The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 918 of 1006 [ 16088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 915, 916, 917, 918, 919, 920, 921 ... 1006  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2010, 8:30 pm

Nan wrote:
i think i might try to go out and buy a tent tomorrow, though. just to keep in the trunk of the car in case....

been there and done that! I am a fanatic about having a stashed tent someplace other than my dwelling. I had just bought a nice all weather tent and it was in my house when it burned. :?

keep it in your car! and boots and water and packaged long term foods.
Yeah, I know, I am preaching to the choir! :roll:

(((((((((((((( hug )))))))))))))) (Aspie hug!)

Merle

later edit: ok, so I just spent about 3 hours of my life voraciously reading about
Alveolitis - An inflammation in the inner part of the lungs. My gawd, Nannerl, Spike, your Spike, hell, our Spike. .. all your birdies :( my heart just aches for you, dear Nannerl, I cried just a little and remembered my own dear Slinky cat that was devoured by coyotes when I was living in the woods. I am so sorry, dear, so sorry. :(

Merle

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Apr 2010, 3:06 pm

Just lurking Image and stimming Image as usual.....

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2010, 11:39 pm

just to document this, in case it's not a fluke: the rat is chewing the bars of his cage again, quite a lot. he has a chewy block he's been working on all afternoon, so it's not that he needs something to chew. and he's not trying to get out, as any rat could have gotten through those bars easily by now. he did this extensively in the three days leading up to the easter earthquake.

he's chewing to make noise, as there's no real damage to the bars. will be interesting to see if there's another larger rumblie in the next 48 hours or so. probably just a coincidence, but an interesting experiment....

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 12:22 am

for all of those who have had hallucinogen experience in the dim past I thought this link was very interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/12/scien ... ss&emc=rss

Quote:
Researchers from around the world are gathering this week in San Jose, Calif., for the largest conference on psychedelic science held in the United States in four decades. They plan to discuss studies of psilocybin and other psychedelics for treating depression in cancer patients, obsessive-compulsive disorder, end-of-life anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and addiction to drugs or alcohol.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 12:30 am

san jose? huh.

interesting. i woulda guessed berkeley or maybe up behind the redwood curtain - marin...arcata....

:wink:

say goodnight gracie.

"good night, gracie."

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2010, 8:21 am

I heard yesterday that Spike let his new person pick him/her up without pecking at her or scolding her, and that he/she spent the evening sitting on a shoulder chattering to them. And he laid another egg. So, my little Spike is all grown up now, and is developing a life of his/her own.

Geez, it's like marrying off a kid! :roll: I hope she sends photos soon, she said she would.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2010, 9:04 am

Nan wrote:
I heard yesterday that Spike let his new person pick him/her up without pecking at her or scolding her, and that he/she spent the evening sitting on a shoulder chattering to them. And he laid another egg. So, my little Spike is all grown up now, and is developing a life of his/her own.

Geez, it's like marrying off a kid! :roll: I hope she sends photos soon, she said she would.

Ah! But did you give Spike a camera, to take photos of hir new owner? If not, you could always send hir some cash, so (s)he could get hir owner to buy a disposable camera for hir. Shops can be so picky about serving avians - don't you think?

chippie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Apr 2010, 11:52 am

Diagnosed A.S. at age 48, 49 last week, diagnosed with arthritis three weeks ago in both knees and left elbow.

Over 40 and creaky ?

More like, Over the hill and decrepit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Signs of a misspent youth. HoHum ! !

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2010, 12:51 pm

lau wrote:
Nan wrote:

Ah! But did you give Spike a camera, to take photos of hir new owner? If not, you could always send hir some cash, so (s)he could get hir owner to buy a disposable camera for hir. Shops can be so picky about serving avians - don't you think?

Da boid knows how to use the webcam. Certainly watched me using it often enough. :wink:

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2010, 11:07 pm

Nan wrote:
lau wrote:
Nan wrote:

Da boid knows how to use the webcam. Certainly watched me using it often enough. :wink:

ooh, oh, Nannerl, can you get him on the webcam??
your little child, showing off his good manners!

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2010, 11:13 pm

chippie wrote:
Diagnosed A.S. at age 48, 49 last week, diagnosed with arthritis three weeks ago in both knees and left elbow.

Over 40 and creaky ?

More like, Over the hill and decrepit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Signs of a misspent youth. HoHum ! !

or a well spent youth! Use it (the body) up, I say, no good going to the grave in perfect working order! I have RA in the right and left foot, both knees, the 5 places where I cracked my vertebrae 30 years ago and my neck. My left lower half of my right hand is screaming while I type this, I didn't find out about AS until I was 56 and am just vamping for time before I do my job in my sleep.

Welcome to the Cafe. . . have a muffin! Step behind the bar and whip yourself up some chai, coffee, what ever you like. We are open all night, Chippie! :D

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 3:46 am

welcome !

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 12:20 pm

Nan wrote:
he did this extensively in the three days leading up to the easter earthquake.

he's chewing to make noise, as there's no real damage to the bars. will be interesting to see if there's another larger rumblie in the next 48 hours or so. probably just a coincidence, but an interesting experiment....

Doesn't have to be a fluke. There is a paper reporting toads abandoning a breeding site a few days before an earthquake: http://www.physorg.com/news189196529.html. There is a link to the original publication.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2010, 1:46 pm

Gromit wrote:
Nan wrote:
he did this extensively in the three days leading up to the easter earthquake.

Doesn't have to be a fluke. There is a paper reporting toads abandoning a breeding site a few days before an earthquake: http://www.physorg.com/news189196529.html. There is a link to the original publication.

He hasn't been chewing on the bars again since then. We've had a number of 4.0 and greater aftershocks, but nothing big.

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2010, 10:51 pm

Lurking. :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2010, 12:12 am

They took us all into a room today and told us we all had a job, but the job was now in Portland
(I live and work in Salem).

I feel like I won the Lottery and Christmas morning all in one, however I was the only one of all thirty of us, so I had to be all serious ( I mean women were crying, men were looking haggard it wasn't real pretty) but I was jazzed! I wrote a card to my landlord making my two month notice formal in writing and mailed it immediately. I am OUTTA here! And I have a job I don't have to train for!

sweeeeeeet!

my supervisor came over and stood beside me before they broke the news, she told me later she thought she was going to have to hustle me out the door into the stairwell if I broke down emotionally, but she was shocked that I was not only on board with the idea, but I was JAZZED!

Merle