Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 8:11 am

Hello,

I'm a newly diagnosed Aspie girl who lives in the heart of Europe although i'm not a native there either.
English is not my main language so i'm sorry for any mistake you'll surely come across... I can speak 4 languages including Turkish, Czech and Japanese together with English although in some i might be rusty, so if you want to try any, just go on!
My favorite things are drawing, languages and computers, and i'm a straight-out-of college animator.

I don't know what else to say but i hope to find here some good company!
Thanks for reading!

Urba
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2017, 8:13 am

komamanga wrote:
Hello,

I'm a newly diagnosed Aspie girl who lives in the heart of Europe although i'm not a native there either.
English is not my main language so i'm sorry for any mistake you'll surely come across... I can speak 4 languages including Turkish, Czech and Japanese together with English although in some i might be rusty, so if you want to try any, just go on!
My favorite things are drawing, languages and computers, and i'm a straight-out-of college animator.

Thanks for reading!

Hello ! :)
I love how all the languages you speak are so different :o

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 8:46 am

Urba wrote:
komamanga wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for reading!

Hello ! :)
I love how all the languages you speak are so different :o

I guess it seems a little weird! :)

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2017, 8:57 am

Hello, welcome. :)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 8:58 am

Welcome!

I worked with two of your native compatriots (filmmakers Vojtěch "Vojtě" Jasný and František "Frank" Daniel)! I enjoyed working with them for a few years. From them, I learned that the Czech language is very interesting.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 9:03 am

komamanga wrote:
Hello,

今日は、
komamanga wrote:

Central-Europe ?
komamanga wrote:

私のために:English, français, Русский язык, 日本語、Español, Deutsch, Ελληνικα。
Not necessarily all fluent but I still make use of language-courses to refresh/improve my skill-levels.

komamanga wrote:

Not sure if I have a favourite of anything, but I am also able to do hand-drawings of animé-style characters, provided that I have a wide selection of water-colour-pencils available (36 or 48 colours), and I am regarded as somewhat of a computer-expert as far as being able to build/configure and repair them are concerned.

I see. So that's what straight-out-of-college former students do these days... joining on-line forums... ;o
⇒宇宙人です。はい。うちゅうじん。=o

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 10:23 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Welcome!

I worked with two of your native compatriots (filmmakers Vojtěch "Vojtě" Jasný and František "Frank" Daniel)! I enjoyed working with them for a few years. From them, I learned that the Czech language is very interesting.

Oh this is amazing! I've never expected to come across such a thing in this forum i guess i was very wrong!
Would you please share on which projects you worked with them? I'm not a native Czech but i have a big interest in Czech cinema :)

When it comes to Czech language, it's very difficult for a non-Slavic person to learn but it has such quirks in that you simply fall in love with it when you get into it. I'm sad that, though, many Czech people tend to not only discredit their language but also try to make it harder for you than it actually is.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 10:45 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
komamanga wrote:
Hello,

今日は、
komamanga wrote:

Central-Europe ?
komamanga wrote:

Not necessarily all fluent but I still make use of language-courses to refresh/improve my skill-levels.

komamanga wrote:

Not sure if I have a favourite of anything, but I am also able to do hand-drawings of animé-style characters, provided that I have a wide selection of water-colour-pencils available (36 or 48 colours), and I am regarded as somewhat of a computer-expert as far as being able to build/configure and repair them are concerned.

I see. So that's what straight-out-of-college former students do these days... joining on-line forums... ;o
⇒宇宙人です。はい。うちゅうじん。=o

Kakkoi desu ne, gengo ga konna ni ippai dekite... Watashi ha naganen renshuu dekinakute, nihongo de heta ni natte shimaimashita. Sore de, sumimasen ne.
Cheko ni sunde imasu, desu kara chekogo ga dekimasu.
Anata mo e wo kakimasu ne... Konna e wo mitai desu. Miseramesen ka?

Mou shigoto wo sagashite imasu. Mendokusaku naru koto mo arun desu ga shigoto ga nakute zenbu hima desu kara ka na...

Haha, koko de minna ga uchuujin desu yo... Subarashii desu ne.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 10:55 am

Welcome! It's nice to meet you. :D

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 11:03 am

komamanga wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Welcome!

Oh this is amazing! I've never expected to come across such a thing in this forum i guess i was very wrong!
Would you please share on which projects you worked with them? I'm not a native Czech but i have a big interest in Czech cinema :)

When it comes to Czech language, it's very difficult for a non-Slavic person to learn but it has such quirks in that you simply fall in love with it when you get into it. I'm sad that, though, many Czech people tend to not only discredit their language but also try to make it harder for you than it actually is.

I worked with Frank and Vojtě for a few years when we all were part of the Sundance Institute filmmakers' laboratory at Robert Redford's Sundance Mountain Resort. I worked as a technical staff projectionist, and Frank and Vojtě worked as advisers to new filmmakers. The three of us lived at a privately owned cabin complex (the smaller cabin was mine). Vojtě made Turkish coffee for my partner and I when my partner visited. Then, Vojtě "read" our fortunes and futures in the coffee grounds. Vojtě read my palm once at a staff party, too, claiming that I was "a girl!" I laughed because I am gay, and that was probably the best description he could divine about me. :-) Every year, Vojtě would show up at Sundance with a 16mm copy of one of his films from the 1960s. The film was the only remaining copy of his only remaining film in existence at the time. He literally saw the Soviet troops advancing in 1968 on his neighborhood, grabbed the film and left his home before coming to the United States and teach film in New York. With such a rare film in my care, I advised Vojtě strongly to have technicians at his university copy the film onto a high-quality videotape so we (I) wouldn't risk damaging his original copy. The next summer, he was proud to show me the videotape! I have other stories about Frank and Vojtě, but this is the short version. :wink:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 2:30 pm

そうですか、宇宙人チャン。
イヤ、こま漫画ちゃん。はい。コママンガちゃん。

まだ、ファミコンでカタカナとひらがなを書きませんか?
難しいではない。コンフィグレーション「コントロール・パネル」に「時計と言語と場所」には「所と言語」の下で「キーボードかほかの入る物ことを変化する」のオプションがある。そして、キーボードを変化することのあと、キーボードに言語を足すが出来ます!

