Seek Friends, even Motivational Friends

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

vividreamer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jul 2019, 11:23 am

Maybe there's someone here who seems somewhat like me who'd like to be friends (online or real life) or even just motivational friends to help inspire & motivate each other on our projects. Presently I have no friends, but have a lot of projects which is difficult for me to find motivation to work on them because life seems pointless without anyone to share it with. I can make plenty of friends but none who are even close to being like me.

I haven't been diagnosed but tests show I'm barely slightly AS. I'm generation X who loves science but also very open-minded & interested in spirituality in hopes of finding truth. That's me, a truth seeker. :D Please see my profile for details. Thanks!

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2019, 6:07 pm

Welcome to wrongplanet!

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 1:29 am

vividreamer wrote:
Maybe there's someone here who seems somewhat like me who'd like to be friends (online or real life) or even just motivational friends to help inspire & motivate each other on our projects. Presently I have no friends, but have a lot of projects which is difficult for me to find motivation to work on them because life seems pointless without anyone to share it with. I can make plenty of friends but none who are even close to being like me.

What general kind of projects, if you feel comfortable talking about them?

vividreamer wrote:
I haven't been diagnosed but tests show I'm barely slightly AS. I'm generation X who loves science but also very open-minded & interested in spirituality in hopes of finding truth. That's me, a truth seeker. :D Please see my profile for details. Thanks!

What kind of spirituality?

There are support groups for autistic adults in various parts of California. (I'd look them up for you if your profile were a little more specific about what general part of California you live in. Hopefully you can find them yourself via Google.)

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

vividreamer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jul 2019, 11:05 am

Thanks for the welcomes!

Hi Mona,

I probably have over a dozen projects but the one I'm working on now is a metal detector to find deep gold in the wilderness. Hopefully it will find lots of deep gold nuggets. If not, then at least it will be nice to get out to nature.

As for spirituality there's nothing specific. I would just like to figure out the nature of reality. That's all. :wink: Although I'm a big fan of mainstream science and a part of it, I'm probably more open-minded than most scientists because I've caught far too many paranormal events on camera. That can be a sensitive topic that I prefer to keep in private conversations.

Thanks for asking

PurpleReject
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jul 2019, 10:28 pm

Hello! Welcome to the site! I'm also a spiritual Aspie from California, here to meet new friends. Feel free to chat any time. :D

vividreamer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jul 2019, 8:51 am

Hi everyone. In my "Biographical Info" there's a lot of details about me, but when I go to my profile page it doesn't seem to be there. All this time I thought people could see it. :(

I hope it's okay to give a link to a place where people can read about me. I could post it here but would rather not post my details in a forum thread.

https://www.autismforums.com/members/unreality.17593/

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2019, 12:24 pm

vividreamer wrote:
Hi everyone. In my "Biographical Info" there's a lot of details about me, but when I go to my profile page it doesn't seem to be there. All this time I thought people could see it. :(

I hope it's okay to give a link to a place where people can read about me. I could post it here but would rather not post my details in a forum thread.

https://www.autismforums.com/members/unreality.17593/

You could put the above link along with maybe a few lines of basic biographical info into a signature. To create a signature, click on "My Account" (at the top of every page), then click "Edit Signature" (in the left side column under "Options"), then type your signature text in the big text area, then click "Submit" at the bottom.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 6:36 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)