New here, suspected Asperger's, curious.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Quiet_Cobra
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Dec 2016, 9:44 am

Hi. I'm new on Wrong Planet and I'm fairly certain that I have Asperger's. I've suspected this for years without saying anything and I still haven't. I'm having difficulties with my friends. In school, I find it difficult not to stim and I think my friends will look at me weirdly if they notice. I want to act in the way I want to, not copy others in an attempt to look normal. Stimming in social scenarios is difficult for me at first because it makes me anxious and I have GAD. I want to feel more comfortable around my friends and be able to explain that I feel negative but I'm unsure as to how to do that.

Do your friends accept your stimming?

I'm not sure if I'm having a meltdown or a panic attack, because I'm prone to panic attacks but this feels different. What does a meltdown feel like?

I have very bad sensory issues, how do you deal with this in public?

Thank you.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 12:51 pm

Hey Quiet Cobra welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 7:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 10:25 pm

Welcome! I don't really have many friends IRL, and they don't really notice my stimming. Meltdowns feel different for everyone, but for me it's like this intense anger that I have to get out by yelling and hitting myself. I don't have really bad sensory issues so I can't answer your third question.