Page 335 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338 ... 358  Next

Piledriven
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Oct 2020, 7:42 pm

What is your first name? Kurt

Hobbies and Interests: comedy, music, hockey, football, hiking, bicycling

Why are you here? I wanted to join in and learn more about this condition and possibly make some friends and maybe even help someone out there who reads a post from me but I will end this run-on sentence now.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not officially diagnosed, but from an ex-girlfriend who spotted traits in me and from what I've read in books and on-line.

Favorite subjects: it's becoming history, I find I am watching Ancient Aliens and I love Curse Of Oak Island.

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: rock, metal, blues

Books: What Should I Do With My Life? Written by Po Bronson. Highly recommended if you don't know what you want to do in life.

TV shows/Movies: Ancient Aliens, Curse Of Oak Island, NFL, NHL, and occasionally AEW Dynamite

Instrument: guitar

Do you like sports? yes, I enjoy the competitive aspect more than the rooting on a favorite team. I see sports as entertainment.

Family: My mom, me, my son, who is in the USAF

Clothing: I wear clothing

How did you find this website? it's been a while, I don't honestly remember

Job: unemployed for the moment

Plans for the future? move the he&& out of California

Any comments?

Henrik84
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Oct 2020, 4:02 pm

What is your first name? Henrik

Hobbies and Interests: writing, worldbuilding, reading, video games, movies

Why are you here? Not sure, perhaps connect with other people who share the same difficulties?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): One month ago, September 2020.

Favorite subjects: history, mythology, zoology, geography, astronomy, literature, classical music, and a lot more...

Year/Grade: Been out of school for 16 years.

Favorite music: Anything that i find catchy. I get musical frissons - or shivers - from certain types of music, so i tend towards those. But i really like classical music like Mozart, Vivaldi and Wagner, as well as electronic music, especially Vangelis. And soundtracks from movies and video games, i listen to the music from final fantasy 7, 8, and 9 often.

Books: Collected Fictions by Jorge Luis Borges, The Neverending Story by Michael Ende, Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke, Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, Good Omens by Gaiman and Sir Terry Pratchett.

TV shows: Monty Python’s Flying Circus, One Day at a Time (Netflix), Black Books, The IT Crowd, Star Trek (Next Generation and Voyager), Blackadder.

Movies: sooo many... Lord of the Rings, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, Mel Brooks movies, Fritz Lang’s Metropolis (1927) and M (1933), Nosferatu (1922), 2001: a space odyssey, The Martian. I can go on and on... :D

Instrument: The greatest curse; having perfect pitch, but my hand coordination is so bad i’ve never been able to play a single instrument... though i wish i could play the piano and the violin, and perhaps a flute.

Do you like sports? Not particularly. Just feels like a waste of time.

Family: Mom and Dad, elder sister, two nieces, one nephew, both maternal grandparents still alive (though their time is getting near :cry: ), an aunt and uncle, and a few cousins. Only one with a diagnosis, a cousin with ADHD.

Clothing: Soft and comfy, sweatpants, simple shirts, all black.

How did you find this website? Through my therapist’s recommendation.

Job: I work in a bookshop.

Plans for the future? I have difficulties visualizing the future, so no, no plans at such...

Any comments? Not that I can think of.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2020, 4:38 pm

What is your first name? Justin

Location: Jersey, Channel Islands, UK (the original Jersey, that New Jersey was named after).

Hobbies and Interests: Music Producing/engineering, writing / programming / playing music. Martial arts. Traditional and Contemporary. Previously studied American Kenpo Karate (Ed Parker's), Aikido, Judo, a bit of BJJ and Muay Thai.
I also went to art college and when have time like to continue my interest in using Adobe Creative suite to create art work perhaps animations.

Why are you here? To hang out, to learn about ASD, to help others.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 3 years ago, late diagnosis at 44. No support given until recently. Life of being subjected to daily discrimination, abuse, misunderstanding, absence of support. Only got a little better after diagnosis.

Favorite subjects: Music, Metaphysics, Travelling, Alcohol, Martial Arts, Religion/spirituality, economics,

Year/Grade: BA Hons Degree, BA Degree in Sound Technology from Liverpool's Institute of Performing Arts.

Favorite music: Genres/sub-genres: 60s psychedelic rock, 60s/70s reggae and reggae dub, Jamaican Ska, Trance, Hip Hop, Instrumental Hip hop, Indie Rock Dance music hybrid from the early 90s, modern psychedelic rock, country/folk rock (Neil Young, James Taylor), classic 60s mod rock, open to other genres.

Books: More into facts than fiction.

TV shows/Movies: TV Shows: Star Wars / Star Trek geek, scifi, Keanu Reeves. Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan.

Instrument: Guitar (beginner intermediate), Bass guitar (intermediate / advanced), vocal (mess around with),
Keyboards (dance music / rock keys),

Do you like sports? Martial arts. Judo, MMA, BJJ. Karate. Kickboxing. Muay Thai. Sanda. Kudo.

Family: No kids. Have a 16 year old niece, who am like a invisible friend to.

Clothing: Yes (I believe its illegal to walk around naked in most of the worlds modernised countries). Mostly wear jeans, black turtleneck long sleeve t-shirts, mod Parker (black), black shoes. Can wear men's suits (black of course).
Generally keep most my clothes uniform, makes it easy to choose what to wear. Durable, clean, fairly presentable.

How did you find this website? Search engines.

Job: Not working, while not working, learning more about producing music and advancing my skills in playing the guitar.

Plans for the future? Will likely die at some point. Like to release music. May be travel to Asia. Find peaceful places. train in martial arts.

Any comments? If you have similar interests and want to make friends, let me know. People can always do with more friends, people generally do not need any more enemies. Life can be hard, when you have ASD.

Thelving
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2020, 8:30 pm

First Name:

Hobbies & Interests: Writing, daydreaming about writing, drawing, video games (thinking about them and watching them more than actually playing them), world-building, conlanging, psychology, linguistics, and other transient interests

Why are you here?: Interesting philosophical question, one I ponder myself most days. Why are any of us here? Well, I'm just here to introduce myself. Yes I am being deliberately obtuse.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favourite Subjects: Psychology, Linguistics, Biology, English Literature

Year/Grade: Undergraduate, going into my second year at university in March

Favourite Music: This is tough. I'll give you a list of genres and my top three favourite composers/bands - along with one of my current favourite songs or pieces - for each genre. Maybe you'll even see something you recognise.

Soundtracks (Nima Fakhrara, Jeremy Soule, Jesper Kyd; Whirling-In-Rags, 8 PM), classical (Chopin, Vivaldi, Satie; Prelude No. 15, Op. 28), neo-classical (Max Richter, Ólafur Arnalds, Greg Haines; Infra 2), alt rock (Radiohead, Muse, Nine Inch Nails; Bloom), metal (System Of A Down, Rage Against the Machine; Sugar), pop rock (Twenty One Pilots, I Dont Know How But They Found Me, The Neighbourhood; Afraid), and an assortment of other free-floating compositions (e.g. Chameleon)

Books: The Lord of the Rings, Ender's Game, Great Expectations (don't read books nearly as much as I did as a kid)

Video Games: Detroit: Become Human, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, SOMA, Darkwood, Disco Elysium, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

TV Shows: House M.D., Broadchurch, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager

Movies: Interstellar, Inception, Arrival, and most Disney movies; otherwise, not much of a moviegoer

Instrument: All of them, why not

Do you like sports?: No

Family: 19-year-old artist for a sister, 16-year-old musician for a brother, 50-year-old traveller for a mother, 44-year-old Sufi for a father

Clothing: Black broad-brimmed fedora on my head, single-breasted overcoat over my shoulders, and a scarf around my neck

How did you find this website?: Google

Job: Used to be a librarian and literacy coach for a small school, now am a full-time student

Plans for the future?: Hope to write some novels that have been rattling around in my head for several years

Any comments?: Nice to meet you all. You seem super interesting, and I've seen lots of common interests around here.

RAADS-R: 161.0 | Aspie ND: 138/200 | Aspie NT: 58/200 | AQ: 34/50 | EQ: 17/80

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2020, 8:38 pm

:alien: :mrgreen:

Steffipanda
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2020, 9:23 pm

Quote: Meliodas “no matter what lies you tell yourself, you can't fool your own heart”
What is your first name?
Stephanie
Hobbies and Interests: Anime,Music, History
Why are you here?
I have ASD 1
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Age 33
Favorite subjects: Anime,Music, History
Year/Grade: Sophomore in college
Favorite music:
I listen most genres of music. I don't care for rap music.
Books: Manga, Fantasy, Science fiction
TV shows/Movies:
Gundam series, Future Gpx Cyber Formula, Shiki, Star Wars, Stargate, Startrek
Instrument: Tenor Saxophone, Piano
Do you like sports?
Rodeo, Soccer watching only
Family:
Mom, Dad, Younger sister, Younger brother
Clothing: Comfortable
How did you find this website?
Google
Job: College Student
Plans for the future?
To be Librarian
Any comments?
Hello

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2020, 9:52 pm

What is your first name?
Shelby

Hobbies and Interests:
Circular knitting, metallic water colour painting, autistic spectrum disorders, The Summer and Winter Olympics, Christmas, multiculturalism, The 1960s from 1964 to 1969, Germany, England

Why are you here?
I need people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
1980 at the age of 5 and a half

Favorite subjects:
British, especially The Kinks

Favorite music:
Christmas music, Oompa, Schlager, British Rock, Motown, Psychedelic music, German folk music, Folk rock, 70s music, 80s music and The Kinks

Books:
X-Ray by Ray Davies

TV shows/Movies:
The Monkees, Hogan's Heroes, Gimme a Break!, The Brady Bunch, The Andy Griffith Show

Instrument:
I'd like to learn the accordion

Do you like sports?
Summer and Winter Olympics, Football (soccer), Bundesliga, Men's and Women's World Cup

Family:
Mum, Dad, Younger sister and her husband and my niece, my mother and father in law and myself

Clothing:
Black, red and yellow in the winter, Pea green, white and blue in the summer. They must be loose but not baggy

How did you find this website?
As a link attached to a news story in the Summer of 2004

Job:
Crisis Pregnancy Centre

Plans for the future?
To get paid employment

Alien Aspie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Dec 2020, 5:14 am

What is your first name? Harry

Hobbies and Interests: Psychology, astronomy and space exploration, spirituality, gaming, reading, digital art

Why are you here? Been in isolation since March, thought it might be better than talking to myself :)

When were you diagnosed? 2004

Favourite subjects: Psychology, sci-fi

Favourite music: I like a wide variety of music

Books: sci fi/fantasy, philosophy, psychology

TV shows/Movies: Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who, The Expanse, Young Sheldon, John Wick and many many more

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? No

Family: Just me

Clothing: T-shirt and jeans, I own 1 suit and colours I prefer are black and blue.

How did you find this website? Recommended many years ago

Job: Retired

Plans for the future? Keep breathing :)

BearsandtheBees
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Dec 2020, 12:20 pm

What is your first name? Sabrina

Hobbies and Interests: Cultures ( especially Judaism and Aboriginal Australians), Science (Animals, weather, biology, space), Movies and TV (mainly animated and Disney or Dreamworks)

Why are you here? I want to make some friends and share my thoughts on many things

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): This year a couple of months ago

Favorite subjects: Social Studies, English, Science

Year/Grade: Not in school, would be a college sophmore though

Favorite music: Childish Gambino, Pheobe Bridgers, Mitski, Coldplay, Glass Animals

Books: Harry Potter, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Shiver, Percy Jackson, Every Day

TV shows/Movies: Teen Wolf, Miraculous Ladybug, Assorted Anime, Young Justice, My Little Pony FIM, Stranger Things (others too, I have a lot)

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? No, I don't have the stamina for any of it these days.

Family: Mom, Dad, Younger sister, Younger Brother

Clothing: Fuzzy socks

How did you find this website? Looking up "Asperger's Test Wrong Planet"

Job: Unemployed, volunteers at thrift store

Plans for the future? Maybe work in the Medical field

Any comments? Nope 8O

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2020, 3:53 pm

Welcome to WP, everyone! :)

MsJustice
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2021, 8:15 pm

What is your first name? Sierra

Hobbies and Interests: Fiction and poetry (both writing and reading), LOTR, the Dragon Age video games, psychology, criminology

Why are you here? Looking for like minded friends (other Aspie women)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Recently, ASD (thoroughly disagree with the DSM V lumping us in with a general Autism diagnosis but am willing to discuss)

Favorite subjects: English/History

Year/Grade: BA (many years ago, looking into postgraduate programs)

Favorite music: Pretty wide variety, I prefer folk, Ben Howard, Jose Gonzalez

Books: ALL fantasy and sci fi. LOTR, Kingkiller, Ender's Game series, Hyperion Cantos

TV shows/Movies: I really prefer to read but I like Sorkin dialogue

Instrument: Piano, uke (badly), voice

Do you like sports? Absolutely not

Family: Happily married, move along

Clothing: Outdoorsy, comfortable, dark colors

How did you find this website? Reading Attwood and others who recommended it

Job: law enforcement, looking to get out

Plans for the future? Get back into academia, study psychology, go into research

Any comments? Please hit me up if you are also an adult woman (no creeps, please). I would like to hear from others who got an adult diagnosis. This is all very new for me.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 10:28 am

i am an adult woman who got a diagnosis late in life (over 50 when diagnosed).

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 10:49 pm

What is your first name? Dylan.

Hobbies and Interests: Art, History, Geography, and Music.

Why are you here? I am autistic and looking for a forum where I can have as my so called "window to the west"

When were you diagnosed? Around 3 (Originally severe, now in the mild-moderate sweet spot).

Favorite subjects: Art, History, Geography, and Music.

Year/Grade: 12 (Senior).

Favorite music: Progressive rock (Esp. Jethro Tull and Genesis) and Country music (Esp. Charlie Daniels and Hank Williams Jr).

Books: Prisoners of Geography.

TV shows/Movies: South Park and Family Guy.

Instrument: Piano and Guitar.

Do you like sports? I don't like or dislike them but I simply don't care for them. Some sports sound pretty cool though.

Family: Both of my parents.

Clothing: Sweat pants and a t shirt please.

How did you find this website? Just searched for a autism forum.

Job: Student but I will be looking for one once COVID 19 ends.

Plans for the future? Live on my own.

Any comments? Hi.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 11:12 pm

^^^you are highly intelligent :study:

hypostasis
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jan 2021, 1:03 am

What is your first name? call me hypostasis
Hobbies and Interests: computers, philosophy, psychology, spirituality, hiking, walking, writing, history, worldbuilding, fantasy
Why are you here? I want to make friends with other aspies (men and women), draw on their experiences, learn and talk about interests and maybe start a project together. I only know neurotypicals. I want to meet more people I can relate to.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 18
Favorite subjects: computers, philosophy
Year/Grade: college grad
Favorite music: greenday, the beatles, rock
Books: the selfish gene
TV shows/Movies: the office, rick and morty, bojack horseman, terminator, south park
Instrument: none
Do you like sports? no
Family:
Clothing: I don't pay much attention to my appearance
How did you find this website? search engine
Job: unemployed
Plans for the future? become employed
Any comments? PM me!

Stempniak
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jan 2021, 6:17 am

I will pass this survey as soon as I have time!