Page 40 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 358  Next

DivineMagic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jun 2006, 3:28 pm

What is your first name? Eric

Hobbies and Interests: CCG's like YuGiOh, M:tG, Versus, Duel Masters, Reading

Why are you here?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): undiagnosed

Favorite subjects: English & History

Year/Grade: I finished school

Favorite music: Rock, Panic! At The Disco, Fallout Boy, Shakira, Dissturbed, Stonesour, Pink, Staind

Books: Sci-Fi like Anne McCaffrey, Ananzi Boys, Discworld, Ringu

TV shows/Movies: Asian Horror Movies, Red Dwarf, Black Adder, Anime like YuGiOh

Instrument: I tried to learn the Tin Wistle once

Do you like sports? Noooooooo

Family: Father, Brother, Sister

Clothing: T-Shirts, pants, jeans, shorts (in very hot weather), runners (always.)

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future? My dream is of owning my own Comic Book Shop. If that doesn't work out, I am a Lvl1 YuGiOh/Vs Judge, and TO, so I'll make money from that.

Any comments?

Last edited by DivineMagic on 10 Jun 2006, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sivad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2006, 7:46 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Music (metal Rock and very little hip hop), Peircings, Tattoos,Beautiful women with the aforementioned LOL, Sports, Basketball, Wrestling, Ghosts.

Why are you here? To be around and seek out others going through some of the feelings and difficulties that I am I guess. Maybe make some friendships, network. Who knows.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 13

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Metal (Tool/A Perfect Circle,Pantera, Disturbed, Slayer, Nine Inch Nails, It may be arguable as to whether Tool/APC or NIN are metal but oh well... Mushroomhead, Preist, Chimaira, Black Label Society, too many to list...
Books: There are too many, I don't have a favorite really.

TV shows/Movies: Wrestling, Ghost Hunters, My Name is Earl, South Park,Sportscenter, Chappelle's Show, Grey's Anatomy.

Instrument:

Do you like sports? Yes

Family: They get on my nerves and likewise... :-)-

Clothing: Just a t shirt, and Cargo's

How did you find this website? Google.

Job: sh***y

Plans for the future? To find purpose and happiness (not working thusfar...always hope)

Happibun
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

" width="0" height="0" alt="User avatar" />

12 Jun 2006, 6:14 am

What is your first name? Jo, thought I quite often respond to ‘Hey you!’ :-)

Location: Lincolnshire, UK. Really it is the middle of nowhere, good for growing cabbages and wising you were somewhere else.

Hobbies and Interests: The computer, all hail Broadband! Trying to understand people. ;-)

Why are you here? To see what this community is all about and whether I fit in somewhere.

When were you diagnosed?: Jan 2003.

Favorite subjects: Stumble Upon www.stumbleupon.com , Computers, Photography.

Year/Grade: I went to university and acquired a geology degree in the 80s.

Favorite music: A wide an eclectic taste focusing on Modern classical and Techno  Pretty well anything except for Country and Western, and R&B.

Books: Detective fiction, SF (particularly Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams), Biographies and autobiographies, Travel (eg. Bill Bryson). Pretty well anything except for Romance.

TV shows/Movies: Tend not to watch much TV, other than Dr Who. Furtively following Big Brother and ashamed to admit it…. Movies very much limited to what I can take the kids to or get out on DVD. Taste in movies, the quirkier the better.

Instrument: (Of torture) My voice ;-)

Do you like sports? No, though I do go to the gym, or swim whenever I can. I enjoy walking and cycling.

Family: I’m a single parent of three kids (eldest lives away from home). Mother lives 10 miles from here and is ill with cancer.

Clothing: Casual and comfortable wins every time though I do dress up for work and public speaking.

How did you find this website? Through the Wikipedia site.

Job: I’m a consultant for an employment project for people with Asperger syndrome. www.as-it.co.uk .

Plans for the future? See the kids grow well, work take off, and sort my life out.

Any comments? None yet, let’s see shall we?

green_pineapple
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2006, 2:12 pm

What is your first name? Maren

Hobbies and Interests: music, art, photography, good books & movies, food, traveling, psychology, philosophy, etc..

Why are you here? to get to know others and learn more about AS, I also think i may have it since most of the traits apply to me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): undiagnosed

Favorite subjects: used to be Art and English in school

Year/Grade: finished school

Favorite music: Alternative, Rock, J-rock, Oldies,..for example Muse, Beatles, Dir en Grey, Vines, Strokes, Hives, Supergrass, Malice Mizer, Oasis, Travis, etc...

Books: Lord Of The Rings (Tolkien), all Dan Brown novels, The curious incident of the dog in the night-time (Mark Haddon), Detektiv Conan-Mangas...

TV shows/Movies: The Chorus, LotR, Forrest Gump, I am Sam, Hayao Miyazaki's animes, Catch me if you can, BigFish, Madagascar...

Instrument: none :/

Do you like sports? not really xD

Family: my parents

Clothing: hmm..usually jeans and some shirt..

How did you find this website? googled

Job: going to start studying this year..

JulieArticuno
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2006, 8:24 am

What is your first name? Gail

Hobbies and Interests: Pokemon, Irish Dancing, drawing

Why are you here? I was gathering information for a friend about asperger's, and in the process realised that a LOT of the information related to me and that A LOT of confusing and upsetting stuff in my life that I couldn't understand woud be explainable if I have AS. So, I've gone to my doc asking to be tested, but in the meantime I feel I need some support.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Have written to my doc asking to be tested-am awaiting a reply

Favorite subjects: Biology (esp. Genetics)

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Bit of everything

Books: Anne McCaffrey Dragon series

TV shows/Movies: Jurassic Park, Day After Tomorrow, Pokemon the second movie

Instrument: Voice

Do you like sports? no

Family: Mother, father, older brother

Clothing: Jeans and T-shirt

How did you find this website? Google search on Asperger's and the title of this website jumpted out at me as EXACTLY how i felt at school (and still sometimes feel these days)

Job: N/A

Plans for the future? Try and find work

Hope this is OK.

Julie

PathoftheImmortals
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jun 2006, 12:47 am

What is your first name? Eric

Hobbies and Interests: Music (metal mostly but I like a lot of stuff), nature, hiking, going for long drives at night just relaxing and listening to something to fit the mood, Norse mythology, philosophy etc.

Why are you here? To get to know other individuals with either aspergers or autism who may have had similar experiences as me since I don't know many around here.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): About 4 years ago.

Favorite subjects: Philosophy, Writing
Year/Grade: Have completed two years of university

Favorite music: Black/death/thrash/heavy/doom metal (metal bands which usually people have no idea about it seems) as well as bits of alternative-rock, classic rock, noise, neo-folk, ambient etc.

Books: Currently Thomas Harpur's "The Pagan Christ"

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch tv much but when I do it's usually either Law And Order or The Simpsons. Favorite movies: The Shining, The Stand, 8MM, Bully, American History X, The Believer, Saving Private Ryan, Hitler: The Rise of Evil, Speer - The Devil's Architect, Butterfly Effect, The Lesser Evil, Evil Dead 1&2, Audrey Rose, Scarface, Godfather series, Goodfellas, A History of Violence, Der Untergang (Downfall), Kids, Another Day In Paradise, Mysterious Skin, Titanic :oops: :p etc.

Instrument: Music is my life but for the most part I prefer to let those more talented than myself create it. :p

Do you like sports? Some: Weightlifting, hiking, camping (if you can call that a sport), floor hockey. And because I didnt add it in hte tv section watching NHL hockey. :lol:

Family: A loving father and mother, one younger brother and a 17 year old cat all of whom mean a lot to me.

Clothing: Usually just a band shirt and a pair of jeans.

How did you find this website? Google.

Job: University student.

Plans for the future? To sit back and just relax this summer and continue on with my English major at university in the fall. :)

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2006, 3:56 pm

I don't want to give you any personal information, but I'll give you this.

Name: Emily Danielle Brown
Grade: going into Junior High School 6th grade

batsteg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jun 2006, 11:57 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Planetside

Why are you here? Want to meet a friend in las vegas

Relentl3ss
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jun 2006, 4:30 pm

What is your first name? Sean

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Computers

Why are you here? I wondered here after looking at aspergers on wikipedia

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Wife diagnosed me, not been formally diagnosed, but from what I'm seeing its pretty blatently obvious that i'm an aspie

Favorite subjects: Science - all of em.

Favorite music: Anything done for the music not for the money, from classical to Speedcore, with many stops inbetween including metal and lounge

Books: Most fantasy.

