Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Three_of_us
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2015, 11:08 am

Hello everyone! My name is Shannon (but I am a guy!) and I am in my 40's. I was recently diagnosed on the spectrum last year. I actually volunteered to get tested as I have two boys who are also on the spectrum (hence my screen name). I am pretty high functioning according to my wife, family and doc. I just realized after watching my boys and looking at the tests they were given that all those traits belonged to me. I was always the shy kid in the back of the class. I did excellent in school for subjects that I was interested in and tended to blow off studies that bored me. Was pretty much always single through school but didnt really care most of the time. After my kids were diagnosed and I was looking at some of the results I had an epiphany and looked up a doc that did adult diagnosis testing which was much harder than I thought it would be. My oldest boy is NT but he was born with a heart defect that caused some delays.

Interests - watches (mainly mechanical), mechanical keyboards, RC planes and I love being outdoors. We camp a lot. I used to be huge into snowboarding, skating and skiing when we lived up north.

I work from home so I can watch my youngest boy. I hated it at first but love it now.

So that is me! Looking forward to checking out the site. I had been looking for a forum like this so I could try and connect with others.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 1:52 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 3:20 pm

Hi Shannon,
Welcome to WP! Glad that you found us.. I think you'll find that we're a pretty awesome group of people from different ages, backgrounds and lives. There are also individuals on here who found out after their kids were diagnosed, so you will be in good company. I hope you enjoy your time here :D

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm

Hey Shannon welcome. :sunny: