Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

artfulldodger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2014, 7:15 pm

Hello everybody, I have been lurking around for most of the week, catching up on reading all the posts here on WP. I have always had issues, ever since I was a little boy, I am 41 now, but never had a name to put to it. In the coarse of therpy for another issue, my therapist diagnoised me with Aspergers. As I educated myself reading here and over on Aspie Central, so many things now make sense. My mannerisims, lack of friends and why the friends I have are my friends. But more importantly, it has saved my marriage. My wife was at her wits end with me. Didnt understand me, or thought I was just a total a_ _ hole. Now she has educated herself as well, and we get along so much better. She sees that I am not avoiding her or dissing her when I isolate after a long day at a social event, my issues showing emotion, empathy ect. It took me the last 6 months to come to terms with being an Aspie, now I am proud to be on the spectrum and knowing better how to live day to day. I am fortunate to have a good job, where I am alone most of the day with minimal contact with the customers, excellent boss and owner of the company that know I am an Aspie. Cheers Mike and Michele

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 7:29 pm

Seems like you're in a good place right now.

Welcome to the Forums.

Is Kokomo an industrial-type area, or is that what it was 20 or so years ago?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 7:35 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

artfulldodger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2014, 9:26 pm

Kokomo is still very tied to the automotive industry, we are the transmission capitol for Chrysler Corperation, there is Haynes Mfg that produces space age alloy metals, The old GM Delco factory is a shell of what it once was, under 700 employed and running on fumes. Delphi automotive has a good size plant next to the old GM Delco plant. Lots of other smaller industies, plus plenty of resturants and shopping.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2014, 1:31 am

Welcome to WP

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2014, 11:11 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet from Sugar Creek Township, Montgomery County, Indiana. Population 250.