Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Vegetubby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2019, 9:28 am

Hi everybody! I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of years now, but never joined or posted anything because of some pretty bad social anxiety. But I thought I would be brave for once (and also I'm sleep deprived), so here I am, posting away!

A little bit about me if anyone's interested: I'm a 26 year old female from Sweden, formally diagnosed with aspergers in 2004 at the age of 11. Somewhat rusty at english, lol. I can't really socialize in real life, so I was hoping I'd have better luck here, or at the very least get some practice in. Anyway, it's nice to meet ya'll!

LiverpoolDave
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Aug 2019, 9:47 am

Welcome to the forum!

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 10:20 am

Vegetubby wrote:
Hi everybody! I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of years now, but never joined or posted anything because of some pretty bad social anxiety. But I thought I would be brave for once (and also I'm sleep deprived), so here I am, posting away!

A little bit about me if anyone's interested: I'm a 26 year old female from Sweden, formally diagnosed with aspergers in 2004 at the age of 11. Somewhat rusty at english, lol. I can't really socialize in real life, so I was hoping I'd have better luck here, or at the very least get some practice in. Anyway, it's nice to meet ya'll!

Welcome :) I've recently joined after lurking too and also have social anxiety. Well done for being brave! :D

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 2:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 4:14 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 8:01 pm

Welcome to WP. I have a grandson and daughter-in-law living in Stockholm, so I feel warmly towards Sweden and Swedes.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 9:36 pm

So nice to meet you, I'm glad you posted. Welcome to Wrong Planet! :heart: :nerdy:

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2019, 8:34 am

Welcome

UnlikelySurface
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Aug 2019, 9:33 pm

Vegetubby wrote:

Hi, and CONGRATULATIONS on beating the social anxiety on this! I know that can be extremely difficult, or even impossible sometimes. But you made it possible this time and that will make it slightly easier next time. Go you! :D

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2019, 7:27 pm

Hi and welcome :) ! You've done well to post in spite of your anxiety. Good to have you with us. I'm looking forward to visiting Sweden one day. I made it to Norway last year and loved it in the February snow!