Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2023, 1:43 am

hey guys
i've been lurking on these forums for quite a while now and think now is a good time to be more active in the community

i am a 26 year old male, born and bred in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

for those that haven't been here, Melbourne is a great place to be. our community is vibrant and diverse. something which i am proud to be a part of, as i have an immigrant background.
There's always something to do, whether it be partaking in one of the many events held throughout the town or checking out some of the natural beauty of the city.
While i am proud of my city, it has been a lifelong ambition of mine to visit the united states and get a feel of what America is like in real life, compared to what i have seen on the television set and computer screen.

i was diagnosed with high functioning autism when i was 7 years old.
i knew relatively little about the condition in my childhood, as i received very little guidance specific to the condition.
in recent years, i have been researching more ASD as a whole, and the life experiences of those that have it. i am beginning to learn a lot more about myself and some of my unique characteristics, in some ways being affirmed that being different from others is something that should not negatively affect ones self esteem.

i am a professional cleaner by day. I enjoy this occupation as it excites the part of my brain that enjoys order and cleanliness. in my off time, i enjoy meditation, bike riding and watching videos through YouTube

i'm a little shy, so i may not be overly active here. but i really do enjoy meeting new people and hearing what they have to say.

- jamie

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 7:24 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. We on Wrong Planet are a very diverse group.
Within my life, I found that I produced two different personalities. One for work and one for home. It was like I created two different people of me. That structure worked well. Now I am 3/4s of a century old and still ticking.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 2:53 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you keep visiting it.

And I hope you someday get to visit the U.S....but be forewarned...different parts of the U.S. are different from each other. And they have different things to see and do. Doing a thorough visit of the U.S. could take a long time and many miles kilometers of travel.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:33 pm

Welcome to WP! :alien:

The U.S has a different vibe in person than how it is presented on television, for example, but it's not wholly removed from the television experience.

Have fun posting on the forum! :)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 3:56 pm

Welcome james00..hope you enjoy your visits here. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 4:10 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 4:53 pm

Welcome Jamie, I have always wanted to visit Australia.. glad you are with us

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson