Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 4:26 am

Illness seems like it must be a full-time job. Autism is on the list next to adult antisocial behavior & you seem pretty boisterous about it.

You don't have to download anything I attach. I'm perfectly happy to make that call for you if you need a fight that badly. Good thing that doesn't really seem to be the case.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Dec 2015, 5:07 am

Listen to me. Hang around here and you'll see what we really are. Give us a read from time to time. You'll find samples of everything but we're more inclined to helping each other build toward independence. I held down office jobs and supported myself for 35 years. It was not comfortable but it can be done. Today things are more advanced and there are "refuelling places" like WrongPlanet.

This is nothing like you've been taught at hospitals and so on. Give it a try.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 6:44 am

Also, one symptom of autism as a disorder is tendencies toward organization.

helloarchy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2015, 7:59 am

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm surprised by the reaction of some individuals towards you; and if anything, it reinforces the point about being boisterous.

methodic wrote:
I grew overtime to hate every single other autistic individual I met. You may disregard me as a troll but I have a legitimate reasoning. No other community formed around a mental illness is as boisterous as the autism community.

Apparently the deaf community is one of the worst. But I've read/heard a lot of "autism supremacy" comments in my time. There can be a profound hate for the NT's. Irony is, we can be as different from each other as we can be from them.

methodic wrote:
If society were comprised of a majority autistics, it would lead to ruination.

Yes, so true. Many believe that it would be a paradise, but it so wouldn't. It wouldn't last long at all.

methodic wrote:
Most autistics embrace their symptoms and their quirks and expect others to deal with them or help accommodate them. f**k that, and if it applies to you, f**k you. You are the problem and the reason I can't be taken seriously for admitting my disability. And to anyone who is self diagnosed but barely has any real autistic traits and are instead using the label for sympathy or attention, you are why people doubt autism is a legitimate illness.

If there is anyone out there, who isn't autistic, but simply wants to be, as some self-diagnosed aspie hypochondriac; you wouldn't be welcome anywhere near me.

methodic wrote:
People with high functioning autism don't need coddling, they need to suffer until they appreciate independence and being able to train yourself to maintain a neurotypical appearance. Your eccentricity isn't a positive thing, it's obnoxious and you are a leach unless you figure out how to provide for yourself like everyone else.

There is a lot of truth in this. Many people can't learn something without first gaining the point of view and hindsight. A lot of people wish for an earlier diagnosis; but they don't realise that the lessons they learned in battling life would've been lost.

I was diagnosed last year at 25 years old. I battled all of those years to try to fit into society, work, earn my own money, all while keeping my demons just below the surface. That life didn't work, and it ended badly. Now I'm diagnosed, the battle continues but I leaned a LOT in those 25 years, and I wouldn't want to be without those lessons.

You ended your message rather rudely, but I get your point. Thanks for posting.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 1:15 pm

methodic, I'm with you here. I more or less agree. But you need to chill out. There's really nothing to gained from acting this way.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 2:01 pm

You're no better than glorifiers. Extremism in all forms is an ugly thing. I've been professionally diagnosed with aspergers and I see it as neither a curse or a gift. I just am.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 6:24 pm

What happened to

methodic wrote:
This is my first and last post here.
?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 6:36 pm

AJisHere wrote:
methodic, I'm with you here. I more or less agree. But you need to chill out. There's really nothing to gained from acting this way.

Anybody who thinks independence is predicated on suffering probably knows neither. Finding independence isn't an ordeal. Why else would people climb mountains?

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 7:37 pm

cberg wrote:
AJisHere wrote:

Anybody who thinks independence is predicated on suffering probably knows neither. Finding independence isn't an ordeal. Why else would people climb mountains?

Well, it IS an ordeal for people with more serious executive function disorder symptoms that often coincide with having autism.

I have the most difficult time staying on task and doing the most basic necessary things in life sometimes. So working hard to deny that part of me is... well... pretty darn tough. :?

Whether or not I do have autism, I don't really think it matters anymore. I've had my butt kicked for 31 years, work in a loud, noisy, warehouse, and a stressful fast food place. Without the discipline in life, suffering in my body, and my faith in God, I would not be as independent as I am.

So I am kind of glad that I was not diagnosed.

But the whole bitter attitude thing displayed by the OP just seems overkill. I guess if he has to vent, so be it. Maybe it will make him feel better so he can get on with life? :?

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 7:40 pm

Raleigh wrote:
What happened to
methodic wrote:
This is my first and last post here.
?

:lol:
I was just thinking the same thing!

Common, methodic, let's at least have a little consistency here. :P

But if you change your mind and want to be a part of our online community, then that's cool, too. No hard feelings. :heart:

SavageMessiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2015, 7:55 pm

The OP needed to vent, and that's great! This is the place to do it!

And forget what the experts say about "disclosure". You live life by YOUR rules, and if people don't appreciate it, forget them!

Don't bow down to being herded like a cow into various areas and treatments; it will be your downfall.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 9:33 pm

methodic wrote:
You may disregard me as a troll. This is my first and last post here.

It seems that you lied about the latter, therefore I'll have to assume you are indeed the former.

Welcome to WP anyway, don't let the door hit you in the Aspie on your way out! :D

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 10:40 pm

marcb0t wrote:
Well, it IS an ordeal for people with more serious executive function disorder symptoms that often coincide with having autism.

I have the most difficult time staying on task and doing the most basic necessary things in life sometimes. So working hard to deny that part of me is... well... pretty darn tough. :?

Whether or not I do have autism, I don't really think it matters anymore. I've had my butt kicked for 31 years, work in a loud, noisy, warehouse, and a stressful fast food place. Without the discipline in life, suffering in my body, and my faith in God, I would not be as independent as I am.

So I am kind of glad that I was not diagnosed.

But the whole bitter attitude thing displayed by the OP just seems overkill. I guess if he has to vent, so be it. Maybe it will make him feel better so he can get on with life? :?

Another way I could say that would be I have a hard time thinking of anything weaker than suggesting others should suffer in order to build OP a nicer world. If that's not entitlement I don't know what is, its' got nothing to do with individual strife. Suffering doesn't teach anything.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 10:46 pm

cberg wrote:
AJisHere wrote:

Hence the "more or less". There's parts where I disagree, even if I relate strongly to the basic idea of the original post.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 11:52 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
Welcome to WP anyway, don't let the door hit you in the Aspie on your way out! :D

:lol: :P
He'll be back. Sorry for beating you to the punch Fnord...

@AJ: Clearly a civilization of billions requires NTs. NT is just a shorthand generalization anyway, any species lacking in perceptual variance tends to die out pretty quick.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2015, 12:09 am

methodic wrote:
cberg wrote:
Kthanxbai

typical autistic rebuttal, shunning away from criticism
however I know you're all to arrogant to understand where I'm coming from
autists always think they're right

I think you mean "too arrogant". Just sayin'. :wink: