Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 2:39 am

Hi. I'm D. I have autism, tourette, ADHD, OCD, and more.

I have a difficult time expressing myself, cos I feel like my words and thoughts have no weight or value.

I have a difficult time taking action, cos I feel like my actions are meaningless.

I have a difficult time allowing myself to succeed, cos I felt more punished by success than rewarded.

I have a difficult time taking opportunities, cos I feel like I don't deserve them, or others deserve them more.

I have a difficult time showing my talents, cos I feel like I'm just showing off.

I have a difficult time sharing my creations, cos I feel like nobody would be interested.

I have a difficult time talking about how I feel, cos I feel like I'm just complaining, and nobody is interested anyways.

I have no idea what I'm doing here...

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 1:13 pm

Hi and welcome :)! Your words do matter, and I hope you enjoy posting here and meeting others who likely feel very similar to you. Good to have you with us.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 5:59 pm

Hi and Welcome. Maybe this place will help you understand yourself better :D.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 6:03 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 6:06 pm

Hello.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 7:33 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Hi. I'm D. I have autism, tourette, ADHD, OCD, and more.
I have a difficult time expressing myself, cos I feel like my words and thoughts have no weight or value.

I can emphatize with that, for me it's more like my words and thoughts don't matter, and I'm likely to be misunderstood anyways so what's the use.
Quote:
I have a difficult time taking action, cos I feel like my actions are meaningless.

Yep.
Quote:
I have a difficult time allowing myself to succeed, cos I felt more punished by success than rewarded.
I have a difficult time taking opportunities, cos I feel like I don't deserve them, or others deserve them more.

Who am I to... I'm just this...
That's me.
Quote:
I have a difficult time showing my talents, cos I feel like I'm just showing off.

Or get caught with showing a talent that really isn't anything special. Kind of the same, I guess.
Quote:
I have a difficult time sharing my creations, cos I feel like nobody would be interested.

Or dismiss them as inferior.
Quote:
I have a difficult time talking about how I feel, cos I feel like I'm just complaining, and nobody is interested anyways.

That, and being articulate enough to explain without being tedious, easier to just shut up and stay to myself.
Quote:
I have no idea what I'm doing here...

Not sure myself what I'm here for, but I'll give it a chance for a bit.

/Mats

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2020, 9:03 pm

Juliette - Thank you for the welcome.

CarlM - Thanks. Sometimes I understand myself only too well. Like, I can tell you exactly what life events started, and perpetuated, each of those feelings and hangups. I had a lot of trouble opening up to therapists, so I studied psychology in college so I could figure myself out on my own. It mostly works, but sometimes, while it may help me figure out WHY I do a thing, it doesn't always help me figure out HOW to *change* the thing. Maybe I'll find some of that "how" while I'm here.

Tim_Tex - Thank you.

Mountain Goat - And hello to you as well.

mohsart - Misunderstood also happens to me a lot. I can deal with not being good at something I like doing, but it bothers me to think that people think I'm only doing it to show off. It's irrational, but I can't shake it. There's a few things I'm rather good at, hard for me to share those, too. "Shut up and stay to myself" is usually what I do as well.

Ok, I guess I'll share a few more things. I'm a trained automotive, marine, and computer technician. I have a liberal arts degree, am in my last semester for a BAS in management, and applying to grad school for an MBA. I'm building and modifying an old 90's nissan into some kind of racecar thing. I have a motorcycle license, and I can pilot a boat. In both chemistry classes in college, I spilled acid on myself. Hydrochloric the first time. Acetic the second time. I've caught fire more times than I can remember. I occasionally forget to eat.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 4:40 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:24 pm

I think you will love this place. :)

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2020, 2:49 am

AnonymousAnonymous - Thank you for the welcome.

Mountain Goat - It would be lovely if that were to happen. I am cautious though. Aside from a car forum I used to post on, my experience on forums has been generally negative. I have the energy to keep trying, just - which is why I'm here - but if I'm honest, I feel so emotionally worn out, I don't know that I have the energy to add optimism to effort.

Aside from the spaces I create for myself, I tend to feel like a stranger in a strange land no matter what company I try to keep. It's been so long since it felt like what I wanted mattered, I couldn't really even tell you what I even want. It's not a question I'm used to considering. Sometimes I feel like a Dr Who creature, only moving when nobody is looking, or always just outside of view. A ghost that can interact with the world, but isn't actually a part of it.

Still gonna give it a swing tho.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2020, 8:45 am

Welcome

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2020, 9:42 am

Hi, welcome to 16P! You'll like this place.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 1:44 pm

Aquafelix & The Unleasher - Thanks

I am still unsure. I've been reading around for a while now, and I still don't quite feel comfortable really opening up here. Not about the things I most wanted to discuss.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 4:42 pm

Car forum. Nice. I am on model railway forums.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2020, 11:36 pm

Mountain Goat - Cars have been my number one special interest since I could talk, basically. I was on a nissan forum cos I have an old 90's nissan coupe that I've been turning into a street monster. Cars mean a lot to me, and this car is extra special. But hardly anyone goes on that forum anymore.

Are you only into model trains, or do you like full sized ones, too? A long time ago I had a Lionel cast-metal steam locomotive set with chuffing coal car and smoking stack. Kinda wish I still had it. What do you like about trains?

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2020, 8:58 am

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find it useful and enjoy it here :D