Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 4:30 pm

CarlM wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet :D. I'm ready for retirement NOW 8).

Thank you! And retirement is WONDERFUL! So, yeah, as soon as you can pull it off, by all means do! I fully retired in 2011 and have no desire to work again. My biggest problem is I could keep five of me busy but there's just one of me...and he seems to take his time doing just about anything.

CarlM wrote:
I've long known I was on the spectrum, even before it was a thing. But somehow missed the whole ND thing until last year.

Hmm... I didn't even know there was a spectrum 'til 2019. I had a growing suspicion there really was a difference but I would not have guessed anything related to autism. Finding out in 2019 that I had mild autism and that it explained so much was wonderful; I really did buy champagne on the way home from getting the diagnosis, and more champagne when the written report arrived. I suppose younger folk might not be so happy to get the diagnosis because it would mean the road ahead of them might be extra bumpy; in my case I was already comfortably retired so it just explained the bumps already past.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 6:26 pm

Discovering new understandings , I think could be a good cause for celelbrations... :jocolor:

where ever you go ,there you are

B19
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 6:30 pm

So pleased you have joined WP and our contingent of older members. I am one of the oldest currently active here. I enjoy the life experience and insights older members bring, you have lots to offer us all, so welcome.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2020, 7:27 am

Double Retired wrote:
This seems like the logical place to stick my toe in the water.

Hello!

That's not water.
That is where I marked my territory. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2020, 7:30 am

Double Retired wrote:
Thank you all for the gentle welcome. It is nice to see I am not the only one here who...um...has had a lot of birthdays.

It appears my age is not being shown so:
- I am 65
- I received my diagnosis a couple of days before my 65th birthday

I'm over 60 also. ;)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2020, 12:21 pm

B19 wrote:
So pleased you have joined WP and our contingent of older members. I am one of the oldest currently active here. I enjoy the life experience and insights older members bring, you have lots to offer us all, so welcome.

Those are kind words, thank you. Please don't set expectations too high for me, though. I would rather exceed expectations than disappoint.

P.S. I'm new to this association of folk stranded on the wrong planet but, so far, if I am going to be marooned on Earth the folk here seem like they might be nice company.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2020, 6:21 pm

Double Retired wrote:
B19 wrote:

Those are kind words, thank you. Please don't set expectations too high for me, though. I would rather exceed expectations than disappoint.

P.S. I'm new to this association of folk stranded on the wrong planet but, so far, if I am going to be marooned on Earth the folk here seem like they might be nice company.

:D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2020, 9:40 pm

Double Retired wrote:
B19 wrote:

start with baby steps, mebbe be like me, a outlier santa on an island of outlier santas? :santa: the planet can come later. ;)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 5:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
B19 wrote:

start with baby steps, mebbe be like me, a outlier santa on an island of outlier santas? :santa: the planet can come later. ;)

Wrong planet has a island of outlier Santas?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 12:22 am

Jakki wrote:

yes, on "the island of defective toy santas" :santa:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 4:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Applies several layers of bandaides to defective Santa’s

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 9:26 pm

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Applies several layers of bandaides to defective Santa’s

:heart: