Page 336 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339 ... 358  Next

eli.is.mostly.water
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2021, 9:09 pm

Name: Eli

Hobbies and Interests: Piano, reading, and forensic pathology

Why are you here?: I want to get connected with other aspies in the LGBTQ+ community

When were you diagnosed?: August 2020

Favorite subjects: Science

Year/Grade: 10 (HS Sophomore)

Favorite music: dodie and Orla Gartland are my favourite artists.

Books: Any and all. I read all the time

TV shows/Movies: The Office

Instrument: Piano (9 years!)

Do you like sports?: Not really

Family: Mom, dad, older sister, cat, and dog

How did you find this website?: My therapist recommended it to me

Plans for the future?: I want to be an autopsy technician.

Any comments?: They/them pronouns, please!

Mafinic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2021, 10:12 am

How much time do you spend to fill it approximately?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2021, 10:55 am

^^^Hiya Mafinic :) welcome to the club here :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

to answer your question, only a few minutes.

whalewhalewhale
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2021, 10:42 am

Name: Emma

Hobbies and Interests:
- computers
- Dinosaurs
- Robots
- The ocean/ ocean life
- Photography
- Tv Shows
- Math / Science
- Animals
- Foreign Languages
- Electrical Engineering / Engineering in General
- Chess

Why are you here?
Because as much as my NT friends try to support me, they just don't get it the way ND people do.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
I was diagnosed with ADHD in 8th grade (but I should have been diagnosed way earlier). And all my doctors are like 98% sure I have ASD, I just haven't been formally diagnosed because COVID is making it hard.

Favorite subjects:
Math and science. I like history sometimes I just have a hard time with a lot of reading and writing and also US history is frustrating because the US really wasn't founded by some great people.

Year/Grade: Junior Year Grade 11

Favorite music: I know everyone sats this but I honestly listen to all types of music.

Books: I'm reading the Game of Thrones series right now.

TV shows/Movies: Ooh I have a lot of favorites. I'll keep it short.
- Lucifer, The Office, The Fosters, Biohackers, OITNB, Parks and Rec, Breakign Bad, The Ranch, That 70's show, Dexter, HTGAWM, Sense8, 3%, Chuck, The 100, The Queen’s Gambit, Jane The Virgin, Schitts Creek, The Last Kingdom, Grace and Frankie, IASIP, What We do in the shadows, Rick and morty, THERE'S a lot more. If anyone wants to talk about tv shows you can respond with a TV show and I'll tell you if I've watched it.

Instrument: I kind of know how to play the Ukelele

Do you like sports? Depends on the day but I play soccer and softball.

Family: Sore Subject.

Clothing: I wear it.

How did you find this website? I don't remember

Job: I do freelance graphic design work online, I'm a freelance photographer, I'm an intern at an education center, and. I work on the phone.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 1:35 pm

[quote="whalewhalewhale"]
Favorite music: I know everyone sats this but I honestly listen to all types of music.

I don't. There are certain genres I won't even give a chance. Especially stuff from the last 30 years.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2021, 5:05 pm

Quote:
What is your first name? Mats

Hobbies and Interests: Woodworking, general handicraft, sewing and other thread, rope, or cloth based work; cartoons; the board game Go. I could go on...

Why are you here?: I have always saught understanding of the world, myself and others.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Jan 18 2021

Favorite subjects: This relates to hobbies and interests? I don't really know what to say, perhaps languages.

Year/Grade: I did 4.5 years of high school, including one year in USA and a semester as a separate course, then one semester of collage, also a separate course, I didn't drop out.
Then recently I studied boatbuildning for two years at high school level and then rigging for two years at collage level.

Favorite music: Basically folk music and punk, not neccesarily combined.

Books: I tend to lean a bit towards facts rather than fiction, but I love Kurt Vonnegut, Edgar Allan Poe, Hemmingway and a lot of others.

TV shows/Movies: I like horror a lot, I don't really get scared from them but rather find them exciting.

Instrument: I play the recorder, I know a bit of guitar but really just a bit, I can spot a piano if one is in sight.

Do you like sports? I used to swim a lot, skiing too, and cross country ice skating. Never liket watching sports.

Family: Son, brother and three unkles left, the rest have passed.

Clothing: Usually black, but I don't really care.

How did you find this website?: I don't remember, I guess I was googeling for autism.

Job: Rigger

Plans for the future?: No real plan, get a hold of myself?

Any comments?

Shadow1888
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2021, 5:44 pm

What is your first name?
Danny

Hobbies and Interests:Playing video games, listening to music, reading books/comics, watching movies.

Why are you here?
To see if i can relate to people and figure out if i am on the specrum.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):Currently trying to get assessed for autism.

Favorite subjects:History,Music and Art.

Year/Grade:Didn't finish school due to mental health.

Favorite music:80's thrash metal, 50's, and whatever peaks my interst.

Favourite video games:Assassins creed series, Far cry series, Dead island, Dead rising, Elder scrolls V Skyrim, Diablo 3, Forza horizon, Bioshock, Dragon age, Fallout,Resident evil, Dying light.

Books:anything sci-fi/horror, comics too.

TV shows/Movies:Big zombie fan. George A romero, the walking dead, my favourite movie is Terminator 2 judgement day.

Instrument:Did play guitar, hoping to continue one day.

Do you like sports? I don't play sports but i don't mind watching every now and again.

Family:I have a wife, 3 children and 3 cats.

Clothing:Tends to be all dark colours and anything i feel comfortable in.

How did you find this website?
I found it on google while searching for autism forums.

Job:currently unable.

Plans for the future?
To get diagnosed and pursue my interests while having a happy life with my family.

Any comments?
I would like to meet more like minded people and get a better understanding of who i am.

Armani
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2021, 8:10 am

Name; Armani
Age; 16 today! :)
Location; Staffordshire, England
Hobbies and Interests; Reading, creative writing (lyrics, poems, short stories), drawing, singing, playing piano
Why I'm here; To learn about other people's coping strategies, to see who else/how many other people I relate to, to see if I can help anyone with Asperger's.
Favourite Subjects; English, Music, Science, and even though I don't do Drama or Art at school, I wish I did because I really enjoy them
Year: 11
Favourite Music; Adele, The Vamps, Gabbie Hanna, Billie Eilish, One Direction, Harry Styles, Fleetwood Mac, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, BTS, Melanie Martinez, Miquela, Nursery Rhymes/lullabies, Ariana Grande
Books/authors: Cassandra Clare, Stieg Larsson, Enid Blyton, Michael Morpurgo, Jeremy Strong, David Walliams, Maggie Stiefvater, Roald Dahl, Jaqueline Wilson, Rachel Renee Russel
TV Shows/movies; The A-Word, Scorpion, Modern Family, X-Factor, The Voice, BGT, AGT, Great British Bake-off, Junior Great British Bake-off, Great Pottery throw-down, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, Boss Baby, Alexa and Katie, Atypical
Instruments; I self-taught Piano, I played the Trumpet in an American-style marching band two years ago, and i have regular singing lessons.
Sports; I like doing Karate, Boxing, and Basketball, and I like watching ice hockey.
Family; I live with my Mum, Dad and my 3 dogs
Clothing; i like baggy, loose clothes, but when i go out, or have a mufti-day at school i wear jeans and a tank top to fit in with my friends
I found this website; The person that runs my Autism youth club recommended it
Job; Paper-round on weekdays (Mon-Fri)
Plans for the future; Take Chemistry, Biology, English Language at A-level in 6th form, then go to college, take the Animal Care level 3 diploma, then go to university to take the Veterinary Nursing course, which takes 6 years, graduate from university, spend a few years as a Vet. Nurse, then return to university to take the Veterinary Surgeon course, which takes 7 years, graduate again, then get a job as a veterinary surgeon, before eventually opening up my own veterinary practice clinic.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2021, 8:11 am

^^^greetings Armani and welcome to our club :flower:

Darknewager
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2021, 9:33 pm

Happy birthday Armani!! !
:heart: :heart: :heart:

pagophagia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2021, 12:48 am

What is your first name? Leslie

Hobbies and Interests: Community, philosophy, sociology, criminology, social justice, human behavior, auctions, resale shopping, weaponry, veterans, military, history, traveling, Europe, Ancient Egyptian History, autism, neurology, dyspraxia, property ownership, parenting, parenting autistic children

Why are you here? To find the others

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): About a year ago

Favorite subjects: See above

Year/Grade: Bachelors in Sociology

Favorite music: Alternative rock mostly, but I am obsessed with Billie Eilish right now

Books: The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace

TV shows/Movies: The First 48, Live Rescue, Storage Wars, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones

Instrument: Haha none

Do you like sports? Houston Rockets, Houston Texans, Dallas Cowboys

Family: Im close to my mom and step-dad, brother and SIL and of course the light of my life my 5 year old daughter Evangeline. My father died not long ago.

Clothing: Depends on my mood. Sometimes it's sweatpants and converse, sometimes it's Louis Vuitton and diamonds.

How did you find this website? Through the RDOS website

Job: Im a disabled veteran

Plans for the future? I would like to start working again, but I don't know if that is possible. I just want to take care of my daughter who is autistic, enjoy my new house and live out my years with some sense of happiness and understanding.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2021, 4:42 pm

^^^welcome to our club, Leslie :flower:

darylzero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2021, 11:21 am

What is your first name? Zero (in online circles)

Hobbies and Interests: fiction (watching, writing, or just thinking up stories in my head, especially of characters I already know and love from my favorite series), animals (cats, dogs, snakes, monkeys esp. capuchin monkeys), languages (currently studying Welsh and British Sign Language), Wales / Welsh culture, art (sketching, esp. people but i'm not very good at it yet), philosophy and existential stuff like if there's other dimensional beings or aliens or angels or something and if we can communicate with them and stuff.

Why are you here? I suspect I could be autistic but I'm not 100% sure so I wanna immerse in the forums and ask questions and see if I can figure out if I am or not

Favorite subjects: like in school?? i'm not in school anymore but i used to love math even though certain parts of it were hard and i hate feeling stupid lol

Year/Grade: n/a, graduated HS in 2013 and haven't been to college/uni but i do take online courses for free sometimes and my dad got me a masterclass subscription for my birthday this year so that's something!!

Favorite music: very eclectic and goes through phases but some artists i consistently like are Stars, Twenty One Pilots, Aurora, Toto, Billy Joel, Howard Jones, Bobby Darin, 50s/60s/70s/80s pop and rock, 90s alternative if I'm in the mood, and lots of Disney music, esp from older generations like 60s/70s Disney soundtracks.

Books: i don't read books often because i have a hard time getting into new things but i read a lot of fanfiction, specifically for Good Omens (i also am slowly working my way through the Good Omens book bc I love the show a lot and I wanted more of the characters)

TV shows/Movies: Good Omens!! Aziraphale is the world to me, and I love Crowley too. That's my big main focus thing (I'm not sure if I can call it a special interest since I'm not sure i'm autistic but it feels like a special interest), Doctor Who (specifically the 10th Doctor), Star Trek (I've seen TOS, TNG, DS9 and Picard, but haven't finished Voyager and at this point idk if I ever will). DuckTales the newer reboot which I only got into because of David Tennant but ended up loving. Green Eggs and Ham the Netflix show.
Honestly I get way more attached to characters than the show itself and feel close to them even after I stop watching their show so I'll just list characters now: Murdock (The A-Team), Data (Star Trek), Castiel (Supernatural, though I absolutely despise that show now, which makes my feelings toward Castiel a little complicated), Loki (Marvel films), Lightning McQueen (Cars), Winnie the Pooh, Donald Duck, Bones (Star Trek) and more I know there's more and I feel bad for forgetting but my main for the past two years or so has been Aziraphale from Good Omens so that's all I can really focus on most of the time as far as characters go.

Instrument: i can sort of play guitar but i don't own one. i like to sing.

Do you like sports? no. but baseball is kind of fun because it's easy to follow most of the time and i have fond memories of going to a couple games with my dad.

Family: I'm the oldest of 4 kids, my parents are divorced and I have a stepdad and stepsiblings but we're not close. I don't think anyone in my family is autistic but since I've started wondering about myself I've also started wondering about my dad bc we have a lot of similar traits.

Clothing: uhh? i wear it? jeans and a shirt/jacket or sweatshirt or something usually. my style fluctuates and i often end up trying to dress like fictional characters i like.

How did you find this website? i was googling different autism-related questions and it came up.

Job: part time retail employee. pretty chill store environment with kind coworkers which is honestly so lucky because i had a breakdown after like a week of my first job which was in fast food.

Plans for the future? I'm afraid to make any because of the state of the world rn and because I almost always change my mind on what I want to do with my life. but I am very interested in Wales and in signed language so moving to Wales and being some sort of BSL interpreter is a possibility I've been considering.

Any comments? my communication style is not consistent online (or off, probably, idk) so apologies if i am not consistent from one post to another. also since I'm still figuring out if I'm autistic or if I just have anxiety or something else plz feel free to PM me if you see anything in my posts or profile that makes you think I might be one way or another because I appreciate the input

also I haven't been on a forum since high school and I was just thinking the other day how much I missed the Mr green smiley. :mrgreen: bless.

they/them or he/him pronouns

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2021, 4:14 pm

^^^ welcome :mrgreen:

rgm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2021, 1:06 am

What is your first name? Richard

Hobbies and Interests: Woodworking, animal husbandry, gardening, math, operating system theory, programming languages.

Why are you here? I think I am autistic and am hoping to get to know the community.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Have yet to have formal assessment

Favorite subjects: When I was in school science and art.

Year/Grade: Dabbled with college a few times.

Favorite music: I really struggle with picking favorites of things. My musical tastes are all over the place, recently been listening to a lot of folk.

Books: I love books about math most recently really enjoyed The Riemann Hypothesis by Karl Sabbagh and just got started on Perfect Rigor by Masha Gessen. Also really like classic sci-fi and fantasy.

TV shows/Movies: Favorite show would have to be Star Trek: TNG I've watched it through countless times.

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Not particularly.

Family: Wife and two children.

Clothing: Mostly work work pants and t-shirts.

How did you find this website? A google search about adult identified autism.

Job: Software Engineer

Plans for the future?
Hard to say, so many things put on hold or up in the air due to the pandemic.

Any comments?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2021, 1:07 am

^^^welcome RGM :flower: