Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ju5t4n3rd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jun 2019, 2:34 pm

I guess this is as good of a way as any to introduce myself, so here I go!

My name is Jess (Jessica for long, but I hardly ever refer to myself with my full name... Long story, haha). I am 23 years old, living independently in the Midwest and working an office job with a deep love for Dungeons & Dragons, playing Zelda, and hanging out with my cats. I am bisexual, non-binary, and in a long distance relationship with my partner who lives on the East Coast. For our year anniversary in September, I am actually going to be moving in with him!

I love Kingdom Hearts (Kairi is my icon right now), and I love writing. I've been writing since I was 10 years old and it's something that has always comforted me. I also really like to hike and go camping; I love to just immerse myself in nature and my own imagination for hours on end.

I was formally diagnosed with ADHD, general anxiety disorder, cluster post-traumatic stress disorder, and general depression when I was 17 years old. I moved out when I was 18 and have not had consistent therapy/counseling since.

A friend of mine posted a very long and detailed symptom list of Autism in women, and I was a little surprised to see that I deeply identified with nearly every bullet point. The ones that I didn't relate to now, I noticed that they were aspects of my life that I've worked extra hard to resolve, and were extra hard for me in the past.

I've been reading every resource I can get my hands on. I've been following blogs, watching vlogs, the whole nine yards. And everything I read just resonates with me deeper, and reminds me of my childhood. I've been trying to take apart each aspect of memories; Which part was me living in a toxic household, which part was a hyper-fixation, which part was me sacrificing my comfort for the sake of coming across as 'normal' to make friends?

It's been a very confusing time, and a friend recommended this community. I haven't really talked to anyone in my life about this, maybe just 2 or 3 people, just because I know a lot of people care about a formal diagnosis(myself included, to some extent). But due to me moving, I don't want to go through all the stress of trying to get a diagnosis while I'm trying to literally get my life together in a box for my big move.

I am happy to be here and to learn more about myself and others and how diverse and wonderful our neurosis can be! :heart:

-Jess

I love cats!! !

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 7:06 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 7:26 pm

Welcome Jess!

i have one lap cat. :D

BTDT

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 9:47 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! I had many cats over the years. The breed I like the most is a Maine Coon. It is a very unusual cat. I had one that was polydactylism (having one or more extra toes on the feet). Mine had 6 toes on each foot. It was a very calm and gentle giant. I remember when it was young, its feet were twice the size of a normal cat. When a dog approaches my cat, it would act differently than other cats. Instead of hissing at the dog, it sat silently still and if it was disinterested. But if the dog got too close the cat would take a swipe at the dog and the dog retreated in horror.