Page 206 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 358  Next

HunTheBun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Nov 2011, 2:41 pm

What is your first name? Eleanor

Hobbies and Interests: Horses

Why are you here? To chat to simialr people i guess?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): About a year ago

Favorite subjects: Art, literacy

Year/Grade: Not sure

Favorite music: Folk, alternative, and popular releases

Books: Vernon God Little, When God was a Rabbit, Catcher in the Rye, The Little Prince, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

TV shows/Movies: Little Miss Sunshine, The Killing

Instrument: Er, the triangle? :lol:

Do you like sports? Yes but not team ones :roll:

Family: Still living with Mum and Dad

Clothing: Jeans and loose top :)

How did you find this website? Recommendation

Job: Horse trainer

Plans for the future? Produce competitive dressage ponies.

Any comments? Nope... :lol:

rainbow_warrior
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Nov 2011, 6:28 pm

What is your first name? Louisa

Hobbies and Interests: music, reading, movies, looking after my gecko

Why are you here? i don't really know anyone else with aspergers so i thought i'd try this out, i'm new here :)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not diagnosed, but pretty sure i'm aspergers
Not
Favorite subjects: R.E, english

Year/Grade: year 11

Favorite music: snow patrol, P!TD, you me at six, biffy clyro, mumford and sons, laura marling. rizzle kicks, ed sheeran...... i could go on forever!! !

Books: never let me go, twilight series, uglies, the picture of dorian grey

TV shows/Movies: slumdog millionaire, tangled, never let me go, notting hill

Instrument: i used to play the flute( not very well though)

Do you like sports? nope

Family: mum, dad, half brother

Clothing: urmmm.... not sure, it depends on the day.

How did you find this website? i'm not really sure

Job: none

Plans for the future? sixth form and then either a gap year to go abroad, maybe on a mission trip abroad (im a christian) or train to be a nurse at university :)

Any comments? noo

admcfann
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Nov 2011, 4:27 am

What is your first name? Alicia

Hobbies and Interests: music, art, puzzles, cooking

Why are you here? i believe i have asperger's and i'm hoping to meet new people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): haven't been diagnosed, but i believe ii have it from what i've read

Favorite subjects: math, science, art

Year/Grade: HS grad

Favorite music: anything

Books: 1984, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Lorax

TV shows/Movies: Lie to Me, Howl's Moving Castle, Harry Potter series, Trigun

Instrument: played clarinet years ago

Do you like sports? some, yes

Family: 3yr old son, roommate/bff/unofficially adopted sister

Clothing: whatever i think looks cute

How did you find this website? google

Job: 2nd shift factory

Plans for the future? I want to eventually go to college

Any comments? not at the moment . . .

aliza
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Dogs, books, gardening, psychology, medicine, languages, travelling, .

Why are you here? To meet aspies and other people and just to talk about everything.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Just recently.

Favorite music: I listen to almost all kinds of music.

Books: The Little Prince, Jonathan the Seagull, books by John Irving, Dostoyevsky etc.

TV shows/Movies: Frasier, South Park / Memento, Kill Bill etc.

Instrument: I used to play piano

Do you like sports? Not really

How did you find this website? I found a link on a local aspie site

Job: Office work / student

:)

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Nov 2011, 12:47 am

What is your first name? Spencer

Hobbies and Interests: scifi, wiki, religousy-stuff, music, anything that is interesting

Why are you here? so I can write what I think without mom & dad seeing(and then disagreeing)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): In 3rd grade because the teacher that I was a weirdo

Favorite subjects: Math, science, english, social studies, wait a second thats all of them :roll:

Year/Grade: 8th Grade

Favorite music: New wave & art rock, any genre excluding most rap & country and excluding all stupid mainstrem pop

Books: most scifi, wiki,

TV shows/Movies: most scifi, TBBT(despite the fact Im not allowed to watch it)

Instrument: trombone, piano(only a little), electric triangle

Do you like sports? No why should I

Family: rather not speak of them

Clothing: shirts with collars(buttoned up completely), maybe a cool t shirt if it relates to scifi or gaming, never jeans, sweatpants or khakis or normal pants, long white socks, sneakers, glasses,

How did you find this website? Wiki

Job: student(its tough but it pays off eventually)

Plans for the future? Move out, go to college(I want YU university), get married, have kids, write tv shows/movies(probably only create & produce), act(for fun),

Any comments? No

BethanyLilyJohnson
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2011, 4:49 am

What is your first name?
Bethany, although I have the nickname Billy because it's short for Bethany Lily =)

Hobbies and Interests: Art, Music, SimsSimsSims(but i have stopped myself from doing that now), Fantasy worlds/games, Writing stories, characters, helping others, Pokemon! Manga, =)

Why are you here?
I got diagnosed with High-level autism last week, and I want to learn about autism and myself and meet other people who maybe think in similar ways to me...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): last Sunday =)

Favorite subjects: Art, Psychology, Music, English, Art, Religious Studies,

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: Christian Music, favourite song = 'you are more' by Tenth Avenue North

Books: Jodi Picoult novels, Fantasy novels

TV shows/Movies: Remember me, The Pursuit of Happiness, Disney movies, Avatar, Lovely Bones, Juno

Instrument: Guitar, Piano, singing

Do you like sports? Yes even though I'm not very good I love swimming, cycling, zumba! =)

Family: Mum, Dad, brother, stepdad, stepmum, 3 x stepbrother, 1 x stepsister

Clothing: I love light pink, and comfy clothes and i love shopping in charity shops, and baggy boy jeans and guy shoes =)

How did you find this website? I love it so far

Job: Not yet

Plans for the future? I'd love to be a writer but also I want to travel and help people who are less fortunate in poor countries =) I know that God will lead me down the right path though =)

Any comments?

pinkmascarade
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2011, 8:54 am

What is your first name? Ruthie - well technically it's Ruth Irene, but people call me Ruthie, Rubear or Ru -- I have no idea why the bear tho.

Location: Phoenix, Az - I really want to move! Can only get so much of the sun.

Hobbies and Interests: Photography (mainly macro photography of any type of flower, and industrial shots), and God. I have been intensely interested in these 2 subjects since I was at least 8 years old. I have focused much obsessed time over them being a core importance in my life. It's not that easy adding in new interests, which I think is lame and confusing lol.

Why are you here? I'm here because I need somewhere to fit in and this place seems like the right start

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I have been referred by a doctor to get a diagnosis. They feel, and I feel it is pretty obvious what the answer is, however I have neglected to really find out the answer because I am not sure I want to limit myself, if it will even place a limit. It's perplexing to me.

Favorite subjects: Psychology, Biology

Year/Grade: 1996 from Highschool with a 4.0 with Honors -- however didn't do as hot in college, but that's okay! Haven't finished that part yet :D.

Favorite music: Tori Amos, Tegan and Sarah, Cold Play - The list goes on.

Books: Walt Whitman - Leaves of Grass

TV shows/Movies: Investigation Discovery - really anything on that channel. Love investigating problems.

Instrument: Piano, violin, Clarinet - however I don't know how to fluently play, I never really did.. I just love the sounds they make.

Do you like sports? No, I have made an effort to try them and I'm too clumsy and my balance isn't the best - however I like watching hockey sometimes. Don't have any favorite teams tho.

Family: Mother and father live in California

Clothing: I love fleece and soft cotton. Anything that feels comfy is what I wear.

How did you find this website? Google helped me.

Job: I am contemplating this one.

Plans for the future? Being better at being me :) I'm a great person and I love to laugh. I just need to still figure out how to say what I mean, say it in the correct context and not get so frustrated and confused, which in turn confuses others. I'm working on this one. :D

Any comments? I like forms, this was fun to fill out. :)

lastnightilie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

What is your first name?: Amanda

Hobbies and Interests: psychology, music, animals

Why are you here?: I think I might have Asperger's and want to learn more about it, and talk to people who probably understand me more than the people I know now.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): undiagnosed

Favorite subjects: psychology (obviously); English/literature; foreign languages; the simpler math and sciences

Year/Grade: College senior

Favorite music: punk rock

Books: nonfiction; go through phases where I'm obsessed with classic literature and analyzing it

TV shows/Movies: comedies (NOT romantic) and documentaries

Instrument: guitar, keyboards

Do you like sports?: Hate them with a passion.

Family: younger sister (17), divorced parents, no diagnosed aspies

Clothing: jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, sneakers

How did you find this website?: search engine

Job: student

Plans for the future?: Move to a city, meet some like-minded friends, live in my own apartment... I am on track to become a psychological researcher, but I would love to overcome my social difficulties so I could run a nonprofit, or even become a professional activist.

Blue_and_Orange
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2011, 6:23 pm

What is your first name? Nicole

Hobbies and Interests: Intactivism, midwifery, Satanism, earthbag housing, numerous other interests and hobbies.

Why are you here? To socialize with Aspies.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Just before turning eighteen.

Favorite subjects: languages, social studies.

Year/Grade: Freshman/sophomore in college. At this rate I'll be in college forever.

Favorite music: Rock and instrumental

Books: Nonfiction

TV shows/Movies: King of Queens, The Business of Being Born

Instrument: N/A

Do you like sports? Like to watch ice skating and gymnastics sometimes.

Clothing: Wal-Mart, 'cause I'm poor. lol

How did you find this website? Search engine.

Job: Student.

whitemissacacia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2011, 7:58 am

What is your first name? Acacia.

Hobbies and Interests: Frogs (I love reading all about them, and collecting frog-shaped objects); books; writing; music; travelling; world peace; ecology; animal rights and welfare; HARRY POTTER.

Why are you here?: I used to peep into this site for months. I just decided to register as a member a few weeks ago, since I felt this community was really close to me in many ways.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was oficially diagnosed with High Functioning Autism when I was 7 (1997), but I wasn't told about it 'till a few weeks ago by one of my friends studying psychiatrics. My family just didn't say anything about it until I asked "am I an aspie?" and it was then when they said "yes".

Favorite subjects: Maths.

Year/Grade: 4th year Architecture.

Favorite music: British Music. Muse, Florence + the Machine, The Beatles, Queen, Marina and the Diamonds... and soundtracks, of course.

Books: Harry Potter. <3 LORD OF THE FLIES <3

TV shows/Movies: My favourite movie is Edward Scissorhands and my favourite TV show is The Big Bang Theory (probably because one of the main characters is an aspie n_n).

Instrument: Piano. Since I was eight, even though I started learning music when I was six.

Do you like sports? Nope, I hate them... -.- I'm also really clumsy.

Family: I'm an only child in a pretty average, discrete family.

Clothing: Anything comfortable, yet cute at the same time. I've been told several times that I'm pretty, and I don't believe being an aspie is an excuse to be ugly.

How did you find this website? By chance, just surfing in the Internet.

Job: Student.

Plans for the future? Finding a job, travelling and being happy with what I do.

Any comments? "Some say that we can't go no further from what the IEP provides, so how do they explain people with Aspergers winning themselves a Nobel Prize?"

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2011, 8:51 am

What is your first name? Jacob

Hobbies and Interests: Languages (learning, studying); literature, especially fantasy; writing; cinema; music; travelling, when possible.

Why are you here? Because here I found the opportunity to talk to people like me. :) It also took some months for me to decide to register. Actually, I was encouraged by my psychologist. But it's being nice to be here.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Less than one year ago.

Favorite subjects: Language(s); Literature; Geography; some History; Astronomy (not exactly a subject)

Year/Grade: Graduated in English Language and Literature. Currently working only.

Favorite music: Alternative rock; Jewish; some punk rock; pop rock; beach rock :p

Books: Several. Favourite authors: James Joyce, Katherine Mansfield, C. S. Lewis, Moacyr Scliar (Brazilian Jewish author), and a couple of others.

TV shows/Movies: Roberto Benigni's Life is Beautiful; Fiddler on the Roof; The Chronicles of Narnia (all 3); X-Men - First Class; some comedies with Jim Carrey; Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, wonderfully intelligent film based on a play written by Tom Stoppard, directed by Stoppard himself and starring Gary Oldman and Tim Roth as the main characters.

Instrument: Guitar, electric guitar (I play a bit), and singing; bass, drums, violin (don't play these, just like the sound)

Do you like sports? Yes, but just to watch, not to play. :D I love Formula 1 races and football (soccer) also.

Family: Divorced parents (I live with my mother), one older brother (he's 10 years older than me and he's married; he's got 2 daughters). I have a younger cousin who lives near and is also Aspie.

Clothing: Comfortable clothes (not tight). T-shirts, especially black or dark blue colours, and... Well, I think there's a lot of things here. :p

How did you find this website? Google :D

Job: Editor / proofreader

Plans for the future? Move to another country (Canada, if possible), write more books (I have one published), get married and start a family, etc. :)

Ex-Ranza
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

What is your first name? Chris.

Hobbies and Interests: Gunpla, Military equipment, DnD. WoW, some anime, and too many more to list.

Why are you here? A friend referred me here.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Nothing official, I'm too poor for pros. But independently researching and doing some online testing gives me strong indications of AS, and possibly autism.

Favorite subjects: Science, especially space, and some in robotics technology, and history.

Year/Grade: High school graduate.

Favorite music: Classical, Celtic, old-school rock (such as Black Sabbath, Cream, etc.), Japanese rock, and some Electronica.

Books: Science Fiction, Historical Fiction, and educational materials pretaining to history.

TV shows/Movies: I'm not certain what I ought to list here...

Instrument: Strings, especially violin, chello and erhu.

Do you like sports? Not so much on traditional team sports... I don't know why people like watching big guys run/stand around in tights for 2 hours... I do enjoy playing paintball, and sometimes I'll watch the AMA Superbike and F1 races.

Family: Mom, Pops, sister, gramps, and an aunt and uncle on either side of the family, with numerous cousins. Sadly, I am the black sheep, and I'm not close with any of them.

Clothing: The cheaper, the better. I have a preference for solid colors or extravagent designs, and cargo pockets.

How did you find this website? A suggestion from a friend, and a quick google.

Job: A fancy city job.

Plans for the future? No freakin' clue.

keanufreeze
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Nov 2011, 10:40 pm

What is your first name? call me keanu

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Movies, Videogames, Anime, Skateboarding, Pyschology, Ineresting Ladies, Comedy, Culture, Travel, Science, Art, etc

Why are you here? to find others like me...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): never been officially diagnosed, was moved from regular classes to gifted classes in the 6th grade, went to college in highschool, passed all my classes in my sleep, and im just finding out, that my symptoms match perfectly with AS...

Favorite subjects: Music, Movies, Anime, Videogames, TV, Pyschology, Comedy

Year/Grade: Im super done with that! (im too cool for school folks, haha!...seriously tho, i graduated with a degree in graphic design.)

Favorite music: Emenim, DMX, Wutang, Nas, MF DOOM, Currency, Black Hippie, Snoop, Jeezy, The game, System of a down, Empire of the sun, gorrilaz, utadah hikaru, imogen heap, lil wayne, kanye west, UGK, 8ball & MJG, Incubus, Muse, and the list goes on and on and also on, :twisted: .

Books: Naruto manga, Game informer, Spin, Complex

TV shows/Movies: Community, Always sunny in philedelphia, NAruto, Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, Aqua teen hunger force, Superjail, Adventure time with fin and jake, Xzavier renegade angel, wondershowzen, All of the screams, Dont be afraid of the dark, Xmen: first class, the dark knight, IT!, The mist, Creepy stuff in general, and shows that are mega meta.

Instrument: FL Studio, Reason, Ableton Live

Do you like sports? only skateboarding and I want to surf, just gotta live on the coast. (Soon...very soon)

Family: yep

Clothing: Black jeans, black slacks, black shirts, black leather jackets, black hoodies, black hats black chuck taylors, designed chuck taylors, nike dunks,

How did you find this website? I stumbled upon it while following the trail of my symptoms

Job: Ive had alot of em, none to important, i just use them to pay the bills and after a year i cant stand them and have to find a new one.

Plans for the future? to live extra chill in Hawaii or just near the water at least.

