I have eventually seen a photo!


_________________
I am diagnosed as a human being.


Starr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2006
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,052

11 Mar 2007, 6:20 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I have to say... I love your avatars... I find something ethereal and spiritual in them. I find that without photos or video, I tend to build up this sort of image of a member in relation to the impression their avatar makes on me...so often, I have had a shock when I have eventually seen a photo!


Well, I hope you're not too shocked, lol, here I am :-

http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... 991#501991

I thought, well, if you and other members are brave enough to make videos, then I'll stick my photo back in the piccy thread. I hate it being there actually, I only had it up for a few days last time before it freaked me out but I'm challenging myself to see how long it stays. I'm betting on two days being the longest I can stand it but if it gets lost as more people add theirs I won't feel so bad.



Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,601
Location: Hants, Uk

11 Mar 2007, 6:24 pm

Starr wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
I have to say... I love your avatars... I find something ethereal and spiritual in them. I find that without photos or video, I tend to build up this sort of image of a member in relation to the impression their avatar makes on me...so often, I have had a shock when I have eventually seen a photo!


Well, I hope you're not too shocked, lol, here I am :-

http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... 991#501991

I thought, well, if you and other members are brave enough to make videos, then I'll stick my photo back in the piccy thread. I hate it being there actually, I only had it up for a few days last time before it freaked me out but I'm challenging myself to see how long it stays. I'm betting on two days being the longest I can stand it but if it gets lost as more people add theirs I won't feel so bad.


Heh, leave it on! I imagine people get curious since you are a longterm member. You look fine, are your eyes blue? And I notice there is an artists figure in the background there for getting the proportions right...though I don't know if this is what you have it for.


_________________
I am diagnosed as a human being.


Starr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2006
Age: 63
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,052

11 Mar 2007, 6:37 pm

I'll try. It's not that I think I'm ugly, or pretty either for that matter. Those things don't matter. It's just that the photo looks like some woman but I don't altogether recognise it as me. If you know what I mean. :? My eyes are green.
Yes, I use the figure for art. She gets twisted into strange shapes sometimes, especially if I'm in a narky mood :lol:



calandale
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,439

11 Mar 2007, 8:23 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I have to say... I love your avatars... I find something ethereal and spiritual in them. I find that without photos or video, I tend to build up this sort of image of a member in relation to the impression their avatar makes on me...so often, I have had a shock when I have eventually seen a photo!


At first glimpse maybe, but I can see where the same spirit is there. A little bit of a mishievous look in the eyes.



Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,601
Location: Hants, Uk

11 Mar 2007, 9:42 pm

calandale wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
I have to say... I love your avatars... I find something ethereal and spiritual in them. I find that without photos or video, I tend to build up this sort of image of a member in relation to the impression their avatar makes on me...so often, I have had a shock when I have eventually seen a photo!


At first glimpse maybe, but I can see where the same spirit is there. A little bit of a mishievous look in the eyes.


I was not specifically referring to any one individual there, actually.


_________________
I am diagnosed as a human being.