Page 45 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 358  Next

Pug
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2006, 3:52 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Playing the Piano, Music as a whole, Fantasy

Why are you here? A.S.P.I.E

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Don't really remember, abou 15/16

Favorite subjects: Music, Fantasy

Year/Grade: First year University

Favorite music: Rock/Metal

Books: Fantasy

TV shows/Movies: BLACKADDER, The 4400

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Yes

Family: Mother, Father, 2 brothers

Clothing: Wide clothes (can't stand those exactly-fit clothes) but not too wide.

How did you find this website? GOOGLE :lol:

Job: None

Plans for the future? No

Any comments? Yes

Edie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Sep 2006, 3:25 am

What is your first name? Edie.

Hobbies and Interests: Going to gigs, playing guitar (badly), reading, travelling, fashion

Why are you here? The bf has AS.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects: English, Foreign languages

Year/Grade: I have a B.A. & am considering grad school.

Favorite music: Indie rock. Sonic Youth, Dino Jr, etc.

Books: Pride&Prejudice, books about music

TV shows/Movies: Amelie, Benny&Joon, Groundhog Day,

Instrument: electric guitar

Do you like sports? I'm terrible at them. I run & used to figure skate.

Family: Only child. My parents live in the same city as me.

Clothing: Quirky vintage clothes mixed with Marc Jacobs & Dior.

How did you find this website? I was searching for things about AS on google.com

Job: Just quit my job and am looking for a new one.

Plans for the future? I'll probably go back to school to get an MA and become a social worker, specifically working with the homeless. I'm not positive about that yet, though.

Any comments

Edie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Sep 2006, 3:25 am

What is your first name? Edie.

Hobbies and Interests: Going to gigs, playing guitar (badly), reading, travelling, fashion

Why are you here? The bf has AS.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects: English, Foreign languages

Year/Grade: I have a B.A. & am considering grad school.

Favorite music: Indie rock. Sonic Youth, Dino Jr, etc.

Books: Pride&Prejudice, books about music

TV shows/Movies: Amelie, Benny&Joon, Groundhog Day,

Instrument: electric guitar

Do you like sports? I'm terrible at them. I run & used to figure skate.

Family: Only child. My parents live in the same city as me.

Clothing: Quirky vintage clothes mixed with Marc Jacobs & Dior.

How did you find this website? I was searching for things about AS on google.com

Job: Just quit my job and am looking for a new one.

Plans for the future? I'll probably go back to school to get an MA and become a social worker, specifically working with the homeless. I'm not positive about that yet, though.

Any comments

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 8:19 am

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Literature, Writing, Acting, Singing, Psychology, RPGs, Languages

Why are you here? I think I like this place for all the people here.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm not yet diagnosed, I may be soon but this isn't certain yet. AS or HFA strongly suspected.

Favorite subjects: History, Biology

Year/Grade: 12th, Grammar school

Favorite music: Rock, Orchesta

Books: Harry Potter, Felidae, MacBeth

TV shows/Movies: The Perfume, Constantine

Do you like sports? I do, but only running/sprinting and badminton.

Family: My mother, grandmother and auntie

Clothing: I developed a small sense of fashion recently, even makeup, ha! I'm so cool.

How did you find this website? I think I read the link somewhere, I can't tell where though.

Job: Student

Plans for the future? I want to study Musical or, if this won't work out, I may be interested in EMT.

Any comments? "Fortune favours the brave" they say. I try to be brave enough to step out into the world and be myself.

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 11:54 am

What is your first name? Aliens

Hobbies and Interests: PSP and Military and Judo

Why are you here? Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2001 ADHD 2002 AS

Favorite subjects: Math and Sociology

Year/Grade: University 1st year

Favorite music: Rock/Metal

Books: Harry Potter

TV shows/Movies: Black Hawk Down, League of Gentlemen Appocolypse

Instrument: Drums

Do you like sports? Depends

Family: Brother

Clothing: Army style (cotton only) and a bit of my own style

How did you find this website? Wikipedia

Job: Yeah right

Plans for the future? Army signaller/Firefighter

Any comments?

Charley
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2006, 9:29 am

What is your first name? Charley.

Hobbies and Interests: Literatue and languages.

Why are you here? To talk to people who might understand me.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Recently.

Favorite subjects: Languages.

Year/Grade: None.

Favorite music: Industrial, classical, rock, jazz, sould, blues etc etc.

Books: Huxley, Orwell, Kafka, Hornby, Aasimov etc.

TV shows/Movies: Charlie Kaufman, Kubrick.

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? I watch football.

Family: No.

Clothing: Skirts and dresses.

How did you find this website? Google.

Job: No.

Plans for the future? None.

Any comments? No.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2006, 4:52 pm

What is your first name? Jon

Hobbies and Interests: music is life. video games are work.

Why are you here? diagnosed with asperger's when i was younger...felt like reaching out and finding people going through the same things.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): i forget exactly...i think 16 or 17.

Favorite subjects: politics, philosophy, music, video games, movies.

Year/Grade: graduated high school in '03

Favorite music: a lot of it.

Books: king dork, farenheit 451, catch 22, american psycho, fight club, confederacy of dunces, and some others.

TV shows/Movies: simpsons, family guy, american dad, south park mythbusters, boondocks, and some other tv shows. movies....the baxter, all of kevin smith's movies, wet hot american summer, brain candy, high fidelity, that thing you do, moscow on the hudson, shaun of the dead, the aristocrats, chicago, south park: bigger longer and uncut, baseketball, and a bunch of others.

Instrument: guitar and bass.

Do you like sports? sometimes. i'm watching football right now. i watched the world cup when it was on.

Family: i have them.

Clothing: same clothes i've had for the past 5 or 6 years.

How did you find this website? google

Job: game tester

Plans for the future? go with the flow.

Any comments? where's the beef?

Babe
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Sep 2006, 8:10 pm

deleted

Last edited by Babe on 30 Sep 2006, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philostrate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2006, 1:50 am

What is your first name? Duarte

Hobbies and Interests: Philosophy, music, mithology

Why are you here? I have AS/Depression

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 4 days ago

Favorite subjects: Philosophy, History, Literature

Favorite music: Alexi Murdoc, Death Cab for Cutie, Elliott Smith, Fiona Apple, Jeff Buckley, Jose Gonzalez, Josh Rouse, Massive Attatck, Nick Drake, Radiohead

Books: "A Mensagem" (Fernando Pessoa), "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (W. Shakespeare), "Beyond Good & Evil" (Nietzsche), "Ecce Homo" (Nietzsche), "Hamlet" (W. Shakespeare), "Maya" (Jostein Gaarder), "O Livro do Desasosego" (Fernando Pessoa), "The Anti-Christ" (Nietzsche), "The Myth of Sysiphus" (Albert Camus), "The Outsider" (Albert Camus), "Pictures of Dorian Gray" (Oscar Wilde), "Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" (Robert M. Pirsig)

TV shows/Movies: "Adaptation", "Casablanca", "Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind", "Fight Club", "V for Vendeta"

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Just chess, if you consider it to be one

Family: Both parents, 3 sisters, 5 brothers, but I'm the only one from my parents marriage. One of my brothers as Substance abuse induced Shcizophrenia.

How did you find this website? Wikipedia

Plans for the future? Author

Any comments? Thank you for the site, it is being very helpful.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2006, 2:55 am

I don't believe anyone will read 22 pages of this, but wahoo.

What is your first name? Won't tell.

Hobbies and Interests: Movies (old), art (my own), writing, reading (mysteries, sci-fi), sewing, music (playing, singing and listening), some other stuff I forgot

Why are you here? Now and then I go looking for the others, probably won't stay long.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self-diagnosed with help, partially that of my sister whose son has been diagnosed and who says he's just like I was at his age.

