Page 84 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 358  Next

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 12:34 pm

Nice to meet you, James. :) 8)

Puck_The_Trickster
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2008, 9:10 pm

What is your first name? Mark

Hobbies and Interests: Computers, Video Games, God, Writing

Why are you here? Something to do, the fact I'm an Aspie may have had something to do with it ^.^

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Errr...About eight years ago when I was ten, I do beleive.

Favorite subjects: Physics

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: Progressive metal...Okay i only ever listen to one band called "Dream Theatre"

Books: EVERYTHING

TV shows/Movies: Movie: The Matrix, Shows: Seinfeild

Instrument: I bang my pens against my desk if that counts.

Do you like sports? I Fence

Family: Lots. (Four brothers, Four Sisters, a Stepdad, a Dad, and a Mother)

Clothing: Dress Shirts, Jeans, and a very awsome hat.

How did you find this website? Magic?

Job: If only...*sigh*

Plans for the future? If only...*sigh*

I'm a newbie...I wish I knew someone.

Any comments?

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2008, 9:44 pm

I don't recall doing this one before so here's mine...

What is your first name? Mark

Hobbies and Interests: I have ADD/HD so EVERYTHING is a hobby or Interest to me! But... to name a few of the ones I actually do... music, metal working, computers, running, wilderness survival(I've taught this before), primitive living, taking things apart and putting them back together... hopefully correctly! lol, the outdoors.

Why are you here? I discovered this place through a friend and since I have ADD/HD I feel like I really fit in here... plus... lots of friendly people!

When were you diagnosed? At the ages of 34 or so, and then again sometime around my 40's.

Favorite subjects: The Human Mind, electronics, computers, primitive cultures

Year/Grade: Back in College but not classified as anything yet.

Favorite music: Old Timey Folk music, Music from around the world( Eastern European, Tuvan, African, etc.), Old Time Gospel (Folk), Country (40's - 70's), Classical, Rock (Oldies, Classic, Pop, Anything but Disco-I still bear the scars from that era!, Current Bands like Seether, Three Days Grace, Staind, Disturbed, Linkin Park), also Folk or Alternative like Eliza Gilkyson, The Wailin' Jennys, Ozomatli, Celtic both classic and modern, Flogging Molly, and many more...

Books: I read many different genres. I read tech books, fiction, non-fiction, Anthropology, Psychology

TV shows/Movies: The Big Lebowski, Jeremiah Johnson, Memento, The Machinist, My Life in Pink (Ma Vie en Rose), any Monty Python, there's more... lots more...

Instrument: Main instrument is the Fiddle, Mandolin, Banjo (Frailin'/Clawhammer), Autoharp, Guitar (Acoustic both steel and nylon, Electric, Bass), a little bit of piano, harmonica, penny whistle, Jaw Harp, nose flute, and other minor instruments...

Do you like sports? I do not watch sports anymore, but I do like to run, snowshoe, snowboard, bicycle, and skateboard.

Family: Father, two Sisters, assorted other family.... and MY DAUGHTER! (my only blood relative!)

Clothing: when I'm forced to by society.. otherwise, I'd rather not!

How did you find this website? A friend at work who may have AS.

Job: Lab Assistant or CPT II (whichever sounds more impressive! :twisted: )

Plans for the future? See my daughter finish high school and continue with her plans, finish college someday and get one of those
KEWL papers that everyone raves about... the one that says I finally finished!, buy a house and settle down... maybe even stay with one job for more than 5 yrs!, write a book... or two, three..., play in a band, and finally settle into one gender or the other! :D

Any comments? No matter what s**t has hit me square in the face... I just seem to continue wiping it off and keep moving forward... hey... I have hope! :wink:

Ithaca
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2008, 1:01 pm

What is your first name? Sara

Hobbies and Interests: walking, drawing/painting, singing, dogs/cats, foreign languages, reading

Why are you here? I think I have AS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not diagnosed

Favorite subjects: English, French, news, psychology, technology

Year/Grade: doctoral student

Favorite music: 80's music, but I like current music too

Books: The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns

TV shows/Movies: Lost, Survivor, 20/20, 60 Minutes

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? yes, soccer

Family: I have a partner and a step son

Clothing:

How did you find this website? not sure

Job: Out of School Suspension Teacher (normally, I teach English in grades 7-12 or college)

Plans for the future? teach psychology or counseling at a university

Any comments? I'm glad to be here.

Bollinger
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Mar 2008, 9:35 pm

What is your first name? Steven

Location: Anchorage, AK, USA (may be moving soon to lower 48)

Hobbies and Interests: too many to list

Why are you here? Trying to make a more Aperger-friendly world for myself and others like me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Summer 2007

Favorite subjects: school was long ago

Year/Grade: long, long ago

Favorite music: Carl Philip Emmuel Bach, Brahms, James Brown, Dave Wakeling, The Spinners, Jr Walker & the All-Stars, many others

Books: by Bellow, Pynchon, Gaddis, Sloterdijk, Nietzsche, Ovid, William of Tyre, many others

TV shows/Movies: by Godard, Herzog, Truffaut, Kubrick up to and including "Barry Lyndon"

Instrument: to play: tenor saxaphone

Do you like sports? Meh. Sometimes.

Family: Oy veh.

Clothing: teeshirts and jeans or cargo pants

How did you find this website? an old friend is a psychologist with an interest in Asperger

Job: Not right now.

Plans for the future? Get a job!

Any comments? "Dada ist die Sonne, Dada ist das Ei. Dada ist die Polizei der Polizei." Richard Huelsenbeck ("Dada is the sun, dada is the egg, dada is the police which polices the police.")

Annika
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2008, 5:40 am

What is your first name? Annika
Hobbies and Interests: Reading
Why are you here? To make connection with those who have AS
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2007
Favorite subjects: Not in school anymore, used to be English, Math and Dutch
Year/Grade: not in school
Favorite music: Anything aside from rap, hip-hop
Books: All books, and I do mean all! (ehm, excluding the romantic they-will-get-eachother-in-the end-type)
TV shows/Movies: CSI, Duckman, Simpsons
Instrument: Whish I could play anything, but have horrible motor skills
Do you like sports? To participate yes, watching no
Family: Parents and a sibling
Clothing: Jeans, T-shirt or polo, Doc Martins
How did you find this website? Through Wikipedia
Job: Yes, always worked. Usually just for a couple of years before I got bored
Plans for the future? Calm family life
Any comments? Is actually "getting" Kafka books an asperger trait?

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2008, 7:34 am

Nice to meet you, Annika. :) 8)

PeteTheRabbit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2008, 9:39 pm

What is your first name? Peter

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, Small Government, Lower Taxes (especially no taxes on my pay check!), NO WAR!

Why are you here? Because I was referred

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 6, didn't find out till I was 15

Favorite subjects: Defending the notion of being different

Year/Grade: 2nd year, trying to transfer to art school

Favorite music: too much to specify, just not alot of the crap they play on the radio

Books: I read everything every where, but mostly on my computer or when I get a book at the library

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch alot of TV, but I am a movie junkie

Instrument: Guitar, learning mandolin, want to learn Piano, and get used to my pro tools

Do you like sports? Hockey and some soccer, I only watch football when my home team is kicking ass

Family: I'm the 3rd of four children, my parents have been married for almost 23 years now

Clothing: does it matter?

How did you find this website? I read a column some where on the net and discovered it so basically I was referred

Job: Looking right now

Plans for the future? becoming an artist and maybe get involved in politics

Any comments? I'm glad there is a comminity like this on the net

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 8:31 am

PeteTheRabbit wrote:
What is your first name? Peter

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, Small Government, Lower Taxes (especially no taxes on my pay check!), NO WAR!

Why are you here? Because I was referred

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 6, didn't find out till I was 15

Favorite subjects: Defending the notion of being different

Year/Grade: 2nd year, trying to transfer to art school

Favorite music: too much to specify, just not alot of the crap they play on the radio

Books: I read everything every where, but mostly on my computer or when I get a book at the library

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch alot of TV, but I am a movie junkie

Instrument: Guitar, learning mandolin, want to learn Piano, and get used to my pro tools

Do you like sports? Hockey and some soccer, I only watch football when my home team is kicking ass

Family: I'm the 3rd of four children, my parents have been married for almost 23 years now

Clothing: does it matter?

How did you find this website? I read a column some where on the net and discovered it so basically I was referred

Job: Looking right now

Plans for the future? becoming an artist and maybe get involved in politics

Any comments? I'm glad there is a comminity like this on the net

Welcome to WP!

I'm not that far from you. I'm in Wichita Falls, but moving to the Austin area this summer.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2008, 10:45 am

Nice to meet you, Peter. :) 8)

larryboy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2008, 11:38 pm

(~)=etc.

What is your first name? - La' Wrence (pronounced La-ronce)

Hobbies and Interests: Japanese Swords, M.C. Escher Art, Fiction~

Why are you here? Because now i discoverd, that i'm not alone.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was never "offically" diagnosed, when i was 10 years old i was injured, and was taken to a psychologist for observation little did i realize it then, but i was exhibiting all the classic symptons of (AS) even before my accident, nevertheless i was given a proverbial (pat on the head, and lolly pop). the prognosis was taken as gospel! never getting a second opinion. and all the while since i've been having to deal with the fact that i never could trully understand why i both lived and reacted in what people just considered to be odd ways until now.

Favorite subjects: The logical theoretical concept of a world wide Technocracy.

Year/Grade: graduated class of 99'

Favorite music: Classical, Techno, Alt Rock, Modern Jazz~

Books: The Fabulist, Dune, NWT-HS, (Timothy Zahn) Star Wars Trilogy~

TV shows/Movies: (tv) Family Guy, Lost, Smallville, Heroes, American Dad!, CSI miami, House M.D., The Office, (film) Contact, Metropolis, Things to Come, Gattaca, Star Wars, Zatoichi, The Final Cut, 2001: a space odyssey, Samurai X~

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? Golf, Basketball~

Family: Youngest of two boys, parents been married 28 years

Clothing: Beatnik / casual

How did you find this website? - From the the great Omniscient WIKIPEDIA!

Job: At&t sales consultant (don't ask)

Plans for the future? - Is to make it to the future.

Any comments? Nope just asteroids!

Last edited by larryboy on 30 Mar 2008, 8:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 5:25 pm

What is your first name? Alannah

Hobbies and Interests: reading (mostly Stephen King and Dean Koontz), playing the Sims 2, Kingdom Hearts, paranormal stuff

Why are you here? Mostly just to lurk and learn, although I might say something once in awhile... I dunno.

When were you diagnosed?: Unofficially, it's been for quite awhile now (was self-diagnosed, and many of the people I knew/know agreed once I explained it to them, a bit.); officially it was about two years ago.

Favorite subjects: When I was in school? To be quite truthful, I didn't like much of school at all... though when I was younger, I'd say it was English... I also liked art foundations (I had it the year before I dropped out)

Year/Grade: I was a high-school .... junior, I think, when I dropped out, although I was repeating most of my sophomore classes.

Favorite music: XD Rock, metal, rock-metal? Game and movie soundtracks, Pop/Jpop.... My fave bands are Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Korn, and Linkin' Park... I'm also rather fond of Green Day and Utada Hikaru, and I've recently started liking some things by Disturbed.

Books: XD Like I said, I mostly read Stephen King and Dean Koontz... also the Harry Potter series (XD)... Some of my fave books are: by Stephen King: The Dark Tower series, The Stand, Duma Key, Rose Madder
by Dean Koontz: Fear Nothing & Seize the Night (and I'm waiting for Ride the Storm to come out... *Sigh*), Life Expectancy, False Memory, and the Odd Thomas trilogy
by anyone else: the Lion Boy trilogy by Zizou Corder, and Dusk by Susan Gates

TV shows: Mostly things on Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, and TruTV
Movies: Mostly Disney things, and things classified as Horror.

Instrument: Never could play an instrument. :/ Although I sing, if that counts?

Do you like sports? ....No....

Family: My bro, my half-sis, my mom, my mom's...boyfriend, the boyfriend's son, my half-sis's guinea pig, and the family "mutant-psycho" cat named Gemma

Clothing: XD Most of my clothes are black- or a dark shade of some color... mostly wear t-shirts and baggy-ish pants... no jeans. :/ I used to wear jeans, but I can't stand them anymore.

How did you find this website? From a couple other autism/asperger online communities.

Job: No job.

Plans for the future? ...Not really... thinking about the future too much sets off my anxiety and makes my depression worst.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 8:45 pm

larryboy wrote:
(~)=etc.

What is your first name? - La' Wrence (pronounced La-ronce)

Hobbies and Interests: Japanese Swords, M.C. Escher Art, Fiction~

Why are you here? Because now i discoverd, that i'm not alone.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was never "offically" diagnosed, when i was 10 years old i was injured, and was taken to a psychologist for observation little did i realize it then, but i was exhibiting all the classic symptons of (AS) even before my accident, nevertheless i was given a proverbial (pat on the head, and lolly pop). the prognosis was taken as gospel! never getting a second opinion. and all the while since i've been having to deal with the fact that i never could trully understand why i both lived and reacted in what people just considered to be odd ways until now.

Favorite subjects: The logical theoretical concept of a world wide Technocracy.

Year/Grade: graduated class of 99'

Favorite music: Classical, Techno, Alt Rock, Modern Jazz~

Books: The Fabulist, Dune, NWT-HS, (Timothy Zahn) Star Wars Trilogy~

TV shows/Movies: (tv) Family Guy, Lost, Smallville, Heroes, American Dad!, CSI miami, House M.D., The Office, (film) Contact, Metropolis, Things to Come, Gattaca, Star Wars, Zatoichi, The Final Cut, 2001: a space odyssey, Samurai X~

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? Golf, Basketball~

Family: Youngest of two boys, parents been married 28 years

Clothing: Beatnik / casual

How did you find this website? - From the the great Omniscient WIKIPEDIA!

Job: At&t sales consultant (don't ask)

Plans for the future? - Is to make it to the future.

Any comments? Nope just asteroids!

Nice to meet you, larryboy. :) 8)
Nice Avatar too. 8)

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 8:46 pm

BelindatheNobody wrote:
What is your first name? Alannah

Hobbies and Interests: reading (mostly Stephen King and Dean Koontz), playing the Sims 2, Kingdom Hearts, paranormal stuff

Why are you here? Mostly just to lurk and learn, although I might say something once in awhile... I dunno.

When were you diagnosed?: Unofficially, it's been for quite awhile now (was self-diagnosed, and many of the people I knew/know agreed once I explained it to them, a bit.); officially it was about two years ago.

Favorite subjects: When I was in school? To be quite truthful, I didn't like much of school at all... though when I was younger, I'd say it was English... I also liked art foundations (I had it the year before I dropped out)

Year/Grade: I was a high-school .... junior, I think, when I dropped out, although I was repeating most of my sophomore classes.

Favorite music: XD Rock, metal, rock-metal? Game and movie soundtracks, Pop/Jpop.... My fave bands are Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Korn, and Linkin' Park... I'm also rather fond of Green Day and Utada Hikaru, and I've recently started liking some things by Disturbed.

Books: XD Like I said, I mostly read Stephen King and Dean Koontz... also the Harry Potter series (XD)... Some of my fave books are: by Stephen King: The Dark Tower series, The Stand, Duma Key, Rose Madder
by Dean Koontz: Fear Nothing & Seize the Night (and I'm waiting for Ride the Storm to come out... *Sigh*), Life Expectancy, False Memory, and the Odd Thomas trilogy
by anyone else: the Lion Boy trilogy by Zizou Corder, and Dusk by Susan Gates

TV shows: Mostly things on Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, and TruTV
Movies: Mostly Disney things, and things classified as Horror.

Instrument: Never could play an instrument. :/ Although I sing, if that counts?

Do you like sports? ....No....

Family: My bro, my half-sis, my mom, my mom's...boyfriend, the boyfriend's son, my half-sis's guinea pig, and the family "mutant-psycho" cat named Gemma

Clothing: XD Most of my clothes are black- or a dark shade of some color... mostly wear t-shirts and baggy-ish pants... no jeans. :/ I used to wear jeans, but I can't stand them anymore.

How did you find this website? From a couple other autism/asperger online communities.

Job: No job.

Plans for the future? ...Not really... thinking about the future too much sets off my anxiety and makes my depression worst.

Nice to meet you, Alannah . :) 8)

JohKnip

30 Mar 2008, 11:44 pm

What is your first name? - John

Hobbies and Interests: film, ww2 history, and aspergers now

Why are you here? because it nice to be with people who understand you

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 4 weeks ago

Favorite subjects: Film, Biology, and reading about philosophy

Year/Grade: graduated high school in 2005 am planning on attending college soon

Favorite music: everything but hip hop and scream-o

Books: a million little pieces, my friend leonard, and look me in the eye

TV shows/Movies: well i used to be a film major so this is hard but ill say the shining (the original)

Instrument: i played the recorder in elementary school...horribly lol

Do you like sports? watching baseball, and doing fencing

Family: living with mom and dad and one sister which turned 18 today

Clothing: uhhhh whatever is comfortable XD

How did you find this website? - searching around for aspergers info

Job: just left bed bath and beyond (thank god) looking for new job

Plans for the future? - get out of illinois XD

Any comments? Meow

Hamster_Guy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: In the real world: Alberta. In my world: wherever I feel like.

31 Mar 2008, 4:50 am

What is your first name? Thomas

Hobbies and Interests: Acting, lego, pixel art, gaming, spending time in my own fantasy world (spend all of elementary school there :wink: ) listening to music, combining unrelated things in my mind (High School Musical meets Titanic, :shrug: ), making people laugh, Combining all of the above.

Why are you here? To be around people like me.

When were you diagnosed? About 4 years ago

Favorite subjects: Drama, English

Year/Grade: 10

Favorite music: Rock. Rock Opera in particular. The Who, and Pink Floyd mainly, but my interests extend into nearly every genre

Books: I remember really liking Eragon, and the odd novel from the school library.

TV shows/Movies: Discovery, Comedy and History channel. All C.S.Is, Robot Chicken, Clone High. Movie-wise: Titanic and the Matrix Trilogy. Then there's Hot Fuzz, Monty Python And The Holy Grail, This is Spinal Tap... more to come

Instrument:

Do you like sports? Skiing, biking and kayaking

Family: One brother, 1 set of grandparents at one point, 4 aunts/uncles, 5 cousins + 1 cousin in law. Then on my dad's side; 1 uncle, 1 aunt, and 2 grandparents.

Clothing: Jeans and t-shirts from various places.

How did you find this website? Same way I find everything: Curiosity and Wikipedia

Job: That'll be the day...

Plans for the future? Architect. Preferably a marine architect, or whatever you call an architect who designs ships.

Any comments? First post here. Here's to many more to come!:drunken: