A reintroduction after my official diagnosis

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

quitedifferent
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Oct 2014, 9:21 pm

Hi! You may have seen some of my posts on here with multiple questions about Asperger's and myself. I've received a diagnosis from my psychologist. I was originally misdiagnosed with AD/HD, which happens to many people with Asperger's based on what I have read. It took me a long time to come to terms with the diagnosis, many thoughts came to my head: "What if I don't actually have it and the doctor made an error?" "What if I just want to have it as an excuse?" Now, I've come to terms with it and realize Asperger's is likely the case. However, my parents don't believe I have it and think that developmental disorders don't exist. I'm okay with that, because I have this website, which provides me with valuable information, advice, and support from people like me.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'll proceed to tell you about myself. I'm 14, quiet, and I love instruments. I want to play as many instruments as possible. I love watching Sherlock, Doctor Who, and really strange documentaries. My favorite classes are science, math, and band. I'm first chair alto saxophone in my band. I'm also in arching band, and I'm planning to try out for drum major in about two years. I have very severe social anxiety, but I'm working with it (my parents actually believe I have that, though.) I do well in school, and surprisingly have friends there (marching band is to thank for that.) I'm a really quirky person compared to other people. I wear clothes suited for autumn year-round, they're the only clothes I find comfortable. I'm clumsy and a little bit out of shape. I have a logical mind, but I apply it to creative things like writing.
I don't know what else to say, so I'll end there. :)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2014, 10:46 pm

i used to play piano, guitar, tuba, and violin. so, from one music lover to another, welcome. yes, marching band was great.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2014, 12:37 am

Hey quitedifferent welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!