Favorite subjects: Old movies, voice acting (recognizing different actors from various roles), other humans and their quirks, ghosts (until I scared myself too bad reading the scary stories), words and stuff

Year/Grade: ?

Favorite music: Carefully selected favorites from almost every genre. In Autumn I favor Baroque. Particular favorites: Bach, They Might Be Giants, Rush, celtic, Gary Stadler

Books: Harpo Speaks, currently starting on Terry Pratchett, also love Tolkein, J.K. Rowling, Dorothy Sayers, Lilian Jackson Braun

TV shows/Movies: House, Psyche, Monk, Good Eats, Avatar, Xiaolin Showdown, Animaniacs. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Spider-Man 2, The Emperor's New Groove, Holiday, Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (and other Capras) and many other movies.

Instrument: Pennywhistle

Do you like sports? nuh-uh

Family: Two parents (one dead), eight siblings, one husband, three kids, some in-laws who should be shot at sunrise.

Clothing: Soft, simple, too rectangular, covers everything it needs to, with colorful shoes. Would like to dress like Dr. Who, but other adults look at you funny... but where can I carry my pocketwatch?

How did you find this website? I think I saw it mentioned elsewhere, or fell over it in a search.

Job: Never actually had one outside of art and homemaking stuff.

Plans for the future? To carry on at this mommying gig while working at my art and writing and whistling sporadically in between, and becoming grander every year.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2006, 3:45 am

What is your first name? Diana

Hobbies and Interests: Samurais, robots, drawing, reading, being an aspie, Mega Man, . . .

Why are you here? Because I'm searching for aspies from my city or my state. And I enjoy aspies conversations 8)

When were you diagnosed? I was self-diagnosed a year ago, when I was surfing in the web I find an unknown topic: "Asperger Syndrome". I investigated about it, and I found the answer to my social problems

Favorite subjects: Japanese culture (specially samurais), swords (specially katanas), Asperger Syndrome, Time-Space theories,

Year/Grade: I'm studying 5° semester of Electronic Enginery

Favorite music: Celtic, Rock, Electronic, Downtempo, some anime & videogames soundtracks, etc. . . I like specific songs rather than a group or genre.

Books: The book of the Five Rings, Hagakure, The Art of War, . . .

TV shows/Movies: Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Fairy Odd Parents, The Matrix trilogy (and Animatrix), Science Fiction movies, and some anime series like Samurai Champloo, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Cyborg 009, Gundam series (and movies), and all kind of programs about samurais.

Instrument: Nothing

Do you like sports? I like to see martial arts championships on TV, but I would like to practice kendo, but my city doesn't have a place for that (there's only karate, tae kwon do, judo, and other things)

Family: Two parents, two sisters, one brother.

Clothing: Comfortable and simple. A lot of my clothes are black or blue.

How did you find this website? I saw a link, in an Autism site.

Job: I only study.

Plans for the future? I want to change the world :)

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2006, 12:50 am

What is your first name? Warren

Hobbies and Interests: World of Warcraft, Political and Economic Theory

Why are you here? I have AS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 3

Favorite subjects: Calculus, Physics

Year/Grade: 12th, Senior in High School

Favorite music: 80's, metal, industrial, alternative

Books: Communist Manifesto, and any nonfiction book pertaining to any of my interests :D

TV shows/Movies: When I had more cable I used to like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends a lot.

Instrument: I can crappily play the Keyboard

Do you like sports? no, unless Bowling counts as one

Family: Dad (who probably has AS or some form of Autism too), Mom, Half-Sister I hardly know

Clothing: I often wear a grey cabbie hat...and I have a couple of jackets that I like to wear...I also normally wear blue jeans, t-shirt, and either my white running shoes or my black boots

How did you find this website? Someone mentioned it on a Myspace Autism community I'm in

Job: Currently unemployed, but was recently a telesurveyer (crappiest job ever)

Plans for the future? Engineering would be nice

Any comments? wark wark?

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2006, 3:56 pm

What is your first name? Dean

Hobbies and Interests: PC Gaming, Music, Reading

Why are you here? I have Aspergers Syndrome

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): about 2002, when i was 12

Favorite subjects: Currently in college, fave lessons are Computing & Ancient History

Year/Grade: 1st year of College (UK)

Favorite music: Trance, Rave, Rock, Metal, Hardcore Rock, HardNRG, Breakbeat

Books: Star Wars, non-technical books about the universe etc (just ones that are intresting to read as opposed to jargon filled manuals =))

TV shows/Movies: Dont really watch movies, favourite TV programmes include Red Dwarf and Futurama

Instrument: Never really tried learning anything tbh xD

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: Love Football (soccer) and play left-wing in casual games. (not good enough for any remotely competetive matches)

Family: I have a weird living arrangement, i live with my Dad, but i go to my mum and step dads at weekend and i also have a 19 year old sister who lives in her own place o_0

Clothing: lots of black, but im not an emo :P dont really care about brand labels but i try to look inconspicuous.

How did you find this website? Wikipedia o.o

Job: jobless atm because of college, looking to go into computing, possibly programming/computer science theory type.

Plans for the future? read above =) apart from work wise my future is very much unknown and in my own destiny if u pardon the soppy expression :P

Any comments? I like to joke but can be serious if talking about something im very intrested about or have a strong opinion on, other than that very light-hearted (well atleast on the net anyway :P)

hypermind
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2006, 7:33 pm

What is your first name? david

Hobbies and Interests: psychology, philosophy, anything fantasy, intellectual discussion.

Why are you here? learn stuff about people with asd, how they really stand towards the world and stuff.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): add at 13, asperger at 14, then classical, back to asperger, and then pdd-nos but they never told anyone that latest change, only found out im not officially asperger a year ago. a$$holes

Favorite subjects: psycholphilosophy, anthrophilosophy

Year/Grade: havo diploma, if that tells you anything. currently doing nothing

Favorite music: progressive/technical/melodic death / gothic / gothic/death/doom metal

Books: dune

TV shows/Movies: any (underground) fantasy/horror/cult, or movies with philosophical or psycological depth such as american beauty

Instrument: i can play drums, but never actually have. biggest waste of talent possible

Do you like sports? no

Family: screw them, except my sister(s)

Clothing: anything black, (dark) green, (deep) blue, or kaki-buege(sp?). i like long black coats and wide black pants. i hate bandshirts, or other stupid prints or neat stripes and such. i like abstract colorings

How did you find this website? googling the word lygophile for using it as a username on a dutch metal site, which was allready a username on this site

Job: none

Plans for the future? psychology or psychobiology, combined with philosophy, at the university of amsterdam. or suicide if i screw that up too

Any comments? im hardly as, but not really nt, i dont know what i am. i have loose symptoms of about everything. i have extremely long hair atm, i have no daycycle awake mostly at night, i eat rarely, i rarely see anyone, im very misanthropic, though i call it rationality, i hate america, amercans, and american ideas values morals and such. i would start a revolution against corrupt politics, my being very gloomy vague and distand brings anyone down, everyone likes me but nobody likes me...

sistersunshine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2006, 9:25 am

What is your first name? Lydia

Hobbies and Interests: Many and varied. I think the place I've listed the most of them is on my blogspot profile (sistersunshine)

Why are you here? Because I'm an Aspie and appreciate the online "company" and viewpoints of other Aspies as well as anyone else who's creative.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Haven't gotten that yet. Self-dx about two months ago.

Favorite subjects: Music, horses, off-the-wall conversations that bounce wildly from one subject to the next

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Everything except death metal or screamo

Books: Again, my best list of these is on blogspot, but it's by no means comprehensive

TV shows/Movies: Again, my best list of these is on blogspot, but it's by no means comprehensive

Instrument: guitar, a little banjo and piano sometimes bongos or tambourine

Do you like sports? Only non-team sports such as horse racing, ice skating (figure skating) and ballroom dancing.

Family: Husband (longsuffering soul) for 20 years, been with him for 22... raising five of six kids I gave birth to

Clothing: Whatever fits and doesn't make me look like a clown (if I'm lucky!)

How did you find this website? Through other aspie/autie forums I visit

Job: Um, nothing officially, but I'm a mother, singer/songwriter and webmistress among other things. Never have found working for a "paycheck" to be very stimulating. Cash on the barrelhead!

Plans for the future? Not sure right now. Discovering that I'm autistic was revolutionary, and may considerably alter my plans... as I'm seriously interested in promoting our rights.

Any comments? Glad to be here, looking forward to getting to know some of you. I'd say all of you... but that's unlikely with over 6000 members!

DieselBoy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2006, 3:15 pm

What is your first name?Steve

Location:Just outside Glasgow the second city of the empire.

Hobbies and Interests:History amiture psychology philosophy and the future prospect of space travel.

Why are you here?Im sick of being a social outcast.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):Age 11 or 12 I think I have AS and dyslexia I'v got depression too and I think thats holding me back more than the AS though I'm just now comeing to terms with the whole thing.

Favorite subjects:In school just music and geography.

Year/Grade:Don't know don't care I learn to improve my one knowledge not couse I need proof I can do a job.

Favorite music:Wow ok..old skool hardcore gabba NY style hardcore (luv DJHellfish) terrorcore breakcore alot of breakbeat stuff abit of digitalhardcore a happy hardcore (the old stuff though before it got s**t (btw are you allowed to swear on here)) EBM like velvet acid christ and VNV nation industrial darkwave darktrance phychedelic trance acid trance goa trance ambient trance ambient techno infact most anything ambient (the Orb are amazing) balearic stuff minimal techno hard acid techno acid house synthpop nu synthpop like felix da house cat and ladytron darksynth jungle (not DnB) old skool breaks i.e. the knightforce label darkcore like tango&ratty darkstep old skool hiphop like tribe called quest and de la soul electro (mon the kraftwerk) alot of 60s stuff like the Doors pinkfloyd bob dylan velvet underground lou reed iggy pop david bowie the jam luv lead zeplin starting to discover martha weanright like rediohead coldplay the rolling stones luv the stone rosies inspral carpets happy mondays the cure the mission a bit of metal too iron madien manowar pantera and lots lots more I can't remember.

Books:1984 The curious incident of the dog in the night-time the darwin awards his dark materials (would like to read lord of the rings) michal moore's work and why do people hate america by? apart from that I mostly read history military and technical books.

TV shows/Movies:TVFamly guy the simpsons spaced band of brothers red dwarf the young ones monty pythons flying circus stargate (why was the movie so bad and the show so good?) :wink: startrek doctor who movies the thin red line 1984 platoon apocalypse now any monty python film starwars (hate phantom menice) children of men ghost in the shell ninga scroll M.D. giest (come on its not that bad) shogun assasin bla bla...

Instrument:Do decks count? learning the guitar.

Do you like sports?Not relly

Family:Liveing with mother dad lives someware in devon 4 half brothers 2 on my mums side 27 and 32 the oldest has severe learning disabities and epaletsy 2 to my dads side 15 and 17 and a 13 year old sister how live down in england.

Clothing:Mostly baggy I get acused of dressing like an american or a skater and people keep telling me I have no ass but f**k um its what I feel comfertable in.

How did you find this website?Searching the web for AS and autistic sites.

Job:Non at the moment.

Plans for the future?To work in the music industry or maby join the army for a few years.

Any comments?I try not to juge people just take them as thay come if your nice to me I'll be nice to you If your a p***k to me then f**k off.