Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ErbyDerby
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Feb 2014, 2:58 pm

I am new to this forum and don't really know how it works, but they usually start off with new members introducing themselves and telling a little about themselves. I have came to this forum to connect with other aspies in hopes of learning what life is like for them and I hope that we can learn from each other to help each of us to live the best lives that we can. I tend to find myself confused and overwhelmed in social situations as well as taking in a lot of information. I'm kinda random with how I conduct myself on a daily basis and tend to be lacking a clear goal or destination as to where I want to end up. I don't want to carry on this message too long, because I would rather instant message people than do long post and wait for long replies. Anyways, I hope that this forum can help me to get headed in the right direction to live a meaningful life that has some sense of direction.

Hart
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2014, 7:46 pm

Welcome :D

You've come to the right place. Everyone here's rather helpful and understanding. Feel free to ask away.

"If you're not actively involved in getting what you want, you don't really want it."
- Peter MC Williams

ErbyDerby
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Feb 2014, 9:04 pm

I thought that was a great quote. Another quote that I like is "I have more regrets for the things that I didn't do than the things that I did do." I would like to do everything in life, but I know that it doesn't work like that and I get kinda frustrated by that. Are those people in the chat room aspies? I would like to connect with aspies in an instant messaging setting, but those conversations don't seem to go anywhere meaningful. I want to goof around, but would also like to have some sense of progression in life.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 7:05 am

Welcome :)
I too prefer IM over not-so-IM, hope you indeed achieve the right direction you're aiming for