Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

reflektors
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2014, 8:47 pm

I'm Kelly, 25 years old and recently graduated from university with a Bachelor's degree. In my free time, I enjoy studying Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy and History. In addition I love graphic design, composing music and writing. Pretty much anything in the arts, except dance (I was always really bad with coordination).

I was diagnosed by an university psychologist as having Asperger's back in March. It really helped to explain why I was the way I was when I was a kid(I was mislabeled in Kindergarten as anti-social, and it was noted in some report cards how I apparently lacked social skills, but Asperger's was never mentioned by name), and why I have trouble maintaining friendships. Before that I was self diagnosed, as a friend of mine noticed some of my inability to understand boundaries(i.e needing space) and some social cues, which prompted me to finally get a diagnosis. I'm sure people can tell sometimes, but they tend to see my anxiety more than anything. I tend to be very literal and wordy, and once I start talking about my interests, it's hard to get me to stop. I still remember as a kid observing others and trying to see how they did things so I could learn some cues because I felt like I didn't fit in, I always felt different than my classmates. I was quiet, awkward and liked doing things for the most part by myself. Making friends was not hard, but keeping them was harder. Now at 25, I can understand some cues, but others I don't always pick up on and usually by the time I do, it's too late. I was relieved when I was diagnosed because it finally explained to me why I am the way I am, and why sometimes people are easily overwhelmed by me.

I'm really glad I found this forum, and am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

businezguy
Raven
Raven

07 Jun 2014, 8:59 pm

Kelly, welcome to the boards! I must say, I'm a bit concerned about your spectrum of study though. Why didn't you add Anthropology, Economics, Theology, Contemporary Art, and Political Studies to your curriculum. All kidding aside, it sounds like you are actually studying a very broad spectrum (pun intended) of topics. How did you find the time to post here?

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 9:28 pm

You will have a great time getting to know us. We are all awesome.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 3:22 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm

Everything is Right on WrongPlanet.