Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ginga
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2014, 12:48 am

Hey, All!

I found out that I was on the Autism Spectrum at age 22 or 23, so it's been about three or four years. I scored an exceptionally high I.Q. score (estimated to be >134), but had a huge gap between my common score and lowest score: twice the standard for diagnosing an LD. The woman testing me said that I had NLD, but it's since been removed from the handy, dandy DSM.

In some ways, I'm alright: I make an excellent first-impression and look very normal. Obviously, it took some time for anyone to wonder if I was learning-disabled. But eventually, it all kicks-in again. People will get mad at me or ignore me, I'll get fatigued, etc. My biggest struggle with NLD isn't the social aspect, but my organizational functions. I can't think of how to organize things, and I have very little awareness of time.

I've basically gotten to a point where I'm tired of faking it. I just have very little energy left. I feel very distant from people, and am tired of being talked down to, gossiped about, and taken advantage of. I also feel like I can't connect with anyone. My brain is on a whole different wavelength, and no one thinks the way I do or cares to understand me. My conversations are very dull. I definitely feel like I'm on the wrong planet.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 7:29 am

Hi Ginga,

Welcome to the Forum.

What are you "special interests" I bet you're not dull when you are able to express them!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2014, 2:03 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Dr_Cheeba
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2014, 5:08 pm

Welcome to the island of misfit toys!