Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

JoyBeth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2007, 11:50 am

My name is Joyce. :D My 13 year old son had Asperger's. I joined this site to give myself a place to come talk with others who are familiar with Asperger's about issues as they come up in our lives, and to give him a place (if he wants) to get to know others with his disorder. Any comments, advice, or even questions are welcome! Thanks in advance for everything!

~Joyce~

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Feb 2007, 11:55 am

welcome joyce!

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 12:16 pm

Welcome JoyBeth,

Here you can learn anything you want, and a lot of things you never thought of.

I am on the, "What disability, it is a gift!" end of the spectrum.

AS is the water of being, sometimes still and reflective, moving in slow grace, or rouring rapids, becoming invisable as vapor, being seem as clouds, darkening to storms, lightning, equalizes polarity, as thunder makes the earth tremble, the winds gather, rain pours down, gathers in low places, muddy and dark, settles, clears, becomes calm and reflective. Forms change, essences do not.

damocles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2007, 1:07 pm

Hi JoyBeth,
I just signed on my self. I'm in the same boat, I reckon. Don't know much about this other than my own life! I am looking forward to learning more. Good luck on your journey!
damocles

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 6:43 pm

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 9:29 pm

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I hope you enjoy posting here!

JoyBeth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Mar 2007, 10:45 am

:D I'm so glad to have found this place! Hopefully I can get my son interested in coming on here and getting to know some other people who are like him. I know he feels all alone in his world, besides his family. He has a few friends at his school that have some of the same interests (building, drawing, and just creating in general) but they do not have the same intensity that he does, they get bored quickly and easily with these things. When that happens he takes it kind of personally and begins to think that they don't like him anymore. He comes home upset sometimes and just wants to give up on having friends... I'm trying to learn ways to help teach him to cope with his social short-comings without making him feel like he's not 'normal enough' just the way he is. Thanks again for all the warm welcomes and I look forward to being a member of this online community! :wink:
~Joyce~

TODSKI
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2007, 7:42 pm

Hi and welcome.

"I am on the, "What disability, it is a gift!" end of the spectrum. "
As inventor stated!! !

I would not want to be what I am. Ever.

My mind takes me to the most interesting and strange places and posess the most bizzare questions at times. I enjoy that.
:lol:
As for getting along with Nt's...it's always hit and miss.
I have 2 wonderful girls, 1 diagnosed, the 2nd is just far too dam clever for 3........I expect she is as well.
They have helped "ground " me as nothing else could have.
Your guy will be fine, not to worry.