Page 106 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 358  Next

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 12:53 am

What is your first name? David

Hobbies and Interests: Music (progressive rock/metal, classical, or new age, but I like most types), Math, cartoons, silly stuff, blowing up ant hills with a nuclear weapon (just kidding),

Why are you here? Hmm...why are we all here? I am not qualified to answer that question. Ask a philosopher.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): December 2nd, 2006, at 2:30 P.M. EST. Aspergers, Anxiety and Major Depression, and mild OCD.

Favorite subjects: Music, Math, some literature

Year/Grade: B.A. in Mathematics from University of South Florida (why they gave that to me, I have no idea...)

Favorite music: Progressive Rock/Metal, Classical, some Jazz and New Age. I even like Smurf music. Please let it be stated on the record that I despise Country, Emo music, and Satanic music.

Books: Dante's Inferno, The Time Machine, Oh, and short stories from Edgar Allen Poe.

TV shows/Movies: Family Guy, Documentaries, Cartoons, Sci-Fi; The Dark Crystal, Wall-E, Wargames, Devil's Advocate, Most anything with Jack Nicholson or Jim Carrey in it.

Instrument: Drums, Piano, a few chords on the guitar, and bad singing in the shower.

Do you like sports? NO. I'll watch hockey only for the fights.

Family: One sister, Mother and Father, 4 cats (two are my sisters, and two are my parents). I am extremely close to my family in terms of location and relationship.

Clothing:
T-shirt, Jeans, underwear (what kind? Oh you naughty naughty soul...lol), socks, and black shoes. Sometimes a buttoned shirt that is color coordinated.

How did you find this website?
The website stalked me! Oh terrible fortitude!! ! Leave me alone in this foresakened world!! ! Stop stalking me!! I'll call the police and worse - MySpace!! ! Seriously, I was looking up Aspergers and this site showed up on Google.

Job: I'm a sales associate at Office Depot; mostly a cashier, once in a while, sales. I also receive working disability benefits.

Plans for the future? To relearn my math skills and get an M.A. from that University of South Florida.

Any comments? You forgot to ask me what the meaning of life was. Not that I would tell you anyways. :p

RoisinDubh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2009, 4:38 pm

What is your first name? Róisín

Hobbies and Interests: MUSIC, first and foremost. Strength training, nutrition, swing dancing, history & geneology, photography, drawing, IP law, languages and writing take up the rest of my time.

Why are you here? Cos I'm an Aspie, and I belong here.

When were you diagnosed? 2001.

Favorite subjects: I always loved taking foreign languages, and writing classes were enjoyable provided the teachers were openminded enough.

Year/Grade: Finally done with school, thank gawd.

Favorite music: You don't want me to get started, so I'll be vague. Basically, I love virtually any pre-60s pop, old punk, most world music (specifically Irish, Asian, and Eastern European), big band, ragtime, rockabilly/psychobilly, and yes, cheesey 80s music.

Books: Anais Nin, Charles Bukowski, and Dorothy Parker are my heroes.

TV shows/Movies: Don't really watch TV.

Instrument: PIANO! To play, that is. To listen to, I have a particular fondness for accordions, banjo, and fiddle.

Do you like sports? Used to play ladies gaelic football, but had to quit due to health problems. Aside from that, I've little interest in playing or watching sports.

Family: Despite the fact that I was supposedly unhealthily attached to my grandparents, and my obsession with geneology, I try to stay as far away from my family as possible!

Clothing: Nearly always wear skirts/dresses. Depending on the day (according to other people), I look like someone who stepped out of any time period between the 1920s and the 50s, except with tats and an on-again-off-again nose piercing (which is 'off-again' cos of my job)

How did you find this website? Someone sent me a link.

Job: Attorney awaiting admission to the bar

Plans for the future? Who knows? I take things one day at a time.

Any comments? Not that I can think of, no....but if I have any later, I'll let you know. I don't exactly keep to myself. :wink:

Vako
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2009, 5:36 pm

What is your first name? Vako

Hobbies and Interests: the beach, Nature, recording engineering, political science, regular science, technology, writing, radio broadcasting, music, martial arts, and photography

Why are you here? To interact with other aspies and learn about emotional / social coping skills

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was formally diagnosed as Asperger's 2 years ago, although as a child I was diagnosed as having "autistec traits".

Favorite subjects: same as "hobbies and interesets"

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: My taste in music is diverse. I like Metal, Hard Rock, Classical, Ska, Industrial, Progressive Rock, "regular Rock", New Wave, experimental, Fusion

Books: sci-fi, poli-sci, sci, history

TV shows/Movies: family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, British comedies, documentaries

Instrument: drums

Do you like sports? Hork !

Family: Doesn't everyone ?

Clothing: leather

How did you find this website? I heard the webmaster being interviewed on KFI.

Job: broadcast technician

Plans for the future? to go back to school and find my life's second calling.

Any comments? This seems like a friendly enough place. I think I'll give it a try.

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 11:21 pm

What is your first name? Brian

Hobbies and Interests: World of Warcraft, computers, photography, PDDs (ASDs), many others...

Why are you here? Not sure how to answer this...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not diagnosed yet, but currently seeking professional guidance.

Favorite subjects: When I was in school? Spelling, Music/Band, Drafting, Wood Shop

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Rock mostly. Some country as well. Light classical is also nice.

Books: special interest related ONLY

TV shows/Movies: The Office, Ghost Hunters, South Park, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, etc...

Instrument: I was good with most but my favorites were: clarinet, bass clarinet, trombone, trumpet, and tuba

Do you like sports? Not really, no.

Family: I have a wife. I am not close to my parents or siblings anymore... estranged.

Clothing: I wear the same things all the time by choice. I have 3 or 4 golf-style shirts, one pair of slacks, and one pair of blue jeans

How did you find this website? Googling "Asperger's", most likely.

Job: Draftsman/designer for a large home builder

Plans for the future? Get out of my dead-end "career", stop being overlooked for promotions...

Any comments? A break dancer on a peanut butter cup.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 6:28 am

What is your first name? Hartmut

Hobbies and Interests: History, History of international law and law general, mathematics, physics, economics, politics

Why are you here? My browser could establish an http-connection with wrongplanet.net-server

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Waiting for assessment

Favorite subjects: History, mathematics, IT

Year/Grade: University MA

Favorite music: J. S. Bach

Books: Almost everything

TV shows/Movies: Don't have a TV

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? No

Family: Living with partner - (still ... is close to break-up)

Clothing: causal, sometimes black leather

How did you find this website? google

Job: Software Engineer, currently unemployed, looking since four weeks for a new position

Plans for the future? None - One of the most important lessons I learned is not to make any plans

copacetic79
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2009, 3:05 am

What is your first name? classified

Hobbies and Interests: blogging (although people either ignore most of my entries or flame them), piano, Internet security (newb at this one), my iPod/old-time radio podcasts, being outside

Why are you here? loneliness

When were you diagnosed?: have had severe chronic OCD all my life; one former shrink suspected hi-fi autism or Asp also; never really followed through w/that

Favorite subjects: Victorian history, Internet security, Chemistry, art (although I am not good at it)

Year/Grade: long out of school- useless humanities BA 2001 after severity of OCD caused me to bomb out of chem program

Favorite music: old R&B, industrial, electronic, experimental, Frank Zappa, some alternative & indie, some classical

Books: Edgar Allan Poe, Nikolai Gogol, chemistry textbooks

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV; but I used to love the old show "Taxi" and also Benny Hill...fav. movies are Back to the Future and anything else with Christopher Lloyd, Nightmare Before Christmas, the original silent Nosferatu, old grindhouse movies, a few Scorsese movies, esp. Taxi Driver & Mean Streets, Sam's Song/"The Swap", Session 9, Ringu, not the usual movies you'd expect a female to enjoy, I guess

Instrument: just piano now- used to play many more until cubital tunnel problems screwed up my elbows

Do you like sports? baseball, big Yankees fan

Clothing: currently in serious need of new clothes

How did you find this website? Google search of quoted string "I hate support groups"

Job: unemployed; have worked many crappy odd jobs; currently v. worried abt. this

Plans for the future? get OCD under control; try to find job & learn to socialize normally

Any comments? nah

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 9:17 am

Welcome to WP!

copacetic79
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2009, 8:15 pm

Thanks. I hope that I manage to talk to at least a person or two here. I have more social problems than I know what to do with; they don't even understand the extent of it at the OCD site I visit. I even get rejected at my own blog and at mental illness personals sites. I am trying pretty hard not to get misanthropic; but I really need to find at least one person out there who doesn't mind my differences :oops: Even old shrinks and therapists didn't grasp that I truly did not have even one single friend or "support system" to call for rides when my obsessions about driving left me housebound, and that I couldn't "network" to get a new job when I finally lost my old one. Nobody seems to be able to understand a person who truly cannot keep a friendship or job despite every effort.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 11:36 am

Well, we're all here for you if you need us.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2009, 10:15 am

What is your first name? Sophie

Hobbies and Interests: drawing, writing poems, dreams, mythical creatures, movie mistakes, water/swimming

Why are you here? got AS 8)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): spring/summer 2004 (I was 11)

Favorite subjects: art, RE, science (especially biology), english

Year/Grade: year 11

Favorite music: anything and everything, my fav band is tatu

Books: catcher in the rye, planet janet, curious incident, cuckoos, hoping for hope, the last vampire

TV shows/Movies: billy elliot, ghost, borat, hollyoaks, IT crowd, big bang theory, big brother

Instrument: I can play a teeny bit of keyboard

Do you like sports? no but I love swimming

Family: mum, dad, bro and sis that live in my house

Clothing: slogan tshirts ftw

How did you find this website? heard it mentioned on youtube somewhere

Job: none

Plans for the future? go to college in september to study art, RE, philosophy and psycology

Any comments? no

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2009, 10:18 am

Welcome to WP!

K10wN
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Feb 2009, 11:59 am

What is your first name? Mark

Hobbies and Interests: Driving Cars, Driving RCs, Driving slotcars, Driving the PC, Fixing and maintaining the previous so I can keep driving them.

Why are you here? Like mind people who understand me instead of criticise and chastise me.

When were you diagnosed?: 2001

Favorite subjects: I don't want to remember school!

Year/Grade: Long time ago. Failed year 12, could not do orals in English.

Favorite music: Psychopathic Records, but will listen to most music.

Books: Car manuals

TV shows/Movies: Mad Max I,II,III (can you ever watch these too many times), Simpsons, House MD.

Instrument: Can't hold a beat.

Do you like sports? Motorsports (not bikes)

Family: Married, 4 boys, Dog, Cat, Lizard.

Clothing: 7 identical sets, identical colours. Cotton. (My own pattern so it fits my odd body shape)

How did you find this website? Stumbled on it from Google.

Job: PC Technician/PC shop owner. (used to work for others but they are such crooks)

Plans for the future? Drive lots. Take each day as it comes.

Any comments? Happy to find this place :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 12:40 pm

Welcome to WP from a fellow Simpsons fan!

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 1:14 pm

What is your first name?

Laura

Oregon

Hobbies and Interests:

charcoal drawing, writing, crafts, astrology, pc games, trying to learn chess

Why are you here?

I'm going through a difficult time and need support.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

three years ago

Favorite subjects:

white tigers

Year/Grade:

I have two master's degrees and additional credits toward a doctorate.

Favorite music:

Tori Amos, Ani Difranco, Imogen Heap, Tina Dico, Elvis Costello

Books:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time

TV shows/Movies:

Mozart and the Whale

Instrument:

No

Do you like sports?

No

Family: Deceased mother and live brother both with undiagnosed Asperger's, but who meet criteria. Father is 74 and we are very close.

An orange tabby cat named Magnus, after Magnus Carlsen, a 17 year old chess grandmaster.

Clothing:

Like to wear hats and skirts, casual hip style, lots of unusual thrift store items, etc.

How did you find this website?

I don't remember. I've known about it for a long time.

Job:
SSDI, but I'm writing a book and tutoring students on-line part time.

Plans for the future?

I want to publish another book. I want to practice drawing with color (pastels, pencils) instead of just charcoal. I want to be able to meet and make NT friends for a change. I want to get involved with the AS support group here.

Any comments?

Nope.

EggDownUnder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: Melbourne, Australia, Earth, Sol Solarsystem, Milky Way, Universe

04 Feb 2009, 6:36 pm

What is your first name? Stephen

Hobbies and Interests: Taoism, V8 Supercars, Motorsport, Music, Movies, AFL Football, Jigsaw Puzzles, Video Games, (old school and indie), Editing, Publishing, History, Trivia, Cooking, Sudoku, Meditation, Photography, Comedy, Origami, Feng Shui

When were you diagnosed?: just over a year ago

Year/Grade: finished uni

Favorite music: Rock, Punk, Emo, Commercial Dance, Alternative, Trance, Breakbeat, Electronica

Books: I don't read all that much, but I do like Tao Te Ching, The Book of Chuang Tzu, Hua Hu Ching, I Ching, Harry Potter, Tomorrow When The War Began series, Guinness World Records, Joke books, books on Taoism, Origami books

TV shows/Movies: The Simpsons, The Chaser's War On Everything, Spicks & Specks, Mythbusters, Thank God You're Here, Futurama, The Glasshouse (sadly missed), Deadliest Catch, Good News Week , Top Gear (Brit version way better than Aussie one), Scrapheap Challenge

Favorite Movies:
Indiana Jones, The Great Escape, Groundhog Day, Total Recall, Ronin, Terminator I & II (3 was crap), Rush Hour, Die Hard, Back To The Future, Star Wars, The Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum, James Bond 007 - anything with comedy, kung fu/chop-socky, or action really

Instrument: nil

Do you like sports? as a spectator I do.

Clothing: neat casual, collared shirts, jeans etc.

How did you find this website? mentioned on the wikipedia entry for 'asperger's syndrome'

Job: Records Officer

Plans for the future? not really, more a go with the flow type

Any comments? nope. :lol:

cassandra
Raven
Raven

05 Feb 2009, 8:21 am

What is your first name? My user name!

Hobbies and Interests: Karate, online games, Battlestar galactica series

Why are you here? to learn more and chat

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not sure

Favorite subjects: Psychology, sociology, maths and physics

Year/Grade: Finished uni

Favorite music: Trance

Books: Anonymous, a woman in berlin

TV shows/Movies: Battlestar galactica. Movie Iron Man

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Karate

Family: Married

Clothing: Cord Trousers, they are comfortable!

How did you find this website? google

Job: Electronics

Plans for the future? to complete a masters and phd

Any comments? none at all!