Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 10:01 pm

It can't just be me

alex
Developer
Developer

25 Sep 2020, 11:03 pm

Lot's of people in CA I think, some more active than others.

I'm in the los angeles area.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 11:08 pm

alex wrote:
Lot's of people in CA I think, some more active than others.

I'm in the los angeles area.

It's a large population, you would think there would be plenty. I hope they all drop by to say hello
Nice to meet you

alex
Developer
Developer

25 Sep 2020, 11:14 pm

welcome! I have met a lot of WP members here in los angeles over the years although we don't check the site every day. I just happened to see your recent post when I was online. I usually keep in touch with them IRL or over fb or text if we've become friends.

But welcome! there are people here from all over the world. it's a very diverse community.

jrazu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2020, 3:54 pm

Hello! I just registered on this forum today and I live in the Los Angeles area. Nice to meet you!

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 5:07 pm

jrazu wrote:
Hello! I just registered on this forum today and I live in the Los Angeles area. Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 5:39 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 8:11 am

Welcome here

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Sep 2020, 5:43 pm

jrazu wrote:

Welcome

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 6:28 pm

Welcome!

Mrs. Fnord and i live in Anaheim.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 6:36 pm

alex wrote:
welcome! I have met a lot of WP members here in los angeles over the years although we don't check the site every day. I just happened to see your recent post when I was online. I usually keep in touch with them IRL or over fb or text if we've become friends.

But welcome! there are people here from all over the world. it's a very diverse community.

I was thinking it would be fun to host get togethers or outings if people would be interested in getting out and meeting people like them. Maybe not just yet with the limited options for venues and concerns about COVID, just curious if it's been done before.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 6:55 pm

adromedanblackhole wrote:
I was thinking it would be fun to host get-togethers or outings if people would be interested in getting out and meeting people like them...
Do you have any specific ideas, or is this more of a "Somebody ought to do something" sentiment?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 9:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
adromedanblackhole wrote:
I was thinking it would be fun to host get-togethers or outings if people would be interested in getting out and meeting people like them...
Do you have any specific ideas, or is this more of a "Somebody ought to do something" sentiment?

More like is it socially acceptable to suggest meeting in person here as I don't know the rules

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 5:11 pm

I'm in California. At the other end of the state, though.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 1:02 am

alex wrote:

How did the friendships blossom here?
I feel like I can be overwhelmingly enthusiastic to make friends with people I have things in common with

BlakeParsons
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Oct 2020, 3:54 am

Hi! my name is Blake and I'm from California. Unfortunately, I don't live there now, but I really miss those places...