Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 1:54 pm

I mean it.
I need it to get better. Also if you quote me fix the mistakes I made with capital letters or something like that.
for all the autistics that love correcting people, here is your chance :lol:

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 4:30 pm

Ok.

"Please correct my English mistakes."
The word, "English," is a proper noun and therefore capitalized.

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2014, 8:43 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself. English is a difficult language to learn because of its odd grammatical rules and tendency to adopt new words easily. I know many English speakers who have a poor command of the language.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 9:03 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
Ok.

"Please correct my English mistakes."
The word, "English," is a proper noun and therefore capitalized.

really? this is weird. I wouldn't ever be able to guess languages are written with capital letters. I am not really sure this "I wouldn't ever be able to" is right either.

Quote:
Don't be too hard on yourself. English is a difficult language to learn because of its odd grammatical rules and tendency to adopt new words easily. I know many English speakers who have a poor command of the language.

thanks

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 10:16 pm

you write English better than a lot of native speakers. can you post a sample of your speech, por favor?

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2014, 11:25 pm

Now I need to correct my correction: "The word, "English," is a proper noun and is therefore capitalized."

I went to your profile and clicked on your "Find all posts by linatet," with the intention of finding stuff to correct. Then I got involved with that story, which lead to something else and then to something else... Curse you. I've been at it for almost four hours.

Actually, you have nothing to worry about. As auntblabby said, "you write English better than a lot of native speakers." It might be a little off here and there, but it's clear, which is better than most.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 1:33 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
Now I need to correct my correction: "The word, "English," is a proper noun and is therefore capitalized."

:lol:

Quote:
I went to your profile and clicked on your "Find all posts by linatet," with the intention of finding stuff to correct. Then I got involved with that story, which lead to something else and then to something else... Curse you. I've been at it for almost four hours.

:oops:
what have you been reading about?

Quote:
Actually, you have nothing to worry about. As auntblabby said, "you write English better than a lot of native speakers." It might be a little off here and there, but it's clear, which is better than most.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2014, 6:47 pm

Tahitiii wrote:
Then I got involved with that story, which lead to something else and then to something else...

linatet wrote:
what have you been reading about?
Well, it started with a thread you visited from "ConfusedAlot,"
"Does this story display my Aspie tendencies?"
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp6080985 ... t=#6080985

I won't clutter up your thread by reprinting my reply here.

businezguy
Raven
Raven

02 Jun 2014, 11:44 pm

linatet wrote:
I mean it.
I need it to get better. Also if you quote me fix the mistakes I made with capital letters or something like that.
for all the autistics that love correcting people, here is your chance :lol:

For the record, I actually hate it when people do this but since you asked (and I can't help but add a little humor):

I mean it, I need to get better at English. (always include a subject in your sentence)

Also, if you quote me, fix the mistakes I made with capital letters or something like that. (Basically, use commas during pauses, and prepositional phrases of a certain length)

For all the autistics that love correcting people, here is your change. (just capitalize the first letter in a new sentence and add a period at the end of your sentence)

You're cracking me up people! Knock it off! (why write lol when you can write all that?)