Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

stavrosgreece
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2014, 3:27 am

i am stavros
i am 36 y . am currently unemployed (like 1/3 of the entire Greek population)
i studied environmental biology in wales and also got a masters degree on sustainable development (a contradiction in terms as i see it)
have had ''problems'' with my personality all my life .i really believe i live on the wrong planet
can not really socialize with people .never had a relationship (am gay) and never had sex i only had sexual fantasies all my life but could not get close to anybody enough to feel comfortable .am not out to anybody
i live alone with my pet zoo (have 2 dogs ,4 cats ,6 mandarin ducks ,4 wood ducks around 30 chickens and 4 koi fish) my animals are my only true friends and my reason for life i can only feel my self among them
i am quite good at building anything (could built a house from the foundation to the roof ) and i am quite good at sculpture pottery and i also make jewels (i could sell the stuff i make and in the past i have done so, but t i prefare to just give them away to people (maybe another failed attempt to get close to people )
i have been working out since the age of 12 (started with long distance running then i started smoking so i moved to karate but it was to social for my liking so the last years i do some weight lifting at home .i walk a couple of milles every day with my dogs and i really like the outdoors (mountain climbing, walks in nature )
have no true friends just a couple of people i see very rarelly and i believe are my ''friends'' out of interest
i used to be quite good at hiding my strange personality but my whole life has been a theatrical play so the last years i got tired and choose loneliness instead
i am definatelly becoming more and more a misanthropist
i hate meeting people
i believe my closest human relationship is with my parents and we never got along that well
i have been diagnosed with aspergers some months ago so at least i can understand some things about my life
nice to find you all
hope i meet more people like me

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2014, 6:05 am

Hi, welcome to WP. People are really friendly here. Your zoo sounds pretty awesome! I have had problems with 'trying to appear normal' for a long time! I find it hardest when there is some kind of prior expectation, even if its very subtle, to appear in a particular sort of way. i think sometimes that expectation is constructed a great deal from my imagination and isn't really accurate, and that in fact people can be a lot more accepting of personality quirks, especially if they are more open minded people, or people i find interesting anyway. Not everyone is like that though, and memories of difficult social interactions are usually way more affecting than positive ones. Still, trusting in a less theatrical approach to being social, and not preparing, just doing whatever the hell i want to and trying to give myself permission to do so i think is the way forward.
Welcome to WP anyway :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2014, 7:28 am

Welcome to the Forum.

What part of Greece are you from?

I've been to Athens, Rhodes, Crete, and some of the Cyclades.

stavrosgreece
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2014, 1:32 am

i live near thessaloniki in halkidiki around 100 m from the beach

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 9:20 am

That sounds nice. I believe you're colder in the winter than Athens.

I used to run marathons in the 1990s.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2014, 7:05 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

thepurplefox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2014, 9:17 pm

Hi there!

Studied environmental biology, you say? I have my Master's in Applied Ecology. Not exactly the same, but similar. Maybe we can discuss some things...

Cheers!

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 7:42 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

I also have found it quite a relief to get over trying to fit in. I envy you your personal zoo! :)