Any comments? to many to list at one time.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Nov 2011, 12:59 am

What is your first name? Makayla

Hobbies and Interests: Gamer, reader, music lover, I like discovering new things, being nice to people, informing people about autism

Why are you here? I have Aspergers Syndrome

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 9

Favorite subjects: History, Math, Literature, Science

Year/Grade: 10

Favorite music: 3 Doors Down, Adele, Andrews Sisters, Bob Marley, Cee Lo Green, Cold War Kids, Coldplay, Counting Crows, Damsel Fly, Eagles, Elvis Presley, Eminem, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Foghat, Foo Fighters, Foster the People, Gorillaz, Green Day, Hatsune Miku, Iggy Pop, Incubus, Jackson 5, Jimmy Eat World, Joan Jett, Journey, Kaiser Chiefs, Katy Perry, Kings of Leon, Lady Antebellum, Lily Allen, Linkin Park, Love In October, Madonna, Metric, Michael Jackson, Michelle Branch, Mumford & Sons, Muse, Nena, Neon Trees, Nickelback, Nirvana, Ok Go, Owl City, P!nk, Panic! At the Disco, Phoenix, Pitbull, Poison, Queen, Ray Parker Jr., Regina Spektor, Santana, Secondhand Serenade, Silversun Pickups, Simple Plan, Smashing Pumpkins, Snow Patrol, Sugarland, Sum 41, Temposhark, The Beatles, The Black Eyed Peas, The Black Keys, The Trashmen, The Used, Tim McGraw, Tom Petty, Train, Two Door Cinema Club, Usher, Vampire Weekend, Weezer

Books: The Mists of Avalon, The Lord of The Rings, The Inheritance Cycle

TV shows/Movies: No particular favorites at this time...

Instrument: Guitar, a little bit of piano

Do you like sports? Yes, I'm decent at them.

Family: Step-dad, mom, sister, niece, nephew, dog, cat, cat, fish, and spiders hiding in the attic.

Clothing: T-shirt and jeans, comfy shoes.

How did you find this website? Google. Amazing search engine, it is.

Job: None, not that I can have one right now. :/

Plans for the future? College, see the world

Any comments? :heart: you all. :)

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 3:30 am

What is your first name?
I'd rather not say.

Hobbies and Interests:
History, mostly. I play some video games and read.

Why are you here?
I have doubts about AS. The more I read, the more it fits. I started by finding it funnily fitting, now it's scarily fitting.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
I was "diagnosed" (more like referred) for some psychosis-related unnamed something in June 2009.

Favorite subjects:
History, I guess, it's my program.

Year/Grade:
Undergraduate, first year.

Favorite music:
Pink Floyd, Jean Leloup, a number of things. Mostly rock.

Books:
Machiavelli's Discourses and The Prince, Tolkien, history books in general, especially economic history.

TV shows/Movies:
Yes Minister, Daria, The Thick of It, Monty Python's Flying Circus; old war movies, Monty Python movies, James Bond, the Bourne Trilogy, The Lord of the Rings, a few others.

Instrument:
None right now.

Do you like sports?
I used to.

Family:
?

Clothing:
T-shirt, jeans, black nylon socks, shoes.

How did you find this website?
I don't recall.

Job:
I'm a student, but I work part-time at a convenience store.

Plans for the future?
Get my BA in History, then a Master's degree, then we'll see, I guess.

Any comments?
None.

ffsjeyuu
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Nov 2011, 11:29 am

What is your first name?
Alex

Hobbies and Interests:
Sports, Studying, Video Games, Rollercoasters, Science and Technology, and Late 20th Century pop culture, developments and history.

Why are you here?
I have AS and ADHD tendancies. I would like to discuss these things. I would also like to meet new people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
Around age 7-8

Favorite subjects:
Science, PE, Art.

Year/Grade:
16-19 at a special ed school, leaving soon to go to college.

Favorite music:
Most types.
Genres: Rap, Rock, RnB, Pop and Dance, some classical.
Era: mostly 80s-90s, a lot of 00s-modern day and 60s-70s.

Books:
Mainly informational or comic format.

TV shows/Movies:
Cartoons(various age groups), Sports(mix of british, american and international sports, often team-based), Sci Fi.

Instrument:
I would like to learn electric guitar and drums

Do you like sports?
Yes. My favorite sport to play is soccer. I also like to play field hockey, dodgeball, basketball, tennis and badminton. I also love running and swimming.
I would like to try many others.
I enjoy watching most british, american and international sports.

Family:
I have two older brothers, a younger brother and two parents. I have many other relatives.

Clothing:
Casual, sporty.

How did you find this website?
Friend

Job:
I would like one

Plans for the future?
Go to college, get a job. I would like to emigrate to the USA

Any comments?
I will update my personal information soon