Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

romanax
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jun 2018, 5:19 pm

I have not posted here in a long time. I have not been cured of Asperger's syndrome, but I have made a lot of progress. I have eliminated nearly all anxiety and fear; I can even be an extrovert if I like. I have not become standard, not will I ever be standard.
There were helpful steps for me along the way. I am a veteran; I served 3-1/2 years in the Air Force during the Vietnam war. At the time, I really hated it, but it did teach me how to live away from home and how to interact with others a bit.
After I graduated from high school, I developed a libido. I wanted a woman in my life and eventually got married. I was married for for 30 years before my wife died.
I am a non-binary person; I was not born with a fixed gender identity. I took up crossdressing when I got married, but I was very angry. When my wife died, I learned that my narcissist stepson had bullied her behind my back and made her very sick. I have a lot of bad interactions with narcissists. I am in my 14th year living as a woman. As a woman, I get harassed a lot less, and I can have manners and socials skills without people constantly correcting me.
I went back to my Buddhist mediation practice after my wife died. I am good at meditating. People want to argue with me about Buddhist philosophy, but I teach by example, not argument. I got rid of my anger problems and received a lot of insight. My view of reality changed radically.
I am now very articulate and can even do public speaking. I never lie about anything. I can function as well as almost any NT, but I choose not to act like one. Strangely, Asperger experts are not interested in my story, since I did not become standard.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 9:22 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 7:31 am

Welcome back to the site. Shedding fear is the path towards remediation of many of the negative characteristics exhibited by Aspies.