Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

beaker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2007, 8:35 pm

I probably should have said hello here first but I'm not good at that. I tend to jump in the wrong end of the pool sometimes.

I'm 34, undiagnosed, I don't think I will ever try. I just don't see the point nor do I trust the quacks.
Only found out 3 years ago what aspergers is and it reads like my life.

Been an engineer for 11 years now. I'm almost done with my masters in engineering too.

I think I cope pretty well but it's not been easy and finding this place has been a bit of a god send. It's good to talk with others who have the same problems I do.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 8:35 pm

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 3:22 am

welcome man, feel at home :)

Michael1973
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Feb 2007, 11:04 am

Nice to see another Connecticut member here. Just in case you didn't know, there are Aspie groups that meet on a regular basis here. I can give you more info if you're interested.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 11:10 am

Welcome,

Strange is it not, that those who construct theorys of the human mind, have no knowledge of engineering?

beaker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Feb 2007, 11:12 pm

I think the world could use more engineers. Nothing like taking some stupid politicans / idealists pie in the sky ideas and shooting more holes in them than a bagdad suburb.

They really should talk to an engineer on some of their ideas. Who ever advised someone that electric cars are great was smoking something. Basic calculations show they burn more fuel than an internal combustion car. Too many loses between the plant and the motor. Too many inefficiencies. That and can't get heat out of them without wiping out your battery. Texas maybe, northeast ...nope, next idea.

CO2 emissions, they talk about making things more efficient. Hasn't worked in the past why would it work now. More efficiency usually means people will drive further, not use less gas. To make less CO2, you have to burn less gas.