Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Lesami
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2016, 7:52 pm

hi, im new to the forum and thought i should introduce myself and speak a little about myself, before engaging more in the wider forums,

my name is Lin, i have aspergers syndrome, depression, and anxiety, right now im dealing with a lot of negative emotions and pain but i can see it getting better soon,

about myself, im 21, a transgender woman, im a passionate writer, currently scripting out a comic that i am very enthusiastic for though im not really an artist, in college (UK college not US, big difference there) i got my qualifications in media studies and games design, so im a creative person, i also like leather-craft, and making and fixing things,

ive been struggling with my emotions and mental state for a long time, my gender dysphoria is a big part of this, but i can see a light at the end of the tunnel, i have a problem with over reliance on the few people i trust for emotional support, but i want to reduce that, even if i will likely never be fully independent, but in a sense those are two separate issues,

im always happy to chat and make Friends, even if i might not know whats appropriate for conversation from time to time, its something i struggle with, but regardless, i hope i can become an active person on this forum,

nice to meet you all - Lin

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

03 Oct 2016, 9:13 pm

Welcome to the Wrong Planet Lin!! ! Fellow comic book fan here. I think you will find that this is a supportive forum. I know that I have in the few short months that I have been coming here. Are you writing your comic for independent release or for an established publisher. Either way, sounds very exciting!! ! Kind regards. Shark

Lesami
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2016, 9:26 pm

im currently writing it for an independent release, i think, its a little complicated, i haven't found an artist to work with, but im enjoying writing it whatever happens, i would draw it myself but i have very little energy to spend each day, and can barley manage an hours practice, writing comes easier to me, i like being creative and it takes a lot less energy,

regardless im hoping to see it illustrated and published, its one of the few things im enthusiastic about these days,

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 1:22 pm

Welcome! What kinds of things do you write?

Lesami
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2016, 2:03 pm

currently im scripting out a multiple part story about a group of space pirates led by a black Chinese British woman as their captain, its a fun story im very much enjoying writing,

i also have a lot of other comic ideas in my head to write, though art is always a limiting factor

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 2:38 pm

Hey Lin welcome. :sunny:

Lesami
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2016, 2:39 pm

hi~ thanks for the warm welcome

Cintakmarka
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker