The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 3 of 1006 [ 16088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 1006  Next

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:01 pm

I was telling Serious what I colourful place this is now! :) I missed the company. I find your banter quite soothing!

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:03 pm

SeriousGirl wrote:
Shoooooooooooot, I found my marbles and they're in here!

WTF is everyone doing here? Didn't we move? The truck pulled up and packed my words off the other place. I guess I need an apartment?

Well things need to settle down a bit over there for me. I like the idea of new people and all, a lot. But sheeze everybody is sort of hell-ter skelter. I don't know where I fit as of yet. Not that i ever really fit anyplace, but that's a good thing too :wink:

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:06 pm

We all love you, Postie. Here or there or anywhere...

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 11:22 pm

Psst - don't tell the angst crowd, but the "In-Depth" part of the title is to scare off the punks who think "Adult" means "Naughty".

It does, of course, but let's not tell them that! :)

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 11:26 pm

Never mind. I had NO idea.

nannarob
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 3:52 am

Nan wrote:
tsk, tsk. look at all this rubble.

well, ~i'm~ not gonna clean it up. i always have to clean it up. somebody else clean it up. :wink:

I used to say to my family, "Just because I've got the biggest boobs doesn't mean I have to do all the work!"

I think there must be some chronic learning disability that is so prevalent among NT's that it goes unnoticed by the "experts". Krex

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 4:22 am

SeriousGirl wrote:
We all love you, Postie. Here or there or anywhere...

That's about the scariest concept that I've seen in a while. That I might have to make an emotional commitment. And not just to one but to a "We".

It does have it's potential, if we all got nakit and..... But alas, the only nakit picture I have are of me playing Uncle Salty at the office party in Octobor of 1929, not sure of the date. When was the Geat Depression? Now those were the good ol days. That was when you could really get depressed, obsessed, suppressed, regressed, get dressed and progress. Oh well, what's gone, is gone. Good news though, I have a new Uncle Salty Attire (<------traded marked, copyrighted, patented and plagerized everywhere as a USA logo). Come sit on Uncle Saltys lap and Uncle Salty will tell you a story. He'll tell you of marvels with the first thing that pops up in his mind. Uncle Salty isn't to bright at times, no, no, he's not, you must be patient with him. But he is determined, he'll spit it out in the end.

Three cheers for the USA logo!! ! Zippity! do! daa! :wink: Have a wonderful day, you all deserve it.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 4:29 am

ow, here you all are ! !
hm, strange two cafés :roll:

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 5:00 am

lemon wrote:
ow, here you all are ! !
hm, strange two cafés :roll:

Little confusing over there for me. Not exactly sure just where the cafe is. A lot of new people, which is a good thing. I just get a little over whelmed. Kind of like putting my toe in the water, rather then just plunging in.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 5:54 am

Morning all! (Well, it is, just, here - 11.28am)

I've just done it again. I thought maybe I was exaggerating, but looking at the new forum's name+description, I count a dozen age references (OK, so I'm squeezing that a bit.):

[/quote]In-Depth Adult Life Discussion
In-depth intelligent discussion for the older adults who have been living independently. It's recommended that you have the mental maturity of age 28 or older. Physical age is irrelevant as some people never grow up. Topics vary and are not limited to life issues.[/quote]

Not bad for 48 words. I'll paraphrase for ethnicity...

[/quote]In-Depth Darker-skinned Racially-prejudiced Discussion
In-depth intelligent discussion for the darker-skinned blacks who have been straightening their hair. It's recommended that you have the mental sambo-ness of darkness dark-grey or blacker. Physical albinism is irrelevant as some people never darken down. Topics vary and are not limited to racial issues.[/quote]

I have no problem with people who feel the need for that forum, but it's just not the sort of place I can feel comfortable. I attach no great significance to my age - I've been here a while, is all. Big deal? Move on. (Or, in my case, don't! :) )

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 6:15 am

While it is morning here and it is close to my night. I have been sitting thinking and pointing at random thoughts plodding in my racing brain. I have reached for a marvelous new thought, amazing since it has been weighting me down for a while. Fully fictitious of course, but I will think it true, till I prove me otherwise.

Gravity pulls up.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 8:29 am

postpaleo wrote:
Gravity pulls up.

Naturally!

I'm always surprised that most people do not seem to be aware of this fact.

Without tides, there is a good argument that evolution might not have worked so well. And how do we get tides? The moon conveniently pulls the seas up for us. The sun does its bit, too, but it's mainly the Moon's job.

And... just think how nice it is to have that big blob of fire up above our heads, for around half of each 24 hours. If the sun didn't use its gravity to pull us all up, we'd shoot off in a flash (no - not a "flash", more of a "dim") through the Oort cloud and beyond. I don't think we'd like it out there - a bit on the chilly side.

There are probably many other things to say, but our seriousness should rein us in.

Oh... "seriousness... rein in", isn't that "gravity... pull up" again?

I don't want to be reined in (pulled up). We don't want none of your steenking gravity 'round here.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 9:31 am

The gravity of this situation has me in a serious black hole. But, still I must wonder, is there a unserious black hole? I may be in limbo, stuck in the gravitys of two dark places. One serious and the other, not so serious. That must be what the enlightened wise ones mean by, stuck between a rock and a hard spot. I see a quest. I must seek the light. In search of the holy gravity, this no doubt, is serious matter. I may need a flash light or at the very least a torch. Yes, one must always have a torch on a quest. A holy hand grenade never hurts either. That came out wrong, it could smart a little. I need a torch, muffins and kippers and an insrutuction book. Yes that should do it. Hold on, I'm not going yet. To operate the holy hand grenade would one need an instruction book or a destruction book? Oh, this limbo is maddening. I shall look for our marbles while I wait for a high tide.

Also very apparent I need some sleep.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 May 2007, 9:39 am

I'm glad you are all alive and well. I got a little scraped up and my whiskers got singed, but other than that I'm still purring. I wandered into a few joints, observed (lurked), wandered some more and then followed a scent that led me here. Dino droppings. Hello. Good Morning, Good Evening.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 9:55 am

Good movening. Someone should invent a non-day-night associated greeting system. Anyway, I'm going to have a shot at matching PP's ramble. Maybe I should make it a safety match, to avoid too much confusion of the marbles? I'm feeling the need for a shrubbery, maybe two. To continue with my perambulations, I feel I should take care not to allow the thread to wander, as that would result in some very messy embroidery and the fabric of the universe might be revealed as merely holes of a darker colour than octaroon. What do I think? How should I know? Where, indeed, are the bunnies?

Where's Chuck when you need him?

?

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 10:00 am

*waves at CC*

And I need some string and duck tape. One never knows when one might need to attach a mad duck. Yes mad ducks and Englishmen, this most certainly will work.

PS (who is really my sister postscript) Thread to wander? Dude, that's what the string is for. Did you think I was going to go fly a duck or a shrubbery?