TV shows/Movies: Obscure Japanse films, cheesy action movies, comedy

Instrument: Nope

Do you like sports? watching, not playing football

Family:Yes

Clothing: Jeans

How did you find this website? Wikipedia
Job: N/A

Plans for the future? Wish I had one... plan that is, not future....

Morphia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Jun 2006, 9:10 am

Hobies/interests: Writing, world building, reading, movies, scifi and Fantasy, music ( a little bit of everything) and i have a thing about vampires!

Diagnosis: waiting to see psychiatrist.

Why are you here?: I had a conversation with my partner which basically ended with her saying that she thought i had AS, this was about a month ago...so me being me, i went online, checked out some websites, did a few of those tests and asked my doctor to start me on a diagnosis. Now I feel that this place might be good for me :lol:

Sports: i like swimming and cycling but i wouldn't class that as sport per se, i don't watch any sports. Just not interested :roll:

Instruments: have played classical and spanish guitar for about 16 yrs( self taught) just started on Violin about a month ago.

Family: Mother, father, 3 sisiters, 2 brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins...we're a large extended family. My brother has dyslexia and my uncles definantly OCD (though undiagnosed i think!)

Subjects/Grades: i got gcse's but no a-levels, am going to uni in september to do creative writing. Yay!!

Plans for the future?: to be a full time writer!

Silent_Storm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jun 2006, 11:33 pm

What is your first name? Tyler

Hobbies and Interests: Primary obsessions - cars, photography, movies, computers plus a rotating fixation or two that changes every few months give or take. currently it's the cold war

Why are you here? I don't understand me.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Recently

Favorite subjects: Changes year to year, month to month

Year/Grade: Dropped out of college, couldn't stand it.. i did not want to do homework, it was insulting to me. and i don't know why it was, it just was. so i did badly even though it was all such a cakewalk.

Favorite music: honest, creative music

Books: books about the cold war or books that were topical during the cold war, such as the guns of august

TV shows/Movies: SG1, BSG, Formula 1, Mythbusters, documentaries

Instrument: guitar

Do you like sports? Yes - motorsports, going to baseball games (boring to watch on tv though), playing golf once in a while, the world cup is fun to watch right now

Family: not good with women though i quite like them

Clothing: casual when i'm fat trendy when i'm not fat

How did you find this website? wikipedia link

Job: engineer and photographer

Plans for the future? try to learn how to cope with AS in order to lead more than a one or two dimensional, structured life. try to learn how to lead a life where things like ambiguity, social situations, reading between the lines, and interpersonal relationships don't automatically strike fear in my heart.

Any comments? no.

DannyWilliams
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jun 2006, 3:52 pm

What is your first name? Danny.

Hobbies and Interests: Gaming, anime, pro-wraaaaaaslin' *chairsmack*, writing, web design and reading articles.

Why are you here? To whimsically seek validation from a like-minded bunch of faceless, voiceless blobs of text, and possibly be a jerk for a few laughs. The main intention was lurking, though.

When were you diagnosed? : Before the fifth grade.

Favorite subjects: Literature and History

Year/Grade: college junior

Favorite music: KMFDM, Rage Against the Machine, Primus, System of a Down, Nightwish

Books: Tonto and the Lone Ranger Fistfight in Heaven (... or was it the other way around?), Inherit the Wind. FYI, I love reading, but find absolutely irritating the act of having to sit down and read a book.

TV shows/Movies: The Boondocks, Family Guy, Action, Venture Brothers, Mission Hill, Samurai Champloo

Instrument: .................. Nah, too wrong.

Do you like sports? Not really, but if you count it as a sport, I was quite the lethal hackeysack player in high school. ;)

Family: Mother and father, really mean and whiny older sister that started being nice to my family out of a need for survival after moving out of the house so my folks think I should stop wanting her dead. Yeah, good luck with that, I say.

Clothing: Mostly comedic and video game-related, with some dragons thrown in.

How did you find this website? A search for online aspergers communities, as I was thinking about starting one of my own. I haven't decided on anything yet, though.

Job: Part-time job stocking dairy product in a Wegmans grocery store. It's arguably one of the best grocery chains in the whole friggin' world (it is in itself a tourist attraction in my city) and my coworkers are very nice, funny and helpful, but I still don't think I was meant for this line of work...

Plans for the future? Software developer or writer.

