Page 47 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 358  Next

Spudzombie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Oct 2006, 11:32 am

First name: Trevor

Hobbies and interests: Drawing, writing, playing music

Why I'm here: Mom told me about this place, so I decided to check it out.

When I was diagnosed: I wish I could remember...

Favorite subjects: Art, music

Year/grade: Freshman at college

Favorite music: various kinds, but mostly anything goes. One exception: I HATE tweenpop!

Books: Dragonlance, Sherlock Holmes, Dracula

TV shows/movies: Doctor Who, George Romero films (albeit I haven't seen them all yet), Tron

Instruments: Guitar, keyboards, drums, harmonica

Do I like sports: Yes, but I hate how they commercialize them all and turn them into pride matches (school sports included)

Family: One mother, one stepmother, one father, one stepfather, one sister, several aunts, uncles, cousins, et cetera

Clothing: Almost no brand names, I assure you

How did I find the website: My mother recommended it to me

Job: I work at a library, reshelving, reorganizing, and finding items. You might say I'm a page in the library book (pun intended)

Plans for the future: I hope to eventually become a librarian

Comments: I feel like I truly belong here

Final_Form_kingdomblade
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2006, 1:27 pm

What is your first name? Paul Chris

Hobbies and Interests: into computer games and being with my friends

Why are you here? i what to talk to people who also have AS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): i was 10 years old when i was diagnosed with AS

Favorite subjects: ICT

Year/Grade: 12

Favorite music: unknow

Books: uknow

TV shows/Movies: Final Fantasy 7 advent chrildren

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? yes basktball

Family: don't want to talk about it

Clothing: anthing relly

How did you find this website? wiki

Job: looking for one

Plans for the future? going to work for dinesy

Any comments? no not relly

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2006, 10:14 pm

What is your first name? - Aaron

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Writing, Introspection of any form

Why are you here? Aliens placed us here so they could film our behavior and pass it as reality TV... No, really... I've probably not had many true friends my age since I was in seventh grade, going to a school with others on the Autistic spectrum. Although the scars of transition in eighth grade are now gone, being in a different state, I still find difficulty understanding the social system. I'm hoping I can meet others with AS and better understand myself.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I must have been 8 or 9. I remember... bad elementary-school memories.

Favorite subjects: Chemistry, Math (of any form), English.

Year/Grade: Eleventh

Favorite music: Pavement, Wire, Spoon, the Flaming Lips, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Yo La Tengo, Deerhoof, Arcade Fire, Wolf Parade, Tapes 'n' Tapes, Jim O' Rourke, Wilco, Built to Spill, so on...

Books: Far too many. I try to stick to the classics, though, in an attempt to be "well-rounded". Currently I am reading Night by Elie Wiesel.

TV shows/Movies: Anything by Wes Anderson

Instrument: I play the drums. Supposedly this is supposed to be a GREAT social ice-breaker... but what do I know?

Do you like sports? no

Family: What about them?

Clothing: I wish that what you wear was not so important to society. I refuse to follow fashion trends. I have been told that I would be very attractive if I dressed preppily, but still, I hold my ground.

How did you find this website? My mom sent the link to me... and viola! I'm here.

Comments: Hope this place turns out to be an accepting foil to real life... I will accept you if you accept me.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 4:49 pm

What is your first name? Charles.

Hobbies and Interests: Video Games, drinking as much tea as I can.

Why are you here? Because this is the best AS forum I've found.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I think I was diagnosed with AS in 2000.

Favorite subjects: Science, English.

Year/Grade: 8

Favorite music: Nobuo Uematsu, Johnny Cash, Metallica.

Books: Dark Tower.

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV.

Instrument: no.

Do you like sports? I like hockey and baseball.

Family: I live with my grandmother and my uncle.

Clothing: I will wear black, red, gray, or white. nothing else.

How did you find this website? Wikipedia.

Job: no

Plans for the future? Don't know.

Any comments? SEPHIROTH!! !

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 4:54 pm

noticing so many among us play music, makes me imagining some kind of song if we would be able to join the notes... ;-)

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 6:29 am

hypermind wrote:
DieselBoy wrote:
hypermind wrote:
i hate america, amercans, and american ideas values morals and such...
So did I but then I actually met some of them and I haven't met one yet that I don't like. :wink:

well iv talked to some online, and i hate how they are on the same line on americans corrupt politics, media and schoolsystem. and tehn in another thread they are all like "america is the greatest nation in the world" and also "america will beat the entire world in a war by themselves", and all of a sudden their government and media is no longer corrupt, and all the information they get is true and blablabla.
and theyll agressively disagree when the subject is about how the entire world finds them arrogant. i just hate them.