大丈夫。やさしいでしょう。何もほかの物だら、この世界・ようこそへ!<コマ漫画に抱きしめます!>すばらしい宇宙人の抱擁たちです!^д^

komamanga wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:
komamanga wrote:
Hello,

今日は、
komamanga wrote:

Central-Europe ?
komamanga wrote:

komamanga wrote:

⇒宇宙人です。はい。うちゅうじん。=o

Kakkoi desu ne, gengo ga konna ni ippai dekite... Watashi ha naganen renshuu dekinakute, nihongo de heta ni natte shimaimashita. Sore de, sumimasen ne.

Mou shigoto wo sagashite imasu. Mendokusaku naru koto mo arun desu ga shigoto ga nakute zenbu hima desu kara ka na...

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 7:37 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
komamanga wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Welcome!

I worked with Frank and Vojtě for a few years when we all were part of the Sundance Institute filmmakers' laboratory at Robert Redford's Sundance Mountain Resort. I worked as a technical staff projectionist, and Frank and Vojtě worked as advisers to new filmmakers. The three of us lived at a privately owned cabin complex (the smaller cabin was mine). Vojtě made Turkish coffee for my partner and I when my partner visited. Then, Vojtě "read" our fortunes and futures in the coffee grounds. Vojtě read my palm once at a staff party, too, claiming that I was "a girl!" I laughed because I am gay, and that was probably the best description he could divine about me. :-) Every year, Vojtě would show up at Sundance with a 16mm copy of one of his films from the 1960s. The film was the only remaining copy of his only remaining film in existence at the time. He literally saw the Soviet troops advancing in 1968 on his neighborhood, grabbed the film and left his home before coming to the United States and teach film in New York. With such a rare film in my care, I advised Vojtě strongly to have technicians at his university copy the film onto a high-quality videotape so we (I) wouldn't risk damaging his original copy. The next summer, he was proud to show me the videotape! I have other stories about Frank and Vojtě, but this is the short version. :wink:

Amazing story, really glad to meet a person like you... I would love to listen to more of your stories and this one was particularly funny as i had no idea Vojtěch Jasný could read fortunes the Turkish style! I'm Turkish and i don't know how to do it :) And he seemingly had great skills in fortunetelling in general!
I'm also very shocked that you technically helped save his work. You are a hero!
I'm just puzzled about the name... I wonder if he really called himself Vojtě nebo Vojta? Because the familiar abbreviation of the name Vojtěch is Vojta (Or if you would like to 'cutify' things; Vojtík, Vojtíšek...)

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 4:49 am

Dou yatte keyboard wo henka suru ka yoku shitte imasu. Desu ga ro-maji de mo kaku no ha watashi koso omoshiroi desu. Omoshiroku nakute mo benri na koto mo arimasu. Kore de anata ni ha zenzen yokunakeraba, kana de kakemasu. Itte kurete ne.

Anata mo amari yasashii deshou na... Arigatou gozaimasu. Kono website ha, mou kimochi wo yoku natte agemasu...

A mou hitotsu no koto ha... Komamanga ha nihonga ja arimasen :) Suwahirigo de 'zakuro' to iu imi desu.

Ban-Dodger wrote:
そうですか、宇宙人チャン。
イヤ、こま漫画ちゃん。はい。コママンガちゃん。

まだ、ファミコンでカタカナとひらがなを書きませんか?
難しいではない。コンフィグレーション「コントロール・パネル」に「時計と言語と場所」には「所と言語」の下で「キーボードかほかの入る物ことを変化する」のオプションがある。そして、キーボードを変化することのあと、キーボードに言語を足すが出来ます!

大丈夫。やさしいでしょう。何もほかの物だら、この世界・ようこそへ!<コマ漫画に抱きしめます!>すばらしい宇宙人の抱擁たちです!^д^

komamanga wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:
komamanga wrote:
Hello,

今日は、
komamanga wrote:

Central-Europe ?
komamanga wrote:

komamanga wrote:

⇒宇宙人です。はい。うちゅうじん。=o

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2017, 4:52 am

TheAP and Hippiegoth, Thank you :)

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 8:51 pm

Welcome to wrongplanet as I hope your stay and tenure here will a most pleasant and meaningful one.
I tend to be the wrongplanet member whom constantly changes his avatar.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 9:05 pm

komamanga wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
komamanga wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Welcome!

Amazing story, really glad to meet a person like you... I would love to listen to more of your stories and this one was particularly funny as i had no idea Vojtěch Jasný could read fortunes the Turkish style! I'm Turkish and i don't know how to do it :) And he seemingly had great skills in fortunetelling in general!
I'm also very shocked that you technically helped save his work. You are a hero!
I'm just puzzled about the name... I wonder if he really called himself Vojtě nebo Vojta? Because the familiar abbreviation of the name Vojtěch is Vojta (Or if you would like to 'cutify' things; Vojtík, Vojtíšek...)

Thank you for correcting my spelling of Vojta's name! I simply thought that it was truncated, not spelled differently. I wondered if Vojta was simply playing a game with me, and didn't really know how to read fortunes. But, it was quite entertaining anyway. I don't see myself as any hero. I was simply trying to avoid destroying his film. I am glad to have met you, too! I haven't told many people these stories.