The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 1003 of 1006 [ 16088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006  Next

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2020, 4:33 pm

Shall we set aside a corner with a table that allows for proper distancing?

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2020, 5:39 pm

Nice!

Pasta with homemade sauce tonight, BTW. Elbows or shells only, though.

Alternate choice is homemade chicken soup. Sorry that I had to use breast meat in this batch due to supply issues with thigh meat.

Breakfast tomorrow is uncured thick-sliced antibiotic-free organic bacon. If you're worried about US processing plants, this came from Canada. Fresh local (brown) eggs on request.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 10:42 pm

My Wife's birthday, so we ordered Sushi. Old thing that she is, now 41. I have no idea why I put up with such old age. They get set in their ways and develop odd habits.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 10:53 pm

lau wrote:
Will cold tripe and onions, with a side dish of dingo's kidneys do?

You have a baby safe formula for that concoction? I'd like Liv to give it a whirl, maybe. I won't, well maybe I will, give up your sources man! Mathematicians don't give the answers without the equation. ;p

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2020, 11:07 pm

Snarks.

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2020, 12:49 am

postpaleo wrote:
Snarks.

First time I've seen that sign (your avatar) in English. "Attention: Chien bizarre!".

Kitchen got a small quantity of chicken thighs. So speaking of strange things, next batch of soup will be less so. Gluten-free pancakes are difficult to obtain at the moment. May have to learn to make them out of flour etc. Bacon is in stock. Eggs are as well. Meat section looked like the Eastern Bloc last time I was in the store. Hot dogs (local), hamburgers (not sure of provenance, but look OK), and leg of lamb are pretty much it. If it stops raining and warms up, we may have grilled items again soon. Mainly the former. Can't burn wet wood. Lots of bread and cold cuts available for sandwiches. Romaine lettuce, hamburger pickles. Throw a Romaine leaf to the big tan rabbit in the TV room. Better for him than junk mail or cardboard boxes. Do not feed him Life cereal or oat squares. Silly rabbit, Life cereal is for kids. Hey, HAY! That's what you're supposed to eat, rabbit. In the cage. Hay. (Rabbits, unlike cats, mind reasonably well. Just don't allow them to beg for treats).

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 3:23 pm

Archmage Arcane wrote:
Kitchen got a small quantity of chicken thighs.

Not these, right?Image

I mean, technically correct if the chickens are young, but still.

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2020, 5:05 pm

Gromit wrote:
Archmage Arcane wrote:

Not these, right?Image

Definitely not those.

Close as I get to that is grilled leg of lamb.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2020, 6:35 pm

Archmage Arcane wrote:
Gromit wrote:
Archmage Arcane wrote:

Not these, right?Image

Definitely not those.
Wonders if this is a serious label or if the packaging was mistaken .

Close as I get to that is grilled leg of lamb.

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2020, 6:56 pm

decided to stop in , take alittle break ,parts of stuff around me are crumbling need to set , maybe that spot in the corner looks comfy . little tuck androll upolstery .. soft leather . need to rest tormented mind for a piece. Maybe alittle decaf Guatemalen Antiqua coffee would make the evening nicer . Squishing myself into the soft kidskin leather . As my broken watch beeps , marking another hour has gone by .

where ever you go ,there you are

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2020, 7:54 pm

Missed the comment earlier.

That meat package was a joke, not a mistake. I guess you were too young for Wacky Package stickers. :)

Will root around for Guatemalan decaf. Only thing I have ready is generic Colombian and traditional Lebanese. Neither of those are anywhere close to decaf, but the Lebanese has 5% cardamom (does a 'time release' on the caffeine so you get a steady long-lived buzz, or in my case a state of calm mind, instead of jitters followed by crash).

Heads up for possible grilled beef roast tomorrow. Fire/oven combo yields something like an incredibly thick, juicy steak. Probably served with stir-fry veggies, because there are a lot in the freezer.

Gluten-free pancake mix continues to be ubobtainium. Core command is aware of the problem.

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2020, 9:55 am

Strange word at the end of last post should be 'unobtainium'.

Core Command says GF pancake mix can be special-ordered. I guess this really isn't the Eastern Bloc in the 80s. Rats. Was getting my sledgehammer ready to do some wall-bashing.

Breakfast treat for the Ambrose Bierce set (dawn, n. Time when men of reason go to bed):
Thick-sliced uncured antibiotic-free bacon from Canada. Ce n'est pas la même chose que 'Canadian bacon'! C'est magnifique! Fresh local eggs.

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2020, 10:45 am

Folks who missed the bacon (Desolé, ça fait tout, c'est fini!) can help themselves to pan-fried (butter, not oil or bacon grease; 'margarine' is not a polite word here) black forest ham slices.

Uncured bacon has to be cooked in batches (can't get its temp above 40F unless you're cooking it, so cook the whole 1.5lbs and that's all, folks).

Still looking at possibility of grilled chuck roast later. If we go ahead with it, anyone who wants 'saignant' had better say so before it goes from fire to oven.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 11:23 am

I seem to have started dribbling. Is this a normal reaction?

Maybe I should have said "drooling" or "salivating".

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2020, 11:43 am

Don't drool on the furniture. Pick up a napkin. :)

Don't mind the big rabbit in the box in the TV room. He's too sleepy to think outside the box, I guess. He has dandelion greens and hay, so he shouldn't be begging.

Archmage Arcane
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2020, 7:17 pm

Was able to pull off the grilled chuck roast, and it is MAGNIFICENT. Leftovers can be warmed up if you missed it.