The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 821 of 1006 [ 16088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 818, 819, 820, 821, 822, 823, 824 ... 1006  Next

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 5:40 pm

I still sweat and drip and change my t shirt 3 times a day.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Dec 2008, 6:09 pm

Send some of that heat this way.....

I remember a couple of summers ago during a brutal heat-wave our local NPR station played The 7th Symphony (Simphonia Antarctica) by Ralph Vaughan Williams thinking that would cool us off.....It didn't...

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 10:26 am

lemon ill
it's cold here

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 10:54 am

get better soon, lemon!

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 12:52 pm

richie wrote:
Send some of that heat this way.....

If you buy the latest model mobile phone, the waste heat from the steam box will keep you nice and cosy.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 4:44 pm

HOT!

I have my eldest grandson here for a week - Jimmy! Luckily for me he is recovering from a virus and bicycle accident. But I bet he recovers fast!

We plan to go shopping (erk!), swimming, bike riding, library, ummm... other stuff. I love watching movies with him because, at 10, he is as cynical as me.

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 1:55 pm

nannarob wrote:
HOT!

I have my eldest grandson here for a week - Jimmy! Luckily for me he is recovering from a virus and bicycle accident. But I bet he recovers fast!

We plan to go shopping (erk!), swimming, bike riding, library, ummm... other stuff. I love watching movies with him because, at 10, he is as cynical as me.

Isn't that fun?

Of course, the Kid got ticked off at me when I insisted on watching until the end the movie we stumbled across while channel surfing the other day. (I had to see how it ended!).

Benji the Hunted. (yes, I know.)

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 11:16 pm

She's now looking at me like I've lost my mind. Had her sit through the 1938 version of "A Christmas Carol"....

You folks up north and back east bring in the dogs, stack up the firewood, and try to stay warm through what's coming your way, weatherwise! (Don't envy you that at all!) At least you'll have a white Christmas. :roll:

krex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 3:07 pm

Winters, especially our storms, are one of the few times I feel "normal"..no one else want to leave their house either .

I'm amongst the walking wounded here...winter cold, sinus stuff and now the tooth is acting up again, appears my immune system is feeling a bit taxed of late . Seems to get worse around that "time of the month" thing .

Anyone ever have that "thing" where when you move your eyes,keeping head stationary, you get this sort of brain shocks/dizziness/wave feeling . I think it's sinus pressure related but reminds me of being "high" a bit..(and I use to pay to feel this way?) . Just wondering if anyone understood the chemistry/physiology of this ? It is like my early warning system that I'm about to get sick but I'm just curious if there is some dopamine or other brain chemicals at work because of the "high" feeling . It lasted about 3 days this time before the "cold" actually turned into symptoms...I was beginning to think brain tumor (I really want that MRI scan :D )

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 4:44 pm

We're covered in snow, with more due tonight - and then it's supposed to warm up starting Tuesday, and we're scheduled for rain Christmas day... :(

They said there'd be snow at Christmas,
They said there'd be peace on Earth,
But instead it just kept on raining,
A veil of tears for the virgin birth...

- Emerson Lake & Palmer, "I Believe In Father Christmas", Works, Vol. II (1977)

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 4:54 pm

krex wrote:
Winters, especially our storms, are one of the few times I feel "normal"..no one else want to leave their house either .

I'm amongst the walking wounded here...winter cold, sinus stuff and now the tooth is acting up again, appears my immune system is feeling a bit taxed of late . Seems to get worse around that "time of the month" thing .

Anyone ever have that "thing" where when you move your eyes,keeping head stationary, you get this sort of brain shocks/dizziness/wave feeling . I think it's sinus pressure related but reminds me of being "high" a bit..(and I use to pay to feel this way?) . Just wondering if anyone understood the chemistry/physiology of this ? It is like my early warning system that I'm about to get sick but I'm just curious if there is some dopamine or other brain chemicals at work because of the "high" feeling . It lasted about 3 days this time before the "cold" actually turned into symptoms...I was beginning to think brain tumor (I really want that MRI scan :D )

yeah. and it's sinus in combination with pressure on the ears, for me anyway. tylenol sinus extra strength rapid release is my new best friend.

i don't know why it does that spacey feeling - it's as if the peripherals that are non-essential are being put on standby so that "the system" can fight the good fight. which, maybe in some people isn't all that noticeable. but i can tell immediately when i'm going to get a whopper of a cold. i'm still not entirely over the one from last week - it's lurking. i can feel it, it's draining, my ears feel "wrong" in the morning until i take a decongestant.... all of which warns me to take it easy, stay warm, rest for a few days.

i think a brain tumor is easier to cure. :roll:

krex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 6:09 pm

Thanks Nan...I took triacting, (*phenylpropylamine hydrochloric for sinus and guafinisin to try and keep it out of my chest), it's the only cold medicine that doesn't make me feel worse then the illness but it sure tastes nasty . I use to looove Robitussin...but a bit TO much, even like the taste but a normal dose has me "seeing things" for days . My theory is that it triggers the LSD stored in my spine or maybe it's just being aspie but that stuff gets me very high .

I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday but I had hoped to get some cleaning and book binding done this week. Then again..."If hope was a rope we'd all be hung by now" 8O

I can't believe my spell check knew how to spell this but still doesn't recognise Aspergers :roll:

Wishing us both a speedy recovery .

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 6:55 pm

krex wrote:
I can't believe my spell check knew how to spell this but still doesn't recognise Aspergers :roll:

My spell check...
Asperger's - OK
asperger's - No good, needs capital
Aspergers - No good, there's only one of him
aspergers - No good, for both reasons
Asperger - No good, though I may add this, except that I rarely use just this
asperger - No good

I cheat, though, because I just checked, and I added "Asperger's" to my dictionary ages ago. This is SeaMonkey - cousin of Firefox - also both added to the dictionary.

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 7:52 pm

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 11:08 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE45AIfervg[/youtube]

I lived near the Mennonites and Amish communities on the plains of Kansas.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 2:07 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw[/youtube]

I laughed hysterically at this, and I have no idea why.

Merle