Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

deathtoslippers
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jul 2020, 6:56 pm

Hi everyone that may read this :-)
Although I started this account a couple of years ago now, I have not really used it which is a shame because from spending my time here there seems to be so many lovely and fantastic people to speak to ! !

I will introduce myself now. My name is Molly and I'm female from England.
Some of my hobbies include painting and drawing and just art overall. Actually a couple of weeks ago I treated myself to some new, high quality coloring pencils and they smelt very good. But anyways :-) I also love music, mainly grunge and 90s music such as Nirvana (I am a genuine fan and I will take that statement to the battle if I have to), Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Limp Bizkit, Marilyn Manson etc. But I also really enjoy other artists too such as Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Bjork, Beck, The Chemical Brothers, Mogwai and such.
Other than that I am a huge movie fan, and I really enjoy films and discussing them. Some of my favourites include The Lost Boys, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, Hereditary, American Psycho, Velvet Goldmine, Mirrormask, Possum, Alice in Wonderland (the original animation), Girl Interrupted, Closer, Shallow Hal.
Basically my taste in everything is across a range of genres but they typically tend to fall into alternative somehow :-) Itd be great to talk about any of these listed favourites with anyone who also likes them ! !
A few random special interests of mine include anatomy mainly fetuses, orange lilies, Kurt Cobain, Hello Kitty (embarrassing to admit), teeth, strange accessories, flowers in general and creepy videos.

To describe my personality will take a while, as struggling with a bipolar related identity crisis has caused me to lose track of it. But I do know that I am always and always have been very open minded to everything, and not judgemental. Although I struggle to express kindness, I consider myself to be a sometimes overly considerate and friendly person. I do not allow people to push me over but my natural instinct is to help others as much as possible in my own ways. Overall, I have a lot to say about every topic that can come up, and anything to me can be made interesting or fun to discuss. I think this is because of my lack of social expression skills, I have a lot of thoughts that tend to pour out when I am comfortable (sometimes even when im not which is..interesting to say the least) I do not enjoy small talk at all. I do not like people who are not willing to be open minded or accepting of others. I do not like people who don't try to understand people.

I would love to talk to anyone, even if my interests do not align with yours, I'm very happy with discussing anything you might like :)

Thank you for reading if you got this far!! Haha :lol:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2020, 7:18 pm

Boards of Canada & Mogwai are staples for me.

I only really post in the bar anymore but it's cool to see new people anyway.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2020, 7:26 pm

Welcome! :mrgreen:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 12:44 pm

Howdy, welcome to Wrong Planet! :mrgreen:

deathtoslippers wrote:
A few random special interests of mine include anatomy mainly fetuses,

It's nice to see someone else who has anatomy as one of their special interests. lol

What interests you about the anatomy of fetuses specifically, is it the development of them?

deathtoslippers
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jul 2020, 2:46 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Howdy, welcome to Wrong Planet! :mrgreen:

deathtoslippers wrote:
A few random special interests of mine include anatomy mainly fetuses,

It's nice to see someone else who has anatomy as one of their special interests. lol

What interests you about the anatomy of fetuses specifically, is it the development of them?

Hello :-). Thank you for the welcome ! !

I think my interest is mainly based on the fact that they are the part of the simplest version of ourselves, kind of like a clean slate? But also being autistic means your brain develops differently, ive always found it fascinating that we all develop in certain ways that sometimes are never in someones control.
I think the interest stems from my lack of interest in social constructs, yet its so innate to us. Its not even really a clean slate.. the way we develop can set us up for a completely different life to if we were to develop all the same, like how we're going to inevitably be altered somehow if our brain develops to become neurodivergent.
I just also think fetuses are beautiful, theres typically no exposure to the outside world, no corruption yet but I guess one could argue that depends on if the mother decides to do things such as smoke or drink alcohol during pregnancy.
Its nothing in particular, just thoughts! Nothing factual here.

What interests you about anatomy?
Its also nice to meet you!

deathtoslippers
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jul 2020, 2:47 pm

greenmm37 wrote:
Welcome! :mrgreen:

Hi! Thank you for the welcome :-) hope you're doing okay whatever you may be up to when you read this :-)

deathtoslippers
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jul 2020, 2:52 pm

cberg wrote:
Boards of Canada & Mogwai are staples for me.

I only really post in the bar anymore but it's cool to see new people anyway.

Hi :-) Its great to find a fellow fan, especially of BOC.
I personally think everyone should give Boards of Canada a listen! Ive found the music helps me lose my current thoughts and just explore the sounds in my mind.

Do you have a similar experience with them?

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 2:58 pm

Welcome to WP :)

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 3:03 pm

Welcome! Here you'll find some others who are about your age:
viewtopic.php?t=385293

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 3:10 pm

deathtoslippers wrote:

I think my interest is mainly based on the fact that they are the part of the simplest version of ourselves, kind of like a clean slate? But also being autistic means your brain develops differently, ive always found it fascinating that we all develop in certain ways that sometimes are never in someones control.
I think the interest stems from my lack of interest in social constructs, yet its so innate to us. Its not even really a clean slate.. the way we develop can set us up for a completely different life to if we were to develop all the same, like how we're going to inevitably be altered somehow if our brain develops to become neurodivergent.
I just also think fetuses are beautiful, theres typically no exposure to the outside world, no corruption yet but I guess one could argue that depends on if the mother decides to do things such as smoke or drink alcohol during pregnancy.

It's nice to meet you, too!

Fetuses are interesting to me in a slightly similar way, with them being such a seemingly simple start to an organism that then develops into an infant in a matter months. It's also interesting to see how they change throughout their development and how similar they can be to the fetuses of other animals.

Regarding general anatomy I've been drawn to it because it's nice to learn why the parts of an organism are structured the way they are, and how all of those systems function together. Seemingly slight anatomical changes, like you said with autism and the brain developing differently, can also have huge differences in how an organism functions which is amazing.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 6:30 pm

Welcome aboard.

Why do I feel like you'd direct really interesting music videos? :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

deathtoslippers
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2020, 9:59 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
deathtoslippers wrote:

It's nice to meet you, too!

Fetuses are interesting to me in a slightly similar way, with them being such a seemingly simple start to an organism that then develops into an infant in a matter months. It's also interesting to see how they change throughout their development and how similar they can be to the fetuses of other animals.

Regarding general anatomy I've been drawn to it because it's nice to learn why the parts of an organism are structured the way they are, and how all of those systems function together. Seemingly slight anatomical changes, like you said with autism and the brain developing differently, can also have huge differences in how an organism functions which is amazing.

Ah thats quite similar, its really interesting right? Yes I also find it astonishing how everything fits so well together, even if some parts don't work as they are meant to, but yes even slight changes can alter how we function as people, whether it be throughout our lives or just in certain aspects such as socially but those things can be altered. Its so odd to me.

Its even odder but great to find someone else who is also fascinated by anatomy, I think we take it for granted the amount of stuff within us and what it means for us throughout life. Sometimes I also find it uplifting, I'm not sure if you also see it like this but, whenever I feel down or insecure, I enjoy reminding myself that I have everything intact and that without those things I wouldn't be able to listen to my favourite music for example or be aware of people who exist that are great, or even be typing this right now if it weren't for my anatomy and mind. Its great! :-) Of course a lot deeper than that but still, great!

deathtoslippers
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2020, 10:08 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Welcome aboard.

Why do I feel like you'd direct really interesting music videos? :mrgreen:

Hi, thank you ! :-)
Wow, I honestly take that as a compliment :-) I honestly envision something from my mind in regards to a music video would definitely fall along the lines of the video for Heart-Shaped Box..! ! Or a Brothers Quay video animation-type thing..
Creepy yet anatomical and beautiful is the "theme" I tend to lean towards in everything I possibly can.
Thank you for the comment! Its made my day :-)