Page 38 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 358  Next

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 6:54 pm

What is your first name? Heather

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, art, horseback riding, music

Why are you here? Because I'm sure that I have Aspergers, and frankly, I don't know what to do. And because I have nothing else to do.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm not yet. Offically.

Favorite subjects: Like school? English, biology. Otherwise? Writing, art, music

Year/Grade: Freshman at high school (9th)

Favorite music: Rock-ish music (Rock, progressive rock, pop rock, heavy metal, ect.)

Books: Far too many to list.

TV shows/Movies: "RENT", the entire LOTR series, "The Apprentice", "Supernanny"

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? Horseback, but that's it.

Family: Mother, father, younger brother, extended family (none of which live even close)

Clothing: Jeans, a t-shirt

How did you find this website? Google.

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Graduate, hopefully get a decent job

Any comments? Hi!

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2006, 2:38 am

What is your first name? Emily

Hobbies and Interests: Music (listening, playing, writing songs), movies, philosophy, writing, hanging out.

Why are you here? It'd be cool to meet some likeminded people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): With NLD about 5 years ago.

Favorite subjects: Always liked English best through high school, I'm majoring in theatre in college.

Year/Grade: Senior in college...aiiieee I graduate in 2.5 weeks!

Favorite music: Hip-hop, Rock, Indiepop

Books: My all-time favorite = "Letters from a Stoic" by Seneca. I like books that are like notes, letters or journals for some reason.

TV shows/Movies: TV= Lost, Gilmore Girls, What About Brian (mostly to laugh at), Law & Order...I watch too much TV. Movies = Adaptation, Rushmore, Amelie, Withnail & I, anything weird and without a plot. :wink:

Instrument: Drums & piano

Do you like sports? Does bowling count as a sport? I do love bowling...also ice and roller skating. I've been known to play soccer and flag football also.

Family: 2 parents, 1 younger sister.

Clothing: Well, it does change day to day...

How did you find this website? From the Asperger livejournal community, I think.

Job: Guess I have to get one soon...eeek!

Plans for the future? Going to music business school next year... so maybe I'll start my own record label someday.

Any comments? Why did this take me so long? :roll:

ChildoftheSun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2006, 6:06 am

What is your first name? Bernhard

Hobbies and Interests: Surfing the internet, reading, riding bycicle

Why are you here? I think I have Aspergers, I never received an official diagnosis but have many of the traits associated with it.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Classical music, some popular music

Books:

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument:

Do you like sports? Only riding the bicycle

Family: Two parents, no siblings

Clothing:

How did you find this website? By google

Job: None right now

Plans for the future? Finishing university and finding a job afterwards

Any comments? Great site

InSearch
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 May 2006, 4:30 pm

What is your first name? Petra

Hobbies and Interests: Sports, Fishing

Why are you here? I have a coworker who other coworkers and I belive to have Aspergers so I am trying to get more info about it so we can understand him better and be able to work with him more easily.

Favorite subjects: math physics

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Christain

Books:

TV shows/Movies: Amazing Race

Instrument:

Do you like sports? yes

Family: lots

Clothing:

How did you find this website? coworker

Job: SE

Plans for the future? I wish I knew

Any comments?

mentalblock
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 May 2006, 9:38 pm

What is your first name? Kel

Hobbies and Interests: art,music,reading

Why are you here? Just to read and learn about others

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): undiagnosed AS, diagnosed son with AS
Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: alternative, anything with a beat you can move to!

Books: fav book for the moment is "Lovely Bones" currently reading "Speed of Dark"

TV shows/Movies: CSI, ER

Instrument:

Do you like sports? no

Family: I am married and have 5 children

Clothing: yes i like to wear clothes!!

How did you find this website? link from another site

Job: Mother

Plans for the future? off to study next year to become a social worker

Any comments? no not right now thanks

FlyGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 May 2006, 4:46 am

Sorry, I guess mine is a little bit overdue...

What is your first name? Lisa

Hobbies and Interests: Music, computers, animals, graphic design, and Stargate.