I agree with most of what you say, hypermind, although bear in mind that some Americans are a lot worse than others. The ones in the North-East (Democrat) areas, I've read are much more like Europeans and have a more modest, sane worldview. The southern (Republican) areas are where you find all the hypocracy. They worship George Bush as though he is a prophet from God, they try to take vital public services away from poor and vulnerable people, they think that world domination is the only way forward to ensure America's survival, and they have utter contempt for any other culture bar their own - they even hate their fellow Americans in the liberal North.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2006, 12:20 am

RobertN wrote:
I agree with most of what you say, hypermind, although bear in mind that some Americans are a lot worse than others. The ones in the North-East (Democrat) areas, I've read are much more like Europeans and have a more modest, sane worldview. The southern (Republican) areas are where you find all the hypocracy. They worship George Bush as though he is a prophet from God, they try to take vital public services away from poor and vulnerable people, they think that world domination is the only way forward to ensure America's survival, and they have utter contempt for any other culture bar their own - they even hate their fellow Americans in the liberal North.

Hey there, Bobby

I disagree, and would just like to see you use a few qualifiers, rather than make generalised statements as if they are self evident facts:
The southern (Republican) areas are where I believe you find all the hypocracy. I believe They worship George Bush as though he is a prophet from God, I believe they try to take vital public services away from poor and vulnerable people, I think they think that world domination is the only way forward to ensure America's survival, and I believe they have utter contempt for any other culture bar their own.

I haven't met many Americans IRL (mostly they were in the armed forces) but I have liked just about all I have met, especially the ones from Texas. But then again, Australia is bigger than Texas. :lol:

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2006, 4:23 am

Thanks, Baz.

- Emerson

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 1:18 am

Name: Ash

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, watching movies, listening to music.

Why are you here? bee-coz.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Um... That one's a little tricky.

Favorite subjects: Classical mythology, Languages.

Year/Grade: Not at school

Favorite music: 70s soft rock, musical theatre, J-Pop.

Books: Used to be "Never Ending Story" but now anything by Terry Pratchett or Diana Wynne Jones. Or any good fantasy stuff.

TV shows/Movies: Pirates of the Caribbean, LOTR, Monty Python, and anything from Studio Ghibli

Instrument: Piano.

Do you like sports? :evil:

Family: yes

Clothing: yes 8)

How did you find this website? Link from AFF website

Job: Writer.

Plans for the future? To get published.

Any comments? Hello. :P

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2006, 2:40 am

hi ping-machine, or ash, welcome to wrong planet (no i'm not a regular here and only for a few months, i'm just enthousiastic because i really like it here and hope for you the same!)

sue72
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2006, 9:17 pm

What is your first name? Sue

Hobbies and Interests: Internet, books, small animals (gerbils, rats)

Why are you here? To talk to other people with Asperger's

When were you diagnosed?: Diagnosed with OCD and trichotillomania in 1997, with bipolar and Asperger's in 2002

Favorite subjects: Math, biology

Year/Grade: Not in school; have a BS degree in Math

Favorite music: Depends on my mood. Punk and industrial, mostly.

Books: I mostly read non-fiction on topics of the mind: mood disorders, philosophy...

TV shows/Movies: For TV, I watch nature shows, cooking shows, and NFL football. I don't watch a lot of movies and have a varied taste. I have trouble watching shows and movies, and seeing the people as characters instead of actors.

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I watch NFL football.

Family: I am currently going through a divorce, and I don't have any children. I see my parents often (they divorced when I was 15), and I have a sister who is married, and has one son and another child on the way.

Clothing: Changing. For a long time, I didn't care what I wore, I think due to the medication I was on for bipolar, which was not the right medication. Now that I am medicated properly, I am less of a zombie, and I want to get some new things.

How did you find this website? I searched for an Asperger's forum using Google.

Job: I work as a programmer/analyst at a health care information company. I code in SQL and PL/SQL.

Plans for the future? To continue to find myself.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2006, 12:52 am

Name: Bradenjadenradencadentaydenxayden

Hobbies: Spreading joy wherever I go, seeking out the limelight.

Why are you here? Do you have anything worth living for? What do you want? Who are you?

When were you diagnosed?: When I was born, the doctor took one look at me and said, "This kid's got AS. I'm not a psychiatrist and I know AS isn't an official disorder yet, but, trust me, this kid's got it."

Favorite subjects: The ones taught by cute teachers.

Grade: A++++

Favorite music: Werbertian Opera

Books?: Yes, they are.

TV show: 24

Instrument: The Rack.

Do you like sports?: Yes.

Family: A drug cartel murdered them all when I was 5. I have been on the run ever since.

Clothing: N/A

How did you find this website?: A sherpa guide brought me here after a long and arduous journey.

Job: Cosmic puppeteer

Plans for the future: Grow old, die, have fun.

Comments?: Are we done with the inerrogation yet?

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2006, 6:27 am

Name: I don't want to say

Hobbies: Writing and Computer related mainly

Why are you here?: I'd like to occasionally talk or express opinion about things. I figure the people here will understand what I say sometimes, considering the environment here. I want to publicly post in threads that interest me more than anything.

When were you diagnosed?: When I was 3 years old, professionally by a child psychiatrist

Favorite subjects: Mainly Creative Writing, Information Technology, etc

Grade: I consider myself as a B+

Favorite Music: Various, mostly video game music, brings back memories...

Favorite Books: To build a time machine, The coming global superstorm

Favorite TV show: Seinfied and Doctor Who are tied in my opinion.

Favorite Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports?: No

Family: Mom, Dad, Sister and Me in same household

Clothing: I wear whatever, as long it complies with my own mental dress code I have.

How did you find this website?: Link via Wikipedia article, figure I'd investigate it out of pure curiosity.

Job: None

Plans for the future: I plan to establish a work-free life and live with my girlfriend in my own house, writing novels, books and the occasional theory or concept. I'd love to solve the unsolvable although common sense is my exceptional skill, not logic lol.

Comments?: Hello, I thought I'd do this instead of making my own intro thread, I was too nervous to get attention :oops:

Reddleman
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Oct 2006, 8:53 am

What is your first name? Erik

Hobbies and Interests: Monkeys, travel, mythology (Greek, Nordic and Indian,) cartoons, strategy video games, goth culture, conspiracy theories, forbidden archeology, alternative history, Japanese slang, Middle Eastern politics, neo-classical art, drugs, religions, runes, herbcraft, leechcraft, beer, and forming a cosmology that unites these disparate interests. Oh yes, and I write sometimes. Articles, plays, novellas, screenplays, hate mail, mash notes, dirty limericks on the pub wall, that sort of thing.

Why are you here? You mean, in a larger sense? Damned if I know.

When were you diagnosed? This year.

Favorite subjects: Philosophy

Year/Grade: College Freshman. Yes. At 33. It's becuase I hate the menial labor of going to class and reading the texts.

Favorite music: Dead Can Dance, Shivaree, Gretchen, Natalie Merchant, Bjork, The Cardigans, Sigur Ros, Cranberries, Shawn Colvin. Basically, my music collection is like that of a 22-year old who's stuck in the late 90's. A 22-year old girl. What can I say? I find the female voice comforting. Bono (of U2) says that we are enamored with the female voice because the first sound we hear when we are born is the screaming and crying of a woman.

Books: Far From The Madding Crowd, Of Human Bondage, Atlas Shrugged, In Search of Lost Time, Shantaram, Shiva 3000, Replay, I am Legend, Paperback Original, Syrup, Beemer, Book of Disquiet, Don Quioxte.

TV shows/Movies: TV: Invader Zim, X-Files. Movies: Lord of the Rings, Braveheart, Beowulf and Grendel, Brick, The Proposition (2005), Ginger Snaps, Amelie.

Instrument: I am an instrument. Of destruction.

Do you like sports? Are mind games a sport? And if not, why not?

Family: Unfortunately, yes.

Clothing: Sometimes.

How did you find this website? Wikipedia article on AS.

Job: Student and rent-a-pig.

Plans for the future? Time travel. I want to go back in time and kill my grandpa.

Any comments? *Belch*

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2006, 2:12 pm

What is your first name? That's classified information

Hobbies and Interests: reading, surfing the net, puzzles, science, computing, sitting indoors and dreaming of the big outdoors

Why are you here? to communicate with others with A.S.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): aged 25

Favorite subjects: while I was at school - maths, chemistry. now - I'd add history and computing to that list.

Year/Grade: n/a

Favorite music: electronic, ambient, minimalist

Books: Mostly read non-fiction (the Selfish Gene [Richard Dawkins], the Big Bang [Simon Singh] etc). Really liked Catcher in the Rye and Alice in Wonderland though. Loved Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy when I read it several years ago.

TV shows/Movies: I like QI on BBC2. Favourite shows of the past would probably be Father Ted and, further back, Quantum Leap (which I'd probably find a bit sentimental if I saw it now). Films? Maybe ... The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Blade Runner

Instrument: Don't play any

Do you like sports? Yeah, some. I can't dance though.

Family: Mum, dad, sister

Clothing: Loose-fitting. Style-wise: could do with some work.

How did you find this website? Google search

Job: Public sector admin

Plans for the future? Retire at 30?

Any comments? Not right now

jodiemh
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2006, 1:35 pm

What is your first name? Jodie

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Writing, Music, and Art, especially anime.

Why are you here? To learn a bit more about Asperger's so hopefully I can cope better with me brother.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I wasn't, my brother was.

Favorite subjects: Biology, History, Psychology, Geography.

Year/Grade: 1st year college.

Favorite music: Rock, and Indie.

Books: Harry Potter obviously! Only A Mother Could Love Him - Ben Polis...The Vampire Chronicles - Anne Rice, and Books by Dan Brown too.

TV shows/Movies: I like Scrubs, and Two Pints O f Larger And A Packet Of Crisps, films, I like old classics such as Shawshank redemption but at the same time, I love comedies like Just Friends, ooooh, and anything with Adam Sandler in it!

Instrument: GUITAR!!

Do you like sports? Yes, I love Football!! ((Um, soccer))

Family: Mum, sister, and brother.

Clothing: Jeaaaans! And combats! Lol. Um, yeah..

How did you find this website? My family had joined, so I kinda though I'd have a look.

Job: Um, I have a [art-time job in a factory its just to see me over whilst I'm at college!

Plans for the future? Become a police officer.

Any comments? Nopeeee, none! XD