Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 12:47 am

I wanted to say hello, as I joined not that long ago. I was recently diagnosed with autism at the beginning of the year as an adult and it’s been a struggle trying to fit into a community where I feel safe. I knew about this group prior but didn’t join because I kind of forgot to and I wasn’t diagnosed yet.

I recently had to leave an autism group (on certain social media platform) anti-vaxxers (all of them alleged parents of children with ASD) were in posting misinformation In a dumb post I made, I told the admin what was going on; didn’t feel safe, and they basically told me to eff off. Naturally I left because why be in a group where my concerns weren’t valid and I was being harassed. It sucked and I cried as I liked it.

I’m sorry for ranting and if this isn’t allowed. (I skimmed through the rules didn’t see anything about talking about this stuff and I am so sorry if I did). I just want to be in a community where I’m not going to get laughed at for stating that the whole vaccine/autism thing is untrue.

I hope you guys are nice. I want to fit in and try to learn how to cope, along with gain insight. I am still new at this sort of thing.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Carpeta
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 1:21 am

Welcome, honeytoast. I'm sorry you had a bad experience elsewhere. I am new and have been treated kindly here so far. There is, however, a lot of ongoing current turmoil and transitions. Hopefully that will be sorted out in time.

Some members have recently found things too stressful and have left for AutismForums. I haven't joined there yet myself and don't know its vibe, just throwing it out there so you're aware of it.

When I first found this place I read through the entirety of an amazing thread, The NT/AS Open Hotline. There's some insightful information in the earlier parts of it especially. It's a gem and ought to be preserved as a book or something, really!

RAADS-R: 122.0

Not a doctor.

Carpeta
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 1:21 am

Very cute avatar, by the way.

Not a doctor.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 1:28 am

Carpeta wrote:
Welcome, honeytoast. I'm sorry you had a bad experience elsewhere. I am new and have been treated kindly here so far. There is, however, a lot of ongoing current turmoil and transitions. Hopefully that will be sorted out in time.

Some members have recently found things too stressful and have left for AutismForums. I haven't joined there yet myself and don't know its vibe, just throwing it out there so you're aware of it.

When I first found this place I read through the entirety of an amazing thread, The NT/AS Open Hotline. There's some insightful information in the earlier parts of it especially. It's a gem and ought to be preserved as a book or something, really!

Hello!! It is nice to meet you. Thank you very much for your comment. I’m glad things seem to be alright here. I don’t think I’ve heard of that forum before, for now though I’ll stick to here.

I will definitely read through that. I took a glance and it was already pretty interesting.

Thank you again for your post and comment about my profile picture ! ! :D

I really like Princess Zelda, she’s so cute!

~~~~

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 2:22 am

Welcome to WP!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 2:32 am

Welcome to WP! Please don't be alarmed by the ongoing...ehrm...management issues.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 5:08 am

honeytoast wrote:
I wanted to say hello, as I joined not that long ago. I was recently diagnosed with autism at the beginning of the year as an adult and it’s been a struggle trying to fit into a community where I feel safe. I knew about this group prior but didn’t join because I kind of forgot to and I wasn’t diagnosed yet.

I recently had to leave an autism group (on certain social media platform) anti-vaxxers (all of them alleged parents of children with ASD) were in posting misinformation In a dumb post I made, I told the admin what was going on; didn’t feel safe, and they basically told me to eff off. Naturally I left because why be in a group where my concerns weren’t valid and I was being harassed. It sucked and I cried as I liked it.

I’m sorry for ranting and if this isn’t allowed. (I skimmed through the rules didn’t see anything about talking about this stuff and I am so sorry if I did). I just want to be in a community where I’m not going to get laughed at for stating that the whole vaccine/autism thing is untrue.

I hope you guys are nice. I want to fit in and try to learn how to cope, along with gain insight. I am still new at this sort of thing.

"The Haven" is a safe place to talk.
Aggression is not allowed in that forum.
You can talk about your concerns there.

viewforum.php?f=23

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 5:10 am

Thank you all so much!! :D

~~~~

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 5:27 am

Welcome honeytoast. I’m glad you’re here.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 5:37 am

Welcome and make yourself comfy.

Please excuse the mess - I am sure the mods will clear it up soon enough. :)

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 5:51 am

Temeraire wrote:
Welcome and make yourself comfy.

Please excuse the mess - I am sure the mods will clear it up soon enough. :)

What is this mess I keep hearing about? I’m on mobile so that has an effect on it but I feel so left out of the loop lol.

~~~~

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:02 am

I’m nice :)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m nice :)

He is.
One of the nicest people on WP. :heart:

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 8:00 am

Instead of sleeping I used that time to post a bunch on here lol. The energy here feels different, y’know?

~~~~

JonUnder
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2020, 8:04 am

honeytoast wrote:

A very familiar story. We're very similiar.

Carpeta
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 9:05 am

honeytoast wrote:
What is this mess I keep hearing about?

Drama drama drama. You can ignore it. Just don't talk about politics or other things that are controversial; stay out of the PPR subforum and any thread about news or current events. If you really want in on the present management soap opera, I can PM you, but you might be happier staying out of it; watching the drama unfold has taken over my week. :roll:

See you in the games forum! :mrgreen: And do get some sleep!

Not a doctor.