Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 8:08 am

I wouldn't say it's controversial, alot of people I've met don't like pets. For various reasons. I'm fine with that choice.

GA

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 5:24 am

Other people smoking smelly cigarettes near me (some brands have a really awful stench while others are just tolerable eg. Alpine Menthols).

Two-faced, backstabbing people.

Dobbers.

Smelly people.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 9:48 am

TV. I swear to god. Comercials are generally so incredible stupid that i can't f*****g stand TV. And most of the shows are so boring, low grade, and idiotic that it isn't much worth suffering through the comercials. If however i am in a vengeful mood i can watch TV and just imagine blowing stupid, annoying peoples heads off with a shotgun and their corpse falls to the ground and people just walk over it like nothing had happened. Then. That is one HELL of an entertaining medium.

Pettiness. I'm sorry to bring this up, since grammar seems important to some of you, but i think that calling people out on their grammar is a bit petty. If they're screwin' up something which makes the text ambiguous or confusing, then i can see ASKING for clarification. But besides that it is just kinder to give them the benefit of the doubt. Might be a typo, or at least they know what the word means if not how it is spelled. Or a lot of other doubts that can exist about peoples intents.

But other than that, i just dislike pettiness. It occurs in politics often, and every time i see someone actually getting support for a petty reason i swear i wanna saw my own arm off. Just SHRK SHRK AWWWWWW-YEAH! The pain of my spurting bloody stump distracts me REAL WELL from that nonsense known as reality!

That is all i can think of right now.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 7:59 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 11:32 pm

Sophist wrote:
1. TAILGATERS

2. ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS

3. SMOKERS (in my space)

4. THOSE ACTIONS WHICH I DEEM ILLOGICAL AND IDIOTIC (often,Tailgaters, Republicans, and Smokers all fall into this category as well)

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Hear, Hear!!

Also ignorant/racist/otherwise prejudiced people. Stupid people are OK because they can't help it

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 2:16 am

This is my pet peeve:

When I am waiting in a row of traffic at a junction and the traffic lights change to green why does it take so long to get the line of cars moving.

I don't understand ~ even if I am at the back of a long queue I can start moving my car as soon as the lights change ~ why can't other people.

First the front car moves, then the next one and so on all down the line until it gets to the cars at the back about a minute later.

If everyone in the queue was watching the lights, as they should, then the whole queue of traffic should start to move at the same time as though it was one vehicle.

:?

I wonder why it is called a pet peeve!

~ and are there any other types of peeve not suitable for keeping as pets. :lol:

Any suggestions as to what I should be feeding my pet peeve?

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 5:30 am

Anal-retentive, nit-picking people who make up petty and stupid rules.

This season's Big Brother on Australian TV.

Undependable people.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 5:51 am

Asparval wrote:
This is my pet peeve:

When I am waiting in a row of traffic at a junction and the traffic lights change to green why does it take so long to get the line of cars moving.

I don't understand ~ even if I am at the back of a long queue I can start moving my car as soon as the lights change ~ why can't other people.

First the front car moves, then the next one and so on all down the line until it gets to the cars at the back about a minute later.

If everyone in the queue was watching the lights, as they should, then the whole queue of traffic should start to move at the same time as though it was one vehicle.

:?

I've actually been in car waiting at the lights, way back down the line. By the time we were moving the lights had already changed to red. (this is partially because the lights at that intersection change very quickly)

GA

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 7:38 am

Bigots. :evil:
People who think its ok to tell you how to live your life - and try to force you to change or convert you to their way of thinking/lifestyle/religion. (see bigots, and add Jehovah's Witnesses, soapbox preachers, most conservatives in general but particularly politicians and commentators, small-minded neighbours, clerics, meddling Labour politicians, social workers, advertisers... the list goes on)
Chavs. :evil:
Squealing kids voices, particularly in South of England accents - sets my teeth on edge.
Snobbery. :P
People who can't drive, but insist on doing so.
Being talked down to or manipulated. :evil:
The Daily Mail - reactionary, little Englander, petty, self-righteous, hate-filled, sensationalist drivel dressed up as common sense and decency. :evil:
The British National Party and their supporters. Someone please round up these s**theads and exile them to St. Helena. :twisted:

That'll do for now, before I turn into Victor Meldrew... :lol:

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

rumio
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jul 2005, 2:31 pm

here's a personal one

amplified buskers, hate 'em

these are people who set up a 10,000 watt PA system in a prominent position in the city centre and afflict the world with a horrible karaoke style backing tape over which they play an inane melody on electric guitar or saxophone and expect us all to thank them by giving money

who do they think they are? I'd gladly give them money if it was in return for them packing up and never coming back

I've got no problem with buskers per se

if they're rubbish you don't have to put up with it for very long as you pass by and if they're good then it's great but when it's really really loud and total crap as well it does my head in

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 8:29 pm

timkibler wrote:
someone rubbing styrofoam products together - like those coolers people take to picnics. Worse than fingernails on a blackboard.

I hear ya, brother. I can't stand it.

Mine include (note I said include, because there is no way I can list all of them)

nit picky internet people
narrow minded people
immature people
people that aren't sincere
liars
unloyal people
people getting in my way
people dawdling when i'm in a rush
Anime
Computer geeks

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 10:08 pm

When i am at the start of the line of cars, the second the light turns green i floor it as fast as i can without squealing. Not because i'm trying to beat anyone else. Not because i think it will make a difference in the time it will take getting home. But because it means the guy behind me can accelerate as fast as HE wants and the line can get moving quicker.

But the reason that the line gets moving so slowly is that when the light turns green every car doesn't start accelerating at the same rate at the same time. Each car waits until the car just ahead of it starts moving before they even let off the brake. And cars have different capacities for acceleration. The only thing you really can blame anyone for is those people who CHOOSE to accelerate slowly when they could accelerate faster.

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 2:25 am

Quote:
nit picky internet people
narrow minded people
immature people
people that aren't sincere
liars
unloyal people
people getting in my way
people dawdling when i'm in a rush
Anime
Computer geeks

I am at least two of those :lol: ~ I am a hale_bop pet peeve.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2005, 5:23 am

People who blame parents for everything that goes wrong with children.

People who try to change me to suit themselves.

Canned laughter tracks on shite-coms.

Stale popcorn.

Rancid foot odour.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

ILikeStuff
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jul 2005, 9:02 am

I've definitely got to agree with the commercials thing. Advertising in general is, for me, a stress induced aneurysm waiting to happen. The worst are the pharmaceutical commercials. There was a spot for Allegra some time ago in which they showed the allergy sufferer in a field of flowers popping a pill into her mouth. I hate to think of what the commercial would've looked like had Allegra been a suppository.

The following words: extreme, energetic, productivity, cookie, and pundit.

The following expressions: "bite the bullet," "gotta jet," and "middle man."

I loathe the green line (one of Boston's subway lines). It comes when it wants, leaves when it knows you'll be close enough to the station to see the train but not close enough to make it, randomly goes express, and smells like...oh god I can't even describe it...maybe a kind of mix of boiled cabbage, armpit, and doritos.

People who try to get me to "come out of my shell."

The DaVinci Code

Singers who don't write their own music but call themselves artists.

Trying to remember my pet peeves.

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jul 2005, 1:51 pm

Tardiness has to be my #1 pet peeve. This includes me being late, or someone else being late. I don't understand why some people are constantly late. Do they not know how to tell time? If it's just once in a while that it's done, I can let it go, but not when people make a habit of it.