New Member with High Functioning Autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

sta3535
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 May 2019, 2:08 am

Hello,

I decided to join this forum because I have high functioning/mild autism. I'm 21 years old & currently in college (on break during the summer).

I was diagnosed during my preschool years & went through various interventions/therapy while growing up. Today, I drive, work part time (on & off in between college), & plan on working for a sports team (equipment/behind the scenes work) after I graduate.

Even though I still have some difficulties here & there, I'm continuously learning from my mistakes & how to become successful in the future.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 11:29 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

crstlgls
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jun 2019, 7:49 pm

I'm kind of new, too. Only been on the forum for a month so far. My moods go up and down a lot and I have trouble reading social cues. I have sensory issues with touch and sound. I hear weighted blankets are supposed to help the tactile sensitivity and am thinking about getting one, but I need a box spring to put it on first. Nonetheless, i think I would like the feeling of a weighted blanket. I've only posted 5 times thus far, so i'm just getting the hang of the rules and not posting hyperlinks or personal information, but just discussing my diagnosis. I'm diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 7:58 pm

^^^hiha crstlgls :) welcome to our club :alien: :alien: :alien:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2019, 10:15 pm

crstlgls wrote:
I'm kind of new, too. Only been on the forum for a month so far. My moods go up and down a lot and I have trouble reading social cues. I have sensory issues with touch and sound. I hear weighted blankets are supposed to help the tactile sensitivity and am thinking about getting one, but I need a box spring to put it on first. Nonetheless, i think I would like the feeling of a weighted blanket. I've only posted 5 times thus far, so i'm just getting the hang of the rules and not posting hyperlinks or personal information, but just discussing my diagnosis. I'm diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)