Page 323 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326 ... 358  Next

larsenjw922862
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2019, 10:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^welcome to our club, Larsen 8) you will quickly learn which dramatic subforums to avoid.

My name is Jason

larsenjw922862

07 Sep 2019, 10:32 am

DeepBlueSouth wrote:
What is your first name? My given name is Devin, but I go by 'Hank'. People remember it more easily and can always spell it right.

Location: A half-hour southwest of Chattanooga, Tennessee in Northwestern Georgia USA, but I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana

Hobbies and Interests: meteorology, writing, indoor horticulture, landscape gardening, lite carpentry, bead jewelry making, nutrition, cooking, bartending, geology, music, comedy, anthropolgy, history, meeting new people, sightseeing, short range hiking....

Why are you here?
To meet new people, both within my country and abroad, and to gain more insight into AS culture.

When were you diagnosed? 2014, at 29 years old. Was previously misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder (largely due to PTSD and related depression stemming from childhood sexual assault from an estranged family member).

Favorite subjects: English, History, and Science.

Year/Grade: Graduated with an Associates of Arts in Film and TV Production in 2004.

Favorite music: Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Jazz, Trip Hop, and Oldies.

Books: Mostly Classical lit, SciFi, and Fantasy. Brian Lee O'Malley (of Scott Pilgrim series fame) has rekindled my interest in comics and graphic novels lately.

TV shows/Movies: Animation, comedy, sitcoms, BBC... science, history documentaries.... To many to list here.

Instrument: I sing very well, but only play the harmonica. Want to learn guitar.

Do you like sports? While I try to work out a bit to stay in shape, I don't play sports. I enjoy watching American pro and collegiate football, soccer, and enjoy the Olympic games tremendously.

Family: I live with my Mom. We have family far south in Louisiana, but neither of us are close with any of them. We suspect that mom could also be an Aspergerian. She has tremendous social phobia and trouble maintaining friendships or relationships, as do I.

Clothing: It's extremely hot here until autumn, so I'm usually wearing a t-shirt and lite jogging shorts. I can't wait to wear jeans and over shirts and coats again. I love cold weather the best. Makes me feel awake and alive.

How did you find this website?
Actually, a Wiki search for histrionic personality disorder. A TV show mentioned that, which led to reading about psychology, which led me to reading about AS, which led me here.

Job: I was a bartender at a blue collar neighborhood tavern in East Ridge, Tennessee until it closed recently for renovations and got sold. I am taking time off to do minor renovations on my mother's house as she plans to retire and sell the place to relocate out of the area.

Plans for the future?
I am moving to Northwest Oregon with my mother in Spring of 2020. It will be the second time up there for me, but this time, I'm staying put.

Any comments?
I apoligize for not formally introducing myself here sooner. I have already found that I enjoy the conversation (and people) here far more than any other social media platform I've used. Glad to be here!

Hi Hank

Oregon is a lot different than Tennessee. I know that because I've been to Oregon. I will never go to Tennessee, though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 10:04 am

larsenjw922862 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^welcome to our club, Larsen 8) you will quickly learn which dramatic subforums to avoid.

My name is Jason

pleased to meet you :flower:

larsenjw922862

09 Sep 2019, 10:33 am

auntblabby wrote:
larsenjw922862 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

My name is Jason

pleased to meet you :flower:

You too!

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

09 Sep 2019, 1:31 pm

larsenjw922862 wrote:
DeepBlueSouth wrote:
Location: A half-hour southwest of Chattanooga, Tennessee in Northwestern Georgia USA, but I was born and raised in New Orleans....

Plans for the future?
I am moving to Northwest Oregon with my mother in Spring of 2020. It will be the second time up there for me, but this time, I'm staying put.

Hi Hank

Oregon is a lot different than Tennessee. I know that because I've been to Oregon. I will never go to Tennessee, though.

I don't blame you, Jason. Though I was raised Catholic, including twelve years of Catholic school, I do not believe in hell. That being said, I can't imagine hell being much different from where I live now.

For one thing, I have Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder. Hot, sunny, and/or dry weather makes me extremely lethargic and depressed. This region is warm to hot (even all night) and sunny (no clouds even) almost nine months of the year. Cold or cool and overcast weather makes me feel awake and alive. I have never minded snow or rain. My hometown of New Orleans had more average rain days per year than Portland or Seattle. Keeps dust and pollution and pollen out of the air, I miss precipitation terribly in the area I'm in now. I spent the summer of 2015 in Portland and never got hot. Wore coats or jackets at night! Days were blended with clouds, sometimes drizzly rain. Loved it.

Second, I am neither politically conservative or particularly religious. I still practice Catholicism, but I am not 'churchy' like 90% of locals around here. I am not ashamed of my faith, but it is not a major part of my public identity. As such, my only close friend near me (I've lived around Chattanooga for 13 years) is a differently-abled, very politically liberal agnostic who is fifteen years older than me. I do like him a lot, we will always be friends, but do I wish I could meet more people closer to my age who share more interests with me and get out more often. I do not feel welcome in most places around here, and I do not belong here; most locals have made that clear for over a decade.

The last time I enjoyed my life to the point of happiness was in Oregon. I was literally welcomed quite often up there, found better opportunities (and healthcare) which are NOT available 'down here', and made so many friends with whom I shared interests and really connected with!

I very much appreciate the heads up, however I am not only familiar with the vast differences between here and there, I am counting on them. Moving back to Oregon has given me hope, focus in life for four years now, and an acheviable goal to work and sacrifice for. When I escape this region where I'm at now, I'll truly be back home and never look back. Nice to meet you, Jason. Welcome to WP!

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

larsenjw922862

10 Sep 2019, 10:01 pm

DeepBlueSouth wrote:
larsenjw922862 wrote:
DeepBlueSouth wrote:
Location: A half-hour southwest of Chattanooga, Tennessee in Northwestern Georgia USA, but I was born and raised in New Orleans....

Plans for the future?

Hi Hank

I don't blame you, Jason. Though I was raised Catholic, including twelve years of Catholic school, I do not believe in hell. That being said, I can't imagine hell being much different from where I live now.

For one thing, I have Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder. Hot, sunny, and/or dry weather makes me extremely lethargic and depressed. This region is warm to hot (even all night) and sunny (no clouds even) almost nine months of the year. Cold or cool and overcast weather makes me feel awake and alive. I have never minded snow or rain. My hometown of New Orleans had more average rain days per year than Portland or Seattle. Keeps dust and pollution and pollen out of the air, I miss precipitation terribly in the area I'm in now. I spent the summer of 2015 in Portland and never got hot. Wore coats or jackets at night! Days were blended with clouds, sometimes drizzly rain. Loved it.

Second, I am neither politically conservative or particularly religious. I still practice Catholicism, but I am not 'churchy' like 90% of locals around here. I am not ashamed of my faith, but it is not a major part of my public identity. As such, my only close friend near me (I've lived around Chattanooga for 13 years) is a differently-abled, very politically liberal agnostic who is fifteen years older than me. I do like him a lot, we will always be friends, but do I wish I could meet more people closer to my age who share more interests with me and get out more often. I do not feel welcome in most places around here, and I do not belong here; most locals have made that clear for over a decade.

The last time I enjoyed my life to the point of happiness was in Oregon. I was literally welcomed quite often up there, found better opportunities (and healthcare) which are NOT available 'down here', and made so many friends with whom I shared interests and really connected with!

I very much appreciate the heads up, however I am not only familiar with the vast differences between here and there, I am counting on them. Moving back to Oregon has given me hope, focus in life for four years now, and an acheviable goal to work and sacrifice for. When I escape this region where I'm at now, I'll truly be back home and never look back. Nice to meet you, Jason. Welcome to WP!

Maybe I have SAD because I can't stand hot weather either!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 10:31 pm

mee too. so glad fall has fallen early here in my neck o'the woods.

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2019, 10:52 pm

We lucked out today, it was overcast, which kept us from breaking a daily heat record (mid to upper 90s again, 2nd longest heat wave ever recorded for this area).

Also, we had our second rain shower in as many months earlier tonite, which is great since I hadn't watered the garden in two days.

My washer and dryer are in a non-air conditioned garage, so I was literally up all last nite doing the wash. Still a bit tired, but at least I wasn't sweating over my clean laundry! lol

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

larsenjw922862

11 Sep 2019, 4:58 am

auntblabby wrote:

Are you in the Northern Hemisphere?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 5:03 am

larsenjw922862 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

traffic-wise, i'm about 3 hours southwest of you. i was saying the weather in mason county is fallish lately, didn't get above 66F today, high humidity, overcast, sprinkly. feels like fall.

larsenjw922862

11 Sep 2019, 10:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
larsenjw922862 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

traffic-wise, i'm about 3 hours southwest of you. i was saying the weather in mason county is fallish lately, didn't get above 66F today, high humidity, overcast, sprinkly. feels like fall.

Near Portland, Oregon. Ok.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 12:50 am

larsenjw922862 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
larsenjw922862 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

no, portland is 3+ hours south of ME where i'm at in mason county. it takes me about 3 hours to drive to seattle [last time i checked]. mason has its own weather compared to seattle.

larsenjw922862

12 Sep 2019, 5:49 am

auntblabby wrote:
larsenjw922862 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
larsenjw922862 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

no, portland is 3+ hours south of ME where i'm at in mason county. it takes me about 3 hours to drive to seattle [last time i checked]. mason has its own weather compared to seattle.

Towards Shelton, I get it!

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2019, 2:00 pm

We'll all practically be neighbors by next year! :lol:

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 6:53 pm

yay :)

Tokatekika
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Sep 2019, 11:44 am

Hobbies and Interests: cats, animals, trees, nature, walks, video games, biology

Why are you here? To meet new people like me :)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not officially diagnosed yet but very high chance of aspergers from tests done so far

Favorite subjects: biology and anything to do with cats

Year/Grade: starting first year university for the second time

Favorite music: any

Books: Tom's midnight Garden, jurassic Park, ravens biology, dinosaurs

TV shows/Movies: pretty little liars, River dale, vampire diaries, the OA, black mirror, orange is the new black, jurassic Park, salt, tomb raider

Instrument: none sadly though wanted to do piano and violin but too poor :lol:

Do you like sports? Yes! Cricket, badminton, baseball, rounders, netball etc etc loads!

Family: 2 sisters, 4 brothers (2 are half brothers)

Clothing: nothing fancy, or like punkish sometimes

How did you find this website? Google search

Job: petsitter

Plans for the future? Be an environment conservationist or work in a zoo

Any comments

Hello :D