The Dino-Aspie Ex-Café (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 4 of 1006 [ 16088 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 1006  Next

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 10:00 am

*waves at CC*

And I need some string and duck tape. One never knows when one might need to attach a mad duck. Yes mad ducks and Englishmen, this most certainly will work.

PS (who is really my sister postscript) Thread to wander? Dude, that's what the string is for. Did you think I was going to go fly a duck or a shrubbery?

lau
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 10:57 am

Aha! I think I might be winning. As my threads get longer, PP's get shorter. Yes! He is falling asleep, under the spell that I have cast. A spell of fine weather. Whether to pay the fine or not. I'd pay the piper to play a new tune, provided I knew the words. I'll just cast my bait and see if he has one last bite in him. No? Maybe he's asleep now. I sure hope so, because a) that means I win, and b) it would be good for him. I've got the goods on him. No. Not at all. That was a joke. Or was it a yoke? I could put it round his neck, the yolk. I really don't like the white of eggs. Sea slugs are the same sort of texture. You can keep 'em for the birds and bees, not me. Now where did that come from? Give me brain Madras.

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 11:07 am

lau wrote:
I'm feeling the need for a shrubbery...

A shrubbery ?!? NI!! ! Although, I must admit, it's a good idea - as a bibbler i have absolutely no bibosity. [What with the fire and shrubbery, I believe I'll forgo the green tea kindly offered, and have myself a sip of brew! There's nothing quite like a good fire to curl up next to, under a fine shrubbery, when I'm drunk off my keester. However, if I get singed or catch fire, please stone me with marbles, or create an oxygen vacuum with the holy hand grenade. (Of course, wear your scuba oxygen tank first - I remember there being one in a cartoon here about a week back, left off on a tectonic plate ridge].

Hey blessedmom (I see someone stole your stick! I know you know how to use it - whack 'em! :) ), Nan (where you been for 100 pages? Have your eyes healed yet from all that reading? :) ), SeriousGirl (good underwater fish pics! Never saw an eel like that before - with a mug like that I'll bet he has a lot of personality, er... not that I would know, of course), HartzofSpace (you let Lau off too easy. Just because a marriage promise is made under duress, exhaustion from singing, 4 hours of shooting pool, no sleep, building new web threads, and no altar doesn't let you off the hook, in my estimation), CosmicCat (good to see you crossing all the streets safely, and survived the move - 'cept for some scrapes and singes. Hope you stick around - I don't want to be the only animal here. There's only so much fetching that I'll do. I hereby state that cats and dogs don't take "orders". Unless we want to.), PostPaleo (Man, you've been writing up a storm! :) Don't forget to eat!), et al (no slight intended to anyone I've left out - I only have 3 hours to nap before I go back ter verk!)

Nannarob I used to say that too, to myself, when I'd get sick and tired of picking up after my messy self (but I said "big boots"). :)
(Well, actually, mine are small).

I'm sure that none of this probably makes sense to any of you, beings how I wrote this under the duress of sleep deprivation and low blood sugar (whereas all of my previous posts have been pristinely crystal clear and polished gems of literature. :roll: ).

Good morning/noon/midday/evening/night/movening to all!

Chuck

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 11:09 am

postpaleo wrote:
...the only nakit picture I have are of me playing Uncle Salty at the office party in Octobor of 1929, not sure of the date. When was the Geat Depression? Now those were the good ol days. That was when you could really get depressed, obsessed, suppressed, regressed, get dressed and progress. Oh well, what's gone, is gone. Good news though, I have a new Uncle Salty Attire (<------traded marked, copyrighted, patented and plagerized everywhere as a USA logo). Come sit on Uncle Saltys lap and Uncle Salty will tell you a story. He'll tell you of marvels with the first thing that pops up in his mind. Uncle Salty isn't to bright at times, no, no, he's not, you must be patient with him. But he is determined, he'll spit it out in the end.

Three cheers for the USA logo!! ! Zippity! do! daa! :wink: Have a wonderful day, you all deserve it.

Uncle Salty told me
Stories of a lonely
Baby - it's the only kind of life to lead
Mommy was lusty,
Daddy he was busted
They left her to the trust of the orphanage
But when she cried at night, no one came
And when she cried at night, went insane

Uncle Salty told me when she was just a baby
That she'd get by and maybe someday she'd see
But soon she found her mother's love for all the others
The pushers and the shovers was the life to lead

oooh, it's a sunny day outside my window
oooh, oh yeah
oooh, oh yeah, yeah yeah

Now she's doin any
For money and a penny
A sailor with a penny or two or three
Hers is the cunning
For men, they come a-runnin'
They all come for fun and it seems to me
That when she cried at night, no one came

oooh, it's a sunny day outside my window...
(repeat last line ad nauseam)

- Aerosmith, "Uncle Salty", Toys In the Attic

Sorry, you tripped the information dump - had to share! :)

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 May 2007, 11:30 am

DeaconBlues wrote:

Quote:

Thanks for sharing, Deacon. I always appreciate reading song lyrics here (or there). No need to apologize to me.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 May 2007, 11:47 am

Chuck wrote:

Quote:
CosmicCat (good to see you crossing all the streets safely, and survived the move - 'cept for some scrapes and singes. Hope you stick around - I don't want to be the only animal here. There's only so much fetching that I'll do. I hereby state that cats and dogs don't take "orders". Unless we want to.),

Good morning/noon/midday/evening/night/movening to all!

Chuck

Thanks for the welcome back. Hope you too will be pledging your time here. Now, before you leave for work I have a profession-related question for you. What are some good foods or safe herbs/vitamins for high blood pressure. My husband had a very bad reaction to TRIAMT/HCTZ after only one dose. Said he felt like he was dying, and for him to say something like this was alarming. I got him some pomegranite & blueberry juice, and made him a celery salad. He's much better today and won't be taking it again. He would like to get off medication completely and eat foods that would help him instead. He had been taking terasozin with only mild side effects. He's in very good shape with no other medical conditions.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 12:25 pm

cosmiccat wrote:
[Thanks for the welcome back. Hope you too will be pledging your time here. Now, before you leave for work I have a profession-related question for you. What are some good foods or safe herbs/vitamins for high blood pressure. My husband had a very bad reaction to TRIAMT/HCTZ after only one dose. Said he felt like he was dying, and for him to say something like this was alarming. I got him some pomegranite & blueberry juice, and made him a celery salad. He's much better today and won't be taking it again. He would like to get off medication completely and eat foods that would help him instead. He had been taking terasozin with only mild side effects. He's in very good shape with no other medical conditions.

Hi! obviously I'm not Chuck but I know some things that are good for high blood pressue. I am studying to be a natural practitioner. First I must say that he shouldn't make any medication adjustments without first consulting the Dr. . High blood pressure is not to be taken lightly. The best food for high blood pressure is the banana. Bananas are packed with potassium and magnesium. Potassium is one of the essential mineral for maintaining good blood pressure and magnesium is essential for controlling stress and central nerve function. Oranges are also good but a banana or two a day works wonders. Both of the minerals can be also be found in vitamin preparation or alone in tablets. Calcium is also important in central nervous function and an should be taken as well.
If you would like I can check my herbal encyclopedia and aromatherapy dictionary as well. I just don't have it handy at the moment. And I'm sure Chuck knows alot more about relaxation and massage than I. I'm just starting my degree. :D

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 May 2007, 12:40 pm

blessedmom wrote:

Quote:
Hi! obviously I'm not Chuck but I know some things that are good for high blood pressue. I am studying to be a natural practitioner. First I must say that he shouldn't make any medication adjustments without first consulting the Dr. . High blood pressure is not to be taken lightly. The best food for high blood pressure is the banana. Bananas are packed with potassium and magnesium. Potassium is one of the essential mineral for maintaining good blood pressure and magnesium is essential for controlling stress and central nerve function. Oranges are also good but a banana or two a day works wonders. Both of the minerals can be also be found in vitamin preparation or alone in tablets. Calcium is also important in central nervous function and an should be taken as well.
If you would like I can check my herbal encyclopedia and aromatherapy dictionary as well. I just don't have it handy at the moment. And I'm sure Chuck knows alot more about relaxation and massage than I. I'm just starting my degree. :D

Thanks Blessed. I appreciate your response to my question. I'll make sure he eats bananas and drinks orange juice and get him some calcium supplements too. I would be grateful to you for checking your encyclopedia and aromatherapy dictionary when you have a free moment.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 May 2007, 1:04 pm

Here Comes The Sun
(George Harrison)

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darlin' it feels like years since it's been here
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here
And I say it's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Little darlin' I feel the ice is slowly meltin'
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been clear
Here come the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Here come the sun, here comes the sun
It's all right, it's all right

I had to post these lyrics and send them to all of you. Somedays it's so dismal we forget the sun will be coming back, actually or metaphorically. Peace.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 2:23 pm

Not only did I send PP to sleep, but I sent myself to sleep as well.

Thanks CC. I sang your (rather George's) words.

Not too good without the music, so I refuse to record me (everyone can calm down now - panic over.)

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 2:27 pm

I was worried that I scared you both off. It seems to get quiet when I enter the area. Or maybe I just put you to sleep! :)

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 May 2007, 2:42 pm

lau wrote:
Not only did I send PP to sleep, but I sent myself to sleep as well.

Thanks CC. I sang your (rather George's) words.

Not too good without the music, so I refuse to record me (everyone can calm down now - panic over.)

I agree. The words without the music don't do it justice, especially the version by Richie Havens which I was listening to just before I posted that. I would, however, love to hear you sing it. Funny, before I heard your voice singing that Simon & Garfunkle song, whenever I read your posts I heard Simon Cowel (don't kno w how to spell his last name). Which makes me think of (don't ask me why) the time I read an entire short story in the voice of Donald Duck, but when I tried to read it aloud that way, I failed miserably. That strikes me as strange that we can't always produce with our mouths what we can with our minds. It takes a very talented person to actually be able to speak "Donald Duck" and I'm sure there are not many folks who would have the desire to do so. I'm probably one of a very few who would like to have such a gift.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 3:14 pm

postpaleo wrote:
But alas, the only nakit picture I have are of me playing Uncle Salty at the office party in Octobor of 1929, not sure of the date.

Was that the one where you are only wearing your spats? I'm not sure we love you that much! :lol:

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 5:49 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
postpaleo wrote:
...the only nakit picture I have are of me playing Uncle Salty at the office party in Octobor of 1929, not sure of the date. When was the Geat Depression? Now those were the good ol days. That was when you could really get depressed, obsessed, suppressed, regressed, get dressed and progress. Oh well, what's gone, is gone. Good news though, I have a new Uncle Salty Attire (<------traded marked, copyrighted, patented and plagerized everywhere as a USA logo). Come sit on Uncle Saltys lap and Uncle Salty will tell you a story. He'll tell you of marvels with the first thing that pops up in his mind. Uncle Salty isn't to bright at times, no, no, he's not, you must be patient with him. But he is determined, he'll spit it out in the end.

Three cheers for the USA logo!! ! Zippity! do! daa! :wink: Have a wonderful day, you all deserve it.

Uncle Salty told me
Stories of a lonely
Baby - it's the only kind of life to lead
Mommy was lusty,
Daddy he was busted
They left her to the trust of the orphanage

Uncle Salty told me when she was just a baby
That she'd get by and maybe someday she'd see
But soon she found her mother's love for all the others
The pushers and the shovers was the life to lead

oooh, oh yeah
oooh, oh yeah, yeah yeah

Now she's doin any
For money and a penny
A sailor with a penny or two or three
Hers is the cunning
For men, they come a-runnin'
They all come for fun and it seems to me
That when she cried at night, no one came

oooh, it's a sunny day outside my window...
(repeat last line ad nauseam)

Drats!! I need to move faster, getting caught to quick. I would move faster but this damn gravity slowing things down. Gots to set the controls for the heart of the sun.

I actually don't recall that song, but know I've heard it. It's even on the hard drive filed under, I'll listen to it again some day. A Salty Dog sticks in my mind when I do Uncle Salty, so nothing was dumped or tripped to much in the writing of this thank you. I keep hoping I can get my recall back better. I'm beginning to wonder just how much of that I'd really like to have. I must be careful what I wish for. Got to be a lot of stuff in me that might better be just where it is, lurking. I must admit, I do worry a little after writing something (not here) if I've plagerized with out knowing I have. The lyrics you were kind enough to find, are erie to me. But I much better understand some of where that comes from. Just putting a label to AS and finding you guys, is such a huge breath of fresh air, it really is.

Should add, I know "Toys in the Attic" is highly rated, I never seemed to get by "Draw the Line". That album stayed in repeat mode for a long time.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 7:24 pm

lau wrote:

In-Depth Adult Life Discussion
In-depth intelligent discussion for the older adults who have been living independently. It's recommended that you have the mental maturity of age 28 or older. Physical age is irrelevant as some people never grow up. Topics vary and are not limited to life issues.[/quote]

Not bad for 48 words. [/quote]

I don't know who came up with the title of the forum or the description, but I would bet it was not a single one of us who either wanted it or posted in it. It's not fair to blame us. I immediately started a thread to change the name, by the way. I think the name and the description are ridiculous. There are people there who would like to see you, Lau, including me, but I think your reasons for staying away are irrational.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 7:42 pm

Lau, lau, bo bau, banana fanna fo fau, me my mo mau, Lau!

Get on down, get on down the road...

Get on down, get on down the roooadd.

We've installed a Barcalounger for you in the new place. :lol: