Page 332 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334, 335 ... 358  Next

Vachilla404
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jun 2020, 5:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^ ciao Vachilla004, benvenuto in WP :alien:

Grazie, auntblabby!

jennybonnet
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2020, 3:34 am

yes

asuraswe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2020, 4:54 am

Hobbies and Interests:
Video games (ps4/retro etc), roleplaying games, boardgames, matrial arts, horror movies

Why are you here?
Heard about it and felt that I needed a Place where people won´t call me stupid.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
2 years ago (aspergers, add) and since I was Young, depression and GAD/panic attacks

Favorite subjects:
Post - apocalypse, history
Year/Grade:
Studied sociolog7, psycology and now Security related stuff
Favorite music:
Hardrock/Heavy metal and punk

Books:
Horror, history and coping with my conditions

TV shows/Movies:
Anything animie related, horror shows

Instrument:
Absolutely no

Do you like sports?
Yes. I do Thaiboxing and some krav maga

Family:
Mother, father, a Little brother

Clothing:
Comfy pants and a band t - shirt

How did you find this website?
A lecturer mentioned it

Job:
Security officer and soon to be high risk security guard

Plans for the future?
To find a girl who accepts me for who I am, not WHAT I am.

Any comments?
Hoping to connect with fellow aspies

killerBunny
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2020, 5:57 pm

Professional musician composer producer .....
I do math play chess and 3d modelling gfx stuff in my free time.

INTJ185
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2020, 2:04 pm

What is your first name? James

Age: 57 (omg, how did that happen?! I don't feel a day over 40...maybe 36)

Hobbies and Interests:
Pretty much everything, at least once, and for a day or so and up to a couple years; maybe longer. Things that have been persistent and consistent: Writing, Architecture, Urban Archeology, Bicycling (touring), Travel/Tourism.

Why are you here?
Looking for...if not answers then insight; perhaps perspective so I can better "mask" or better compensate for those problematic idiosyncrasies I have difficulty seeing in myself.

When were you diagnosed?
I haven't been and it's not likely I can be. I'm older. I live three hours' drive from the nearest diagnostic clinic. I'm pretty much the sole survivor of my family (no childhood observers). And who I am now is the result of decades of acquiring coping mechanisms and masking techniques to appear to better fit in. While exhausting, I think I've done fairly well but I'm starting to see there are things I didn't see.

Favorite subjects: In public school? Drafting. In university? Political Science, Economics, History, Languages

Year/Grade: two 2-yr. university degrees and one 4-yr. degree (barely passed but got them all in just 5 yrs. of study...albeit over a 10 yr. period).

Favorite music:
Anything with violins in it. If there's an Irish or Scottish lead singer I'll probably like that, too (just seems to work out that way). If I can't clearly hear the lyrics then I probably won't like it. I don't like brass instruments unless it's with the orchestration of the American "Big Band" sound or swing. I also don't care for any heavy techno sound (it's okay for background but not by itself).

Books:
Most of my books are "Reference", "Textbook", or "Atlas" type books for architecture, history, and languages.
I do enjoy "historical fiction" and "historical fantasy" (ie. "Lord of the Rings", "The Time Traveler's Wife", "Time And Again").

TV shows/Movies:
See "Books", LOL. Sure, I like Sci.Fi., too. I just need about five seconds of any Star Trek (OS, TNG, DS9, VOY) episode to know the whole episode (maybe even some of the dialogue). I only watched ST:Enterprise one time through so...not so much. I really wished "Firefly" had more seasons but "Castle" was a good show, too.

Instrument:
Piano and Violin. I never learned to read music and I'm not gifted so it takes me a while to learn a new song and if I don't keep with it, I forget it after a year or so.

Do you like sports? I'll only watch tennis because it's the sport I play and watching helps my playing. All the others make no sense to me...what's the point of watching if it's not to learn how to play better?

Family:
I lost both my parents by the time I was 8 yrs. old. I was adopted by who I thought was a relative. A recent DNA test revealed my biological parents weren't and, therefore, my adoptive relative wasn't, either. Yeah, that's a lot to take in and get one's mind wrapped around.

Clothing:
Yes. Usually (LOL). Especially now that I don't have defined abs. I prefer one size larger, loose clothing. Nothing snug around the neck. Nothing with a designer label. Earth tones. Dark solids. Nothing that draws attention. I should have been born a "Viking Ninja".

For some reason the YouTube algorithm recommended a video with Kirsten Lindsmith. Someone, in the comments, identified her and her contributions to this website. Voila!

Job:
Looking. COVID has made that incredibly more difficult. I do some freelance technical writing and non-profit administrative stuff, as well as, some community planning and development work. I also do some consulting work for architectural restorations and traditional architectural design work. And then there's the work I take to help carry me through the lean times...demeaning, demanding, and low-paying.

