Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ladina
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2020, 3:33 pm

I'm a 26-year-old woman from Brazil. I'm diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and have suspected bipolar II. I've been researching about autism since 2016. A former psychiatrist of mine said I could have "slight Asperger's", but she didn't get into details, and I've since switched doctors.

I've trying to think of a way to talk to my current psychiatrist about the possibility of me being autistic. I know I will have to write about that since I can't elaborate on things out loud. Any tips are appreciated.

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Aug 2020, 4:18 pm

Welcome!!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 4:37 pm

Welcome aboard!

The only tips I can give you...

• When you write it all out, try to keep it all clear and concise.

• Keep it all focused on you.

• Avoid rambling descriptions and unrelated topics.

Example: "Eye contact makes me feel nervous, and I want to immediately look away.  Bright lights, loud noises, and strong odors bother me so much that I cannot focus on my work.  Anything less than thin silk feels like sandpaper to my skin.  I want to speak, but the words won't come out if someone else is around.  Walking flat-footed is painful; I have to walk on the balls of my feet.  I need to feel loved, but the thought of hugging someone makes me feel nauseated..."

Do you see what I mean?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 6:58 pm

There are several Asperger test on-line. They will not give you an official diagnosis but rather just an approximation. You might find taking them to be useful.

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:04 pm

It is not uncommon for women to be misdiagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder instead of Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Misdiagnosed with BPD vs. ASD

Misdiagnosis of women with ASD with BPD

More on women and BPD/ASD

About the conditions

I would certainly look for someone that is experienced not only in diagnosing adults with ASD, but also women with ASD. Adult women have a difficult time getting ASD diagnoses.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:29 pm

Happy landings on this here WrongPlanet ... best wishes. Talking with your doc on your diagnosis

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:02 pm

ladina wrote:
I've trying to think of a way to talk to my current psychiatrist about the possibility of me being autistic. I know I will have to write about that since I can't elaborate on things out loud. Any tips are appreciated.

Do you know about "Theory of Mind"?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 5:36 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)