Why are you here? I've stuck around because I'm probably an aspie. Turns out I sure can identify with a ton of stuff on this site. Thanks Alex and everyone for (in a way) letting me know that I'm not alone. I'm tired of 'pretending to be normal'.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): So far, major depression and anxiety, about 1995 I think. Going to further discuss AS with my psychologist this week.

Favorite subjects: In college I majored in music, then graphic design, then criminology... but I don't have a degree in anything.

Year/Grade: Gave up on college in 2002 after 5 years on and off. Getting As wasn't hard but school just turns me off to almost everything I've been interested in. My fault I suppose. I try to forget my experiences with high school.

Favorite music: Instrumentals (like soundtracks) and classic rock, I guess. The only genres I don't care for are rap and opera.

Books: Michael Crichton sure can write 'em. My favorite comic strip is Get Fuzzy.

TV shows/Movies: Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I like Pixar movies, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Instrument: Mostly piano (by ear since age 3), also drums but I haven't played them in years, and a little bit of guitar.

Do you like sports? Not really a huge fan of anything in particular, but I don't dislike sports.

Family: Mom, dad, one younger brother.

Clothing: Must have jeans and a comfortable shirt. I own one pair of shoes.

How did you find this website? Google. I was actually looking up stuff on the fear of driving when I found these forums. Then I wondered what Asperger's was...

Job: Pretty much unemployed at the moment.

Plans for the future? Bottom line... I want to be more independent.

Any comments? "Hi, I'm new."

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2006, 8:49 pm

What is your first name? Kim (Kimberly)

Hobbies and Interests:
H: comics, origami, video games
I: Pirates, X-Men comic history (nightcrawler,blink, and other teleporters mostly)

Why are you here? Sometimes I get lonely. My friends live pretty far away(not walking distance) and I sometimes need to talk to people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): before I was ten. I did not know immediately after my diagnosis so I don’t know a date.

Favorite subjects: Biology

Year/Grade: freshman turning sophomore-college.

Favorite music: a little of everything. I mean not just rock or techno but songs in every category

Books: I really like timeline books for some reason. Fantasy books, sci fi books about real people, cultures, countries ect.(These type has a name that I cannot remember.) I will happily read anything.

TV shows/Movies: The Colbert Report. Early 90’s to modern day cartoons mostly. I like the x-men movies(not as much as the comic, though) I also like various older films form the 1920’s-50’s

Instrument: nope. I have always wanted to learn on the piano but it turns out I need to own one to get lessons.

Do you like sports? To play, yes. To watch no.

Family:
Dad<Oldest
Mom
Brother
Me
Sister
Brother
Dog
Cat
Dog<Youngest

Clothing: usually something loose around my neck for sleeping
When I am awake something that ‘protects’ my neck. I wish I knew why this was

How did you find this website? I was bored at school and decided to look up aspergers. I saw the words Wrong planet and it just sort of fit. So I clicked and here I am.

Job: school/amusement park

Plans for the future? I want to help people and animals.

Any comments?
I love filling out these types of things

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2006, 4:44 pm

What is your first name? John

Age: 30 (but I still get carded at the movie theatre if that tells you anything :oops: )

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, running, kung fu and tai chi, strategy games, helping people.

Why are you here? I came here to find more people like me.

When were you diagnosed? Still waiting on official word, but it's kinda obvious to everyone around me.

Favorite subjects: Any of the hobbies listed above, human interaction, comic books, animals and their behavior, genetics (and some biology in general), religion and religions throughout history, government in all of it's structure (the administrative side, economics), law enforcement and criminology.

Year/Grade: I have a masters degree in public administration, a bachlors degree in forensics and an associates degree in law enforcement.

Favorite music: Rock (modern, classic, metal, alternative, indy -- most of it), classical music, anything new or underground and just about everything else as long as it isn't rap or country.

Books: Atlas Shrugged and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are my personal favorites, but I like many more.

TV shows/Movies: The Road to Perdition, The Shawshank Redemption, Unforgiven, The Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy, plus many many more -- I'm a huge movie freak. The only TV I like on the other hand is adult swim.

Instrument: Trumpet (it's been many years ago, however -- I don't think I could play it now if I had to)

Do you like sports? North American Pro and (some) College Football.

Family: Single (and happy that my family lives three states away :D )

Clothing: I'm a teeshirt and jeans kinda guy, but even in that I like good quality. I have been known to sport other sorts of looks.

How did you find this website? Someone from my AS group pointed me here.

Job: That's not public knowledge (because I have a stalker)

Plans for the future? This whole AS thing kinda hangs some things for me. Part of what I'm doing now is trying to figure out what I'm going to do next.

Any comments? I really like people. All kinds. I think it's all the different combinations of traits, which carries over to my writing (I'm a big character oriented writer). I just love people and find them so terribly facinating and I'll always help anyone who asks, even the ones who hate me or would wrong me.

mielikki
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 May 2006, 8:33 pm

What is your first name? No comment

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, computers, digital imaging....

Why are you here? One kid with high-functioning autistic disorder, another with Asperger's... and they are going to test me to make my diagnosis "official"

When were you diagnosed? On my way.

Favorite subjects: Chemistry, Biology - and now - any computer animation, imaging program I can get my hands on.

Year/Grade: Left university a year shy of a B.Ed

Favorite music: Anything but twangy country.

Books: Far, far too many to mention

TV shows/Movies: Movies - Casablanca, Dr. Strangelove; TV - oddly enough, I like Grey's Anatomy.

Instrument: Percussion, guitar

Do you like sports? Hockey, hockey.... and did I mention hockey?

Family: Cohabitating at present, and have 3 kids from previous relationships

Clothing: Uber casual, messy - and I am only wearing black until they come up with something darker.

How did you find this website? Surfing

Job: Analyst in the paper industry

Plans for the future? Stay employed until 65, raise my kids and then quietly expire with no fuss or mess.

Any comments? I am a bit of a loner, but have an outrageous sense of humour. People think I'm weird, but I like the way I am.

PeppaPig
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 May 2006, 3:57 pm

What is your first name? Paula

Hobbies and Interests: reading, writing, tv, learning languages, writing on my folder covers

Why are you here? I'm pretty sure I have Asperger's, although I'm not diagnosed

Favorite subjects: languages

Year/Grade: 9th

Favorite music: Franz Ferdinand, Beatles, Franz Ferdinand, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Franz Ferdinand

Books: James Joyce, George Orwell, mostly anything at all

TV shows/Movies: sitcoms: Friends, That 70's Show, Will & Grace, Whose Line is it Anyway?, Gilmore Girls

Instrument: Guitar but I suck

Do you like sports? NOO!

Family: mom dad dog and temporarily cousin

Clothing: comfortable

How did you find this website? google

Job: student, if that counts

Plans for the future? nah

Any comments? Ich heisse Superfantastische

adso
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 May 2006, 6:07 am

What is your first name? Adam

Hobbies and Interests: I have about 40. Do you really want to know them all? Well I'll give you the most intense ones:
Florida, Thunderstorms, the Weather, Chess, Astronomy, Horticulture, Soccer, Football, Baseball, Philately, Travelling, Airplanes, Trains, Mountains, Photography

Why are you here? AS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not yet formally, but my son has been

Favorite subjects: Biology, Geography

Year/Grade: Got to Ph.D student before social stresses overcame me

Favorite music: Classic Rock

Books: Lord of the Rings, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, any popular science book

TV shows/Movies: Star Trek, CSI, Seinfeld, Green Wing, X-Men

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? Very much: Football, Soccer, Baseball, Golf

Family: Wife and three kids

Clothing: no interest

How did you find this website? google

Job: Drive a van for a courier company, own web design company www.sierrawebdesign.co.uk

Plans for the future? Very confused about that since self diagnosis

Any comments? Glad to find this forum. Not many friends because I am like a blind man in situations of social interaction. Is it possible for fellow AS sufferers to be friends?

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2006, 8:05 am

What is your first name? ____

Hobbies and Interests: Human biology, AS, dance, Final Fantasy and Square-Enix games, anime, science fiction, fantasy, movies, other random things

Why are you here? Social outlet, interested in other people's views here

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Young age, can't remember

Favorite subjects: Biology, chemistry, psychiatry (and critically looking at it)

Year/Grade: In my second year of my bachelor's degree

Favorite music: Well I have a few favourite types but I don't listen to much music; trip-hop, electronic soundscapes (not ambient), some pop. Currently listening to unity album by george.

Books: Ender's Game sagas, The Demolished Man, LOTR, Harry Potter. I don't read much though.

TV shows/Movies: Donnie Darko, American Beauty, Clockwork Orange, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Lain, Grave of the Fireflies, Amelie, LOTR (better than the books).

Instrument: I don't play anything, but I like the sound of the violin and the piano. Least favourite instrument is the harpischord.

Do you like sports? No, unless you count dance as a sport, which nobody does.

Family: Parents, younger (16) sister

Clothing: Whatever is cheap, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, which to me means something different from everyone else it seems - I don't care either way though if its stylish or not.

How did you find this website? Google? Or another website maybe

Job: Undergraduate nurse

Plans for the future? Go into nursing, a field that's stimulating and tests my skills

Any comments? I chose this avatar because Eeyore is apparently of my personality type. Not because he's depressed and cynical, although of course I have my sad moments. Not cynical, though - despite having been depressed over long periods of time before (not now), I generally believe in the best of people, even when they seem to only have a bad side.

AlansMom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2006, 3:29 pm

What is your first name? Maya and my Son's name is Alan

Hobbies and Interests: my son's interests are Star Wars, Harry Potter, Baseball, Numbers, Time, Math

Why are you here? I am a proud mom of an Aspie and I am here to get information and connect with people that are like minded...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Alan was formally diagnosed about a week ago (but has been informally diagnosed for a few months)

Favorite subjects: N/A

Year/Grade: Alan is 6 1/2 and is in Kindergarten.

Favorite music: Alan loves Star Wars

Books: Alan loves anything about star wars, dinosaurs, baseball (he reads at between a 4-6th grade level) (still waiting on formal test results on exactly what level)

TV shows/Movies: TV: Anytihng on Cartoon Network, Baseball games (Especially Red Sox); Movies: Star Wars, Harry Potter

Instrument: N/A

Do you like sports? Alan loves Baseball

Family: Mom, Dad and a sister (catey) who is 3 and 1/2

Clothing: Alan likes anything soft, like sweats...but will wear other clothes

How did you find this website? Pediatric Neurologist suggested we look at it....

Job: N/A

Plans for the future? Alan wants to play baseball or go into space

Any comments? Hopefully I am accepted here even tho I personally do not have AS... I am a proud mom of an Aspie :)

Kaiyah
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 May 2006, 7:52 pm

What is your first name? Lauren

Hobbies and Interests: Singing, writing, art, reading

Why are you here? I am here to talk with likeminded people and share the world that is mine with others who might understandi t :)

When were you diagnosed? When I was 13 (1996)

Favorite subjects: Art!

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: Any except harcore rock, headbanging type stuff.

Books: Peter pan because I love the themes it deals with. I am in love with the idea of eternal youth and think there is so much beauty in the world of children adn Peter pan portrays an important message about the importance of keeping the spirit of youth alve.
Notre dame de Paris - the most moving and amazing book i have ever read...would recomend it to anyone. I will never get over this book, it is incredible.
Wuthering heights - beautiful story - amazingly written.

TV shows/Movies: TV: The little mermaid, anything disney!. the notebook, ever after,

Instrument: Voice

Do you like sports? I do trapeze thats it.:)

Family: My mum, dad and younger brother. All are amazingly supportive and wonderful. I have an amazing family!

Clothing: I love to dress up fancy when i go out otherwise its comfort and cash all the way!! I wont wear really short things, wollen things, i dont like vests or really thin tops or shawls.

How did you find this website? a friend told me about it.

Job: I work as a therapist for autistic and intalectually disabled kids.

Plans for the future? LIVE and have fun!! make the best of every moment!

Any comments? I am very excited to be a part of the community and look forward to getting to know you all!

McLeod
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2006, 11:30 pm

What is your first name? Ian

Hobbies and Interests:
Hobbies:
Reading;
Writing;
Marksmanship;
Model-kits (sci-fi);
Weight-lifting;
Movies;
Anime;
Languages (Japanese, conversational; Mandarin, just starting out; American Sign Language, also starting out; some written Latin; a little Francais for the ladies ^_--; and bits and pieces of several others.)

Interests:
Economics (Austrian), Geopolitics, Libertarian Minarchism/Anarchocapitalism, investing, history, literature, physics.

Why are you here? I am certain that I have Asperger's, because when I "discovered" it a few weeks ago, it's all I could read and talk about because it made my entire life make sense!

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm looking for a doc who has some experience with adults on the spectrum.

Favorite subjects: English, Business, History, Foreign Language

Year/Grade: Sophomore (College)

Favorite music: Too much to list!

Books: The Bible, The Lord of the Rings (Tolkien), The Art of War (Sun Tzu), The Complete Works of Tacitus (Gaius Cornelius Tacitus), Norstrilia (Cordwainer Smith), A Brief History of Time (Stephen Hawking), Catcher in the Rye (Salinger), Crime and Punishment (Dostoyevsky)... If it's historical, scientific, philosophical, science fiction, or true literature, I'll read it.

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch much TV, but I like House, 24, Prisonbreak, Simpsons, and South Park. As for movies, I like science fiction/fantasy, horror, comedy, and black-and-white films.

Instrument: I used to play the violin, and I'm considering taking it back up (I have one, it's just hardly used).

Do you like sports? If so, which one? I live in Alabama, where Football is an organized religion. I watch a couple of games a year, but I'm not a fanatic and I don't play. I lift weights, but not competitively. I also enjoy marksmanship, but I'm not good enough to compete. :)

Family: Best parents ever, an older sister (27), two younger brothers (19 and 15). My middle brother has traits on the spectrum more pronounced than mine, but I haven't talked to him about it yet.

Clothing: Jeans and t-shirts, but I can be fashionable when I want to be. I like the film-noir look, and 60s men's as well.

How did you find this website? O.A.S.I.S. link.

Job: My sister and I co-own and operate an online and convention-based retail concern specializing in printed t-shirts, beanies/hats, and accessories in the geek/anime/sci-fi fashion niche.

Plans for the future? Long term relationship/marriage, finish all these books I'm trying to write, get an MBA, and live life to the fullest!

Any comments? Well, since finding out about AS about a month ago, I've really found a number of websites and books helpful. My ex-girlfriend is an aspie (and proud!), and when I talked to her about my "discovery" she had a duh-moment, and told me I had neon signs flashing aspie all around me, but she thought I was just a peculiar NT. I decided that as I go about getting diagnosed professionally, and seek to interact better with NTs, I should get to know other people on the spectrum as well, which is why I'm here! I'm from Alabama but you wouldn't know it from talking to me ^_--. If you're from the Alabama/Tennessee area, get in touch and we should meet up somewhere! I travel across the U.S. quite a bit on business, too, so maybe my schedule will put me somewhere where lunch might be in order. Thank you for reading, and I look forward to getting to know you!

Beatles_girl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2006, 3:48 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Mudic, Drawing,writting raising Stick insects" ( bugs that look exatly like a stick")

Why are you here?: I need other Aspies to talk to because i'm so loney.........the special needs program I go into i'm too high funtioning for everyone there is severly disabled............and ca'nt carry somewhat any conversation

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was eight

Favorite subjects: art,music,creative writing, woodworking,

Year/Grade: gradec 12

Favorite music: IT'S OBVIOUS! GUESS. :)

Books: "Freaks geeks and Asperes syndrome" "Flowers for Aldergon" "The curious insident of the dog in the night time" "Shout! The Beatles in there generation"
"The lovley Bones" "Lord Of the Flies.

TV shows/Movies: A hard days night, freddy got fingerd,poltergiest, supersize me, bowling for columbibe, the lion king, Family Guy, Honey wre killing the kids, the simpsons, sons of butcher and futurerama

Instrument: Drums

Do you like sports? not really...... but i like badminton and vollyball once in a while.

Family: Living with mom and dad and my dog Holly.

Clothing: Jeans and always a beatles t-shirt with a touch of a rock star kind of style

How did you find this website? someone at school

Job: still in school but i'm getting one

Plans for the future? artist, writer, drummer music therepast