Plans for the future?
I don't have "plans". I have "general intentions". I feel I'm on the cusp of figuring out that missing piece of self-awareness that has eluded me. I'm not sure about that but I have a hopeful feeling. With that, I hope, I will find my true self and learn how to find the peace and contentment I've been working toward. I think I'm almost there. I think it involves a comfortable cabin in the woods (with plumbing and an internet connection) and a loving woman...maybe a dog, too. :D

Any comments?
Six months ago I was advised to look into ASD. I did and have been, gradually. My initial feelings of shock and relief have evolved to acceptance of what seems to be the case. I've taken various online tests but don't understand the full meaning of the results or what to do about it. I don't embrace this label any more than I embrace getting gray hair. To me, "it is what it is" and I just want to learn what I can to understand myself better.

ZombieHermit420
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Aug 2020, 4:35 am

What is your first name?-Ryan

Hobbies and Interests:being outside or with animals. Holistic healing. Music and much more

Why are you here?- to do me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):either 21 or 22 (I’ve been pretty baked)

Favorite subjects:Autism, holistic healing, sports, animals, hip-hop rap, cartoons

Year/Grade:Dropped out of UofO, graduated from sf school of massage and bodywork

Favorite music:Rap, Rock, reggae, classical, chill

Books:Harry Potter, Neuro Tribes, Eragon, lord of the rings, dragons apparently lol

TV shows/Movies: The office, avatar the last air bender, dragon ball, spongebob, stargate sg1, oceans 11-13, what’s eating Gilbert grape?, finding Nemo, stomp the yard, Scooby doos, goon

Instrument: Trombone through 8th grade, tryna learn harmonica I think

Do you like sports? Indeed. But not the politics of it

Family: Interesting

Clothing: let the world bathe in Flatbush :skull: merch! For real tho stay cozy

How did you find this website? Therapist

Job: massage therapist/ high school lax coach

Plans for the future? Hella

Any comments? INFP, end of Capricorn cusp, Gemini moon Gemini rising, life path 9 tarot card: Hermit... ELE : :heart: :skull:

Volpe
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Aug 2020, 8:18 am

First name: Dan

Hobbies and Interests:
Reading, authors, history, politics, Nintendo, Elder Scrolls, walking, animals

Why are you here?
I want to make friends maybe

Must have been 7/8. I remember being asked dumb questions by a doctor

Favorite subjects:
History at school. This led to History degree and Politics degree.

Favorite music:
Rock/Alternative/Pop

Books:
Anything really. Fiction - mainly classics, horror or sci fi. Non fiction - mainly history or political/historical biographies.

TV shows/Movies:
Doctor Who
Star Wars
James Bond
Donnie Darko
Gladiator
Requiem for a Dream

Instrument:
Can’t play

Do you like sports?
I’m rubbish. I don’t mind walking/hiking

Family:
Mum, Dad, younger brother and sister

Clothing:
Tracksuit bottoms and T-shirt

Mums friend mentioned.

Job:
Local Government Admin

Plans for the future?
Learn to drive, move out, find partner, do ok in my job.

Any comments?
I could use some friends.

rottingpetal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2020, 3:14 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, drawing, learning. I love plushies, dolls, clowns, creepy things, and psychedelic concepts.

Why are you here?
I have many people to talk to about this stuff who'd begin to understand.

Favorite music: Gangsta rap, hip-hop, jazz, grunge, 60s rock.

TV shows/Movies:
-Mr. Show with Bob and David, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Moral Orel, Breaking Bad
-Joker (2019), Spirited Away, Beetlejuice, The Dark Knight, Hunchback of Notre Dame

Clothing: I wear a lot of boy-ish clothing or goth-like stuff

Plans for the future? It'd be nice if I could somehow contribute with my art or ideas.

Any comments? I'm happy to be here :^)

NatureLoverNT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2020, 2:09 pm

Hobbies and Interests:
So many things! Anything fiber/wool related. Sewing. Reading. Farm stuff. And anything to do with nature! Cooking. More stuff I can't remember right now. Oh, and music!

Why are you here?
I have friends, maybe a couple family members who may have undiagnosed autism. I have a closer friend who is diagnosed. And I just want to get to know y'all!

Not diagnosed. NT, as far as I can tell.

Favorite subjects:
Math, even though I hated it when I was little. It all started to make sense in Algebra. Writing, unless I'm under pressure. :wink: I love to read also.

Year/Grade: Highschool

Favorite music: Hymns, classical, and especially 4 part acapella singing

Books: Lots. Some favorites are The Encyclopedia of Country Living, The Complete Tightwad Gazzette, James Herriot's books, old books by Gene Stratton Porter. I read War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy when I was 12, and loved it. I may read it again soon. I read the Three Musketeers, and it was disappointing at the end because it doesn't end 'happily ever after'. I want to read Les Miserables someday soon, but haven't made time yet.

TV shows/Movies: the Little House series, Chronicles of Narnia

Instrument: I have a violin that I wish I could learn. I am learning piano. Also my friends and I sing at church a lot.

Do you like sports? Yes! Favorites are Volleyball, Swimming and recently I started playing Kickball. I'm not the greatest but it's fun!

How did you find this website? Google searching about Aspergers and autism.

Hope to get to know you all better! :)

Moonbean666
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2020, 4:14 pm

What is your first name? Elena

Hobbies and Interests:Languages, airport security, travel, human rights, art, photography, dj music, podcasting of three podcasts, watercolours, jewelry making, pen paling, stargazing, stormgazing, movies, tv, music listening,

Why are you here? Friend with similar gifts

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):Aspergers, ptsd, adhd, ocd, borderline personality,

Favorite subjects:Astronomy

Year/Grade:Graduate all,ost ten years ago from high school planning on going into police foundations at my local college in a few years

Favorite music:marylin man, alien sex fiend, techno, rap, Metal, hip hop, Pop.

Books: Silverwing trilogy, worlds most dangerous places,Judi picoult , Lisa scottoline, the stand

TV shows/Movies:black list and Midnigh gospel

Instrument:iPad, guitar, ukulele

Do you like sports? Noooooooooooooo!

Family: A brother and aunt.

Clothing: Goth

How did you find this website? I was on it a few years ago loved it but lost my password so by memory

Job: Podcaster, dj

Plans for the future? Welll I hope to be in airport security but I have to go into police foundations. I am also planning on getting my self tattooed to the hilt. Working anger and hopefully still in a relationship with my beauty.

Any comments? Peace be upon you

War breeds war
Peace breeds humanity

Floorboard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Aug 2020, 2:26 am

What is your first name?
Dan

Hobbies and Interests:
Diecast cars, cars, electronics

Why are you here?
I don’t want to feel invisible any more.

Bipolar 2001, Aspergers June 2020

Favorite subjects:
Technical writing, geography

Year/Grade:
150+ university credits @ 3.2 gpa but no degree, could never understand what classes I needed to meet all the requirements and the counselors never helped. I just kept signing up for classes.

Favorite music:
almost everything from opera to good rap

Books:
Reference materials, trivia, World Book, Latin-English and Italian-English dictionaries, Hardy Boys, The Cat Who...series

TV shows/Movies:
Dazed & Confused, Joker, L.A. Confidential, Midnight Madness, sitcoms, standup, comedy movies

Instrument:
Attempted trumpet, drums, guitar and piano but I just can’t read music. I have to find G and count the spaces to the right note in my head.

Do you like sports?
Enjoy much more in person than on tv. Plus I have a short attention span so even when I try to watch I tune in near the end.

Family:
Usual, mom, dad, bro, sis, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc.

Clothing:
Cotton t shirts and shorts most of the year.

Came up when reading about autism

Job:
Haven’t been able to work since 2005

Plans for the future?
Never think about the future.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2020, 2:32 am

^^^hiya Floorboard, welcome to WP :)

Arronax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2020, 1:28 pm

Hobbies and Interest:
Gaming, Music, Youtube
Why are you here?
Seems like a good place to be social when it matches my diagnosis
When Were you diagnosed?
5 years ago?
Favorite music
post-hardcore
Books:
I like reading Nietzsche, without claiming to understand him, really.
TV shows/Movies
Used to like GoT until it went down the drain. Now I don't watch anything, but I want to start again.
Instrument:
Started playing guitar recently, but I always lose motivation to practice. Probably my fine-motor skills aren't good enough. I thought about playing piano.
Do you like sports?
More into motorsports
Family?
Most important thing in the world.
Google, probably.
Plans for the future?
Be less autistic. Kind of.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2020, 2:34 pm

What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: Horse back riding, rockabilly fashion and music, music, animals,

Why are you here? I have autism

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I don't remember

Favorite subjects: History and English

Year/Grade: I graduated

Favorite music: Iron maiden, Pink Floyd, The Stray Cats, The Cramps

Books: The Secret History, A Confederacy of Dunces, The Outsiders, To Kill a Mockingbird,

TV shows/Movies: Supernatural, Dark Shadows, American Horror Story, Twin Peaks.

Instrument: I used to play the trumpet

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I like horseback riding

Family: A mom and a dad as well as a brother and sister

Clothing: I like to dress alternative. I dress punk, goth, Rockabilly/pinup, and vintage.

How did you find this website? I found it by looking it up.

Job: I dont have one

Plans for the future? I'm not sure right now

Any comments? I like that this community exists

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 6:39 pm

Welcome here! Don't take this all to seriously ... :wink:
Be aware that the people here are very different.

Last edited by quite an extreme on 25 Aug 2020, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 6:45 pm

Welcome Crystal1414!