Any comments? Purple monkey dishwasher.

spankster
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2006, 10:17 pm

What is your first name? Sean

Hobbies and Interests: Now this is a hard question. I have collected WWII memorabilia but I dont have any interests as such.

Why are you here? I saw on a dating website a thread explaining all the symptoms and I thought - dammit thats me!

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects: In school? Typing (I took typing as a 13 year old to 15)

Year/Grade: College in NZ in University - I never went. I undertook studies at an AIT but felt it wasnt what I was looking for.

Favorite music: mixed range - right now a song by NZ band Evermore called "Running" - listen to it it rocks!

Books: War stories - mainly Vietnam (dont know why)

TV shows/Movies: Coronation Street, Lost, My Name is Earl

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? I like watching Rugby and League but thats about it. I dont partake in any sports.

Family: 1 brother, 1 half brother, mum and dad and I have a 12 year old daughter Chloe.

Clothing: Casual. I wore shorts all last year to work. I love sneakers and I refuse to wear a suit and/or tie.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Unemployed - before that I was a systems administrator

Plans for the future? I thought Id die before I was 21 - I have absolutely no plans and a severe inability to make any.

Any comments? I hijacked another thread posting stuff - sorry about that. Feel free to contact me if you want to chat.

muchacha
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2006, 11:36 am

What is your first name? Karen

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, music, painting, gardening, astrology, politics, cats...an occasional interest in sport, and know my way around a car...

Why are you here? Because I'm pretty sure I have AS.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not formally diagnosed as yet. Haven't ruled it out yet though, I may need to be one day.

Favorite subjects: N/A

Favorite music: Prince, The Cure, Grateful Dead, Beastie Boys, REM, Michael Franti, PJ Harvey, Goldfrapp, Pink Floyd, Liz Phair, Mclusky, Bjork, The Beatles...to name a few.

Books: Biographies, nearly anything on politics, local history, feminism, the media or any
of my listed hobbies/interests. Reading is a passion for me but I'm not into fiction much.
Also devour the weekend broadsheet newspapers.

TV shows/Movies: TV shows - The Simpsons and Sex & The City, collecting DVD's of both series as I can't stand the SO of commercial TV. Love mostly ABC stuff like Media Watch , Enough Rope (love Andrew Denton!!), and the Australian Story series to name a few. SBS doco's are usually great too. I get glued to Rage all night when I don't feel up to going out. Movies - total Hitchcock addict but also love some of the worst, z-grade horror trash ever made. Anything with Peter Sellers, especially The Party. As for more recent films...Lost In Translation and The Motorcycle Diaries have probably been my two favourites out of the last decade.

Instrument: Clarinet. Well enough to deter intruders, at least.

Do you like sports? Yes...tennis in particular. Also take an interest in the AFL (when Collingwood are doing well) and, well I guess soccer although I'm typing this while Australia v. Italy is on the TV so I guess I'm not THAT passionate.

Family: Father, mother, two younger brothers.

Clothing: Handy in winter.

How did you find this website? Typing "Asperger" into AltaVista

Job: Data entry

Plans for the future? Is this question optional?

Any comments? Be afraid. Be very afraid. :twisted:

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 3:23 pm

What is your first name: John

Hobbies and Interests: TV, Computer, PS2, Moaning, Cartoons, Laughing At People's Misfortunes.

Why are you here? Aspergers Syndrome.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was 4, I was told when I was 10.

Favorite subjects: In School? ICT

Year/Grade: 9

Favorite music: 80s, 90s, Alternative Rock, Dance, Breakbeat, Metal, Hard Rock +Instrumental Songs (Songs With No Words In).

Books: Non-Fiction

TV shows/Movies: There are to many to mention.

Instrument: I would like to play the drums

Do you like sports? No.

Family: 1 Brother, 2 sisters, Mum, Dad. Mum + Dad are divorced.

Clothing: Anything thats comfortable and suitable for the weather.

How did you find this website? A friend recommended it to me.

Job: Student At School

Plans for the future? Dunno. I dont think about the future.

Any comments? Nice survey, it might be on Family Fortunes. lol

JustaJester
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jul 2006, 6:29 am

What is your first name? Patrick

Hobbies and Interests: Various - I like a lot of stuff

Why are you here? Research to see if I have Aspergers

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Undiagnosed

Favorite subjects: All

Year/Grade: Graduated High School in 1989

Favorite music: Mostly Celtic, but I can listen to anything