Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ALizzyBeth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 May 2015, 7:35 pm

Hello there everyone. I'm a 25 year old female.

Ever since my psychology class in high school I kind of suspected that I might be an aspie. Well, last year in October or September I worked up to breaching the topic to my parents (with whom I live). Fast forward to a couple weeks ago when I finally called an autism psychologist to be evaluated. Today I got my official diagnosis.

What. A. Relief!

Now I'm wondering where to go from here. I work at WallyMart as a cashier and it is clearly not a good fit. I end up with frequent meltdowns/breakdowns when customers are rude or 'set me off.' But my goodness I'm paralyzed at making a change at work since I've been there 6 months now. 8O

Anyway, nice to join you all.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 8:49 pm

Hey ALizzyBeth welcome. :sunny:

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 10:33 pm

As for your employment with the devil, perhaps you could switch your position to something a little less public like stocking.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 1:51 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

ALizzyBeth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2015, 3:55 pm

Thank you all for the welcomes. Really starting to hate my job though.

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 May 2015, 4:28 pm

Welcome. Retail can be a pain in the *** with or without Autism. o.x

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 4:53 pm

The way I see it is that you can get any diagnosis you want just by visiting enough doctors (send me to a few hundred different doctors and I will get the diagnosis half the time and the other half I will not). Also, the AS-Diagnosis has been removed from the DSM ever since its version V came out, but all of the DSM is put together by a literal voting council anyway. Yes, they "vote" the various conditions into the criteria, and the doctors whom I've discussed with about the knowledge of the medical-field that did their home-work have explained/revealed to me that the DSM is a document that is related to having more to do with collecting insurance-money than it does to do with anything practical. Now for an old video on assessing the DSM-V...

I cannot tell you what to do with your life but I do know that going through employment-agencies gives you more options as to what types of jobs you can access rather than the common service-jobs of being a waiter/waitress/cashier., etc., especially if you are registered with multiple agencies. You can just work several temp-jobs initially, getting various experience in various different industries, then once you know what kind of work suits you,the key is really being a matter of patience and persistence, not just accepting the first permanent-job that comes along just because a full-employment job is available, but biding your time and keeping an eye on the market, and inquiring once a week with each agency about available assignments, eventually getting the type of job/assignment that you are willing to do for the long-run with a pay that you find acceptable.

I used to work through several employment-agencies, and I was a damn good worker, too, and working in so many different types of jobs, from transcriber to office-work doing data-entry, ware-house loading/unloading, helping people move furniture, construction, assembly, retail-assistance, manufacturing, high-level technical-support, etc. Sure, I have also had my share of other jobs, too, outside of employment-agencies (such as personal-trainer [not a job suited to "autistics/introverts" since it feels more like a scam than a job that requires a lot of "marketing" and extroverting], cashier, waiter, dish-washer, bus-boy, hotel/motel-worker, tutor, instructor, apprentice-electrician, computing consultant, cook, etc.), that allowed me to gain a lot of valuable employment-experience, practice with how to answer/conduct/dress self in interviews, and a better understanding of how certain locations have a higher concentration of certain types of jobs than others (and that more expensive-to-live locations tend to have higher-paying jobs than less-expensive-to-live locations).

I would live in my car whilst working in a high-pay area if I ever started this all over, except I would learn about the legal-system first so that those extortionist minion-police can't trick me into funding the satanic-system of Caesar-style extortionist-government, I would NOT participate in college (because that's valuable time that could be invested on working & earning an income), working would be done all the time so as to not have any time to spend any money made, and any extra available free-time would be geared towards learning how to make more money and/or invest and/or business, such as borrowing books on finance/business/investing/entrepreneurship from the public-libraries, and if it were in an area like our current one, I would probably use the Internet as a tool for selling products, perhaps through venues like Amazon, getting stocks of products cheap from places like China in order to re-sell to the American-market, but not until after I've been employed regularly for about ten years in order to have more-than-enough money saved up in order to be able to "break through barriers of entry" for business-markets...

...wait, bah, who am I kidding, I would probably find that something is seriously wrong with this world at an early age, end up being somehow convinced by someone who works in the mental-health industry to allow him to set-up getting the government to pay me money through welfare/social-programmes due to having run into extortionist tax-collectors for thieving politicians & personally witnessing how corrupt the legal-system has been/become (getting wrongfully accosted to the point that I lose ALL trust in the system/government), end up doing a lot of reading on everything due to deciding to question everything, find myself convinced that society is just seething & teething with layer upon layer & layers & layers of conspiracies (compartmentalised in such a manner so as to keep the right hand from knowing what is being done by the left and vice-versa), and "educate" myself (and find that it's a much better "education" than anything I had ever learned in colleges/universities which I will then see as indoctrination-centres rather than educational-institutions) through watching all of the "documentaries" that exist through the "unbiased" medium of unfiltered Internet with videos or channels such as the following...

https://www.youtube.com/user/FreedomfromGovernmen

...plus all of the documentaries & information from "Anonymous" sources...

We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.
Some of Us May Forgive (Although Most Will Not),
But We Do Not Forget.
United by One,
Divided by Zero.
You Should Have